“Newly renovated, nicer Comfort Inn property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
White Lake, Michigan
“Newly renovated, nicer Comfort Inn property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here after being in downtown Chicago all day on business - first off its now a Comfort Inn and Suites, not a Comfort Suites. But this is a nice property for a Comfort Inn, one of the nicer ones I've seen.

I arrived kind of late and the evening check in agent was efficient but not particularly friendly, but nevertheless, everything else was pretty much great. The wi-fi was free and fast, the bed was comfortable, the room was spacious, and everything about the hotel looked new. The only problem was the guests in the room above me (I was on floor two) were really loud past midnight. It sounded like they were running laps around their room. I called the front desk and the same lady that checked me in told me it was past "quiet hours" and she'd try and get them to quiet down, but 15 minutes later it hadn't stopped and I took an Ambien and managed to fall asleep.

Breakfast in the morning was good. All in all with the exception of the noisy guests upstairs my stay was pretty good.

Room Tip: maybe a top floor room, it'll be quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manteno, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked the hotel well in advance like I do all my stays with Choice Hotels. Upon check in, my wife was hassled for trying to use my Choice Rewards Visa, the card I reserved with. The desk person would not let her use it, (I never do the check in because I am disabled and have NEVER had an issue until this stay. She had to use her Discover card, possibly causing me to lose the points I get from my Visa.

Once I made it to the room, I checked out the handicapped bathroom/shower area. The toilet was so close to the sink it was very hard to use comfortably. (See Picture) When I showered, the handheld shower head fell apart in my hand causing water to spray everywhere. I put it back together, but it still worked poorly....including the cover piece where you hold the wand was missing.(See picture)

The room had been cleaned prior to our arrival, but it is still plenty dusty come the next day (we stayed two days)(I would have cancelled reservation had the time not expired) The bed was clean and comfy, but oh the noise! It sounded like jumping cattle all throughout the night. Banging, booming and doors slamming all night. The smell of a bad car exhaust kept coming in through the closed windows/walls, etc.

Throughout the path I took to and from my car, the trim work looked amateur, this being a newly remodeled location I thought it would have been higher quality.

Breakfast the first morning was "ok" having the standard egg patties and sausage patties. Missing was the typical Choice Hotel biscuits and gravy. The second morning their wasn't even any sausage by the time my wife made it to the dining are (7:30 AM) so we skipped breakfast that day.

Check out was easy and the cost wasn't as high as some other locations I have stayed at, but with the lack of quality, I found out why.

I came into this stay like I always do...expecting the usual high standards Choice Hotels generally provides....but I have to say that this stay was my second worst time. Only being beaten by the hotel I stayed at in Effingham that had NO ELEVATOR!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very nice hotel. Room was a really small but clean and perfect for one night. Check in was easy and a nice breakfast area. Safe area; Close to interstate 80 and plenty of restaurants nearby. Good value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed three nights during the first week of Nov, 2012. The hotel is brand new well equipped with latest appliances. The breakfast, which I really care for, was great. The two minor issue were the location, an hour away from Chicago downtown and the housekeeping, they would only give you a set of two towels, while every where else you get a set of four. Overall, we had a very comfortable stay and we will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed very briefly at Comfort Suites for a business trip. The room was just remodeled (you could still smell fresh paint) and quite nice. Large refridgerator and microwave as well as all the usual amenities. The room was immaculate and the bed and pillows were new as well. The towels were a bit scratchy, but nothing a little fabric softender couldn't fix. The only other let down was that there was no bar, restaurant or room service available - and that was only because we had a long car ride and were hoping for a drink and a snack. The complimentary breakfast had a large variety of choices and was a nice surprise. I would definately recommend a stay at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I used this location ony last business travel (10/17/11) and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. This particular location is just 11 years old and was just remodeled. The foyer area is beautiful which is what I use to prejudge my stay. There's a lot of truth to the saying "first impressions can make you or break you".
Upon check in, I was promptly addressed and acknowledged as a diamond member, checked in quickly and advised of all the services offered.

The cleanliness of the property in whole was superb from the outside to the interior common areas and the room. The bed was comfortable and the new white bedding was soft and looked great as well. There are many businesses nearby to eat and shop which is another positive point. Many within less that 1/10 of a mile so you could walk. If you don't want to walk and do not have a vehicle, the hotel has a complimentary shuttle to get you to and from your chosen destination.

• Stayed October 2012
Archbold, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is not luxurious but we had a nice, comfortable stay. The room was VERY clean and had everything we needed. Appreciated the refrigerator and microwave in the room as we had leftovers from the restaurant where we ate supper. Hotel is in a safe, quiet area but was accessed easily from interstate 80. Breakfast was more than just the standard muffins and bagels. There was hot food as well and numerous options.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!