“Price beats noise factor?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Toronto, Canada
“Price beats noise factor?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed one night while traveling for business. This hotel had a good price and due to its recent renovation I decided to try it out.
The area is fine though the street the hotel is on was difficult to get to turning left due to heavy traffic. The hotel looked fine. The parking was mostly in the back area which was odd. The lobby was nice and clean. I found check in a little slow. The hallway was a little used but clean.
The room itself was large with LCD tv, microwave and fridge. There was a small desk with a comfy chair. Wifi worked fine for me. The furniture was in good shape and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was ok. The counter was small although there was enough room for a larger one which left an odd empty corner. All-in-all it was fine.
My main complaint was noise coming through the walls and ceiling (2nd floor room). Not that the neighbors were overly noisy but voices and tv were heard. I think the hotel was quite full so maybe I was unlucky. It did get quieter later on.
The breakfast area was roomy but when I went there some items were lacking maybe because they were busy getting coffee since the maker was broken.
May give it a try another time and I'll request a room on upper floor.

Room Tip: Top floor may be less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Road Warrior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Spent one night here passing though town, this is a newly renovated Comfort Inn and Suites, no longer just a Comfort Suites. I had a king room, it was not a suite but it was still a decent size, I'd assume that all rooms were suites before the renovation so a normal room is perhaps slightly larger then your average Comfort Inn's normal room.

The bulk of the parking in the rear of the hotel, very few spaces out in front of the hotel besides handicapped ones, which is a tad unusual I thought, however, there is plenty of parking in the back so it wasn't a big deal. I'm not all that familiar with Chicago but the hotel seemed to me to be in a pretty decent and safe area, not sure I'd want to be in the back of the hotel bringing luggage in late at night if I were a single female though so keep that in mind, it is well lit but somewhat more isolated then the front of the hotel.

The renovated rooms were nice, everything was in good condition, clean and worked well. The only hiccup was the Internet, while the download speeds tested excellent at 19Mbps, there must be some latency or packet loss issues or something because it was actually very, very slow surfing, It was pretty frustrating at times as I had work to do. The hotel manager really needs to talk to their ISP to see if they can isolate the problem because it should be much, much faster based on the download speed tests I ran, there is clearly a problem somewhere.

All in all this is a pretty solid hotel now that it's renovated and at only $75 AAA rate per night I thought it was a good value as well. I would probably return if I were in the area again. I'll call this one 3.5 stars, definitely better then your average Comfort Inn but falls a little short of very good.

BTW liked the little magnets at the bottom of the room doors that hold it open while you bring your luggage in, never seen that in another hotel but it was handy so kudos to whoever thought of it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This property has been renovated and is now a Comfort Inn & Suites. The renovations are finished, and our room was nice. We booked a room with two doubles/queens, and we're pleasantly surprised when we walked into the room. It was large, had a couch, fridge, and microwave. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was typical, but all of the staff that we encountered were very friendly. My only complaint was that the pool was COLD! We (including the kids) could only stand it for about five minutes. Otherwise, a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kevin P, Manager at Comfort Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and review. Sorry to hear about our pool problem. The water temperature has been adjusted to a more inviting 84F. Happy to hear you like the renovations and enjoyed your room. The room you were given was our suite style room.
Once again thank you for your business and we look to forward to be of service in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We were warned when making the reservation that renovations are under way here. They're not intrusive but there are workmen going up and down in the elevator at all hours, so be prepared to mingle with them. Also, there's the occasional loud thump overhead.
Reception was very friendly and fast. The room needed renovation so I can't complain that it's happening floor by floor right now. When it's done, I'm sure the rooms will look great.
We stayed here three nights and were comfortable, with nothing but the above issues to note.
Check-out was far less friendly; the desk clerk had a definite attitude to doing anything whatsoever except look surly.
Would I stay again? Yes, once renovations are complete. I have a few tricks of my own for surly clerks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Kevin P, Manager at Comfort Suites Tinley Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
As of February 10, 2012, the former Comfort Suites is now the Newly Renovated Comfort Inn & Suites. The Hotel has gone through a complete renovation. All common area, including: Lobby, Business Center, Fitness Center and Breakfast area have been extensively up graded. The guest rooms all have new furniture, carpeting, beds, vanity sinks, 32" LCD TV and sitting package. We are really excited about our new look. We now offer complementary shuttle service (5 mile radius).

Thank you to all guests who have supported us in the past, and a warm welcome to all new Guests.

Hope to see you soon.
Muskegon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Oh my...what a horrible experience!!
The receptionist must get a bonus for being extremely crabby!! She doesn't look at you, never smile or pleasant, snippy, and the list goes on... I am in hotels a lot and this was the worst experience I have ever had at a Comfort Suites. This same woman was on duty when I checked in as well as in the morning. When I asked for some hot food for the continental breckfast she replied, what you see is what you get.
I've been to the Sleep Inn next door before and if I stay in the area again, I will definitely go there! The receptionist is smiling and very helpful. The breckfast room is small but has a large variety of foods to start my day! I really like Sleep Inns with lots of lights in the bedrooms and the large shower; plus the electric socket is at the desk level for my laptop and I don't have to go searching by crawling on the floor like I do at Comfort Inns.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sorry for the less than satisfactory stay. We were extensively renovating the property during the 2011 Summer and Fall season. Please do give us another opportunity once we complete our renovations, Spring 2012. I'm sure you will be pleased with our new and updated product.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

It was a nice clean motel with good-size rooms. It seems to be fairly new, not too fancy. It had a pool, but not a hot tub. Breakfast was pretty good with two kinds of waffles, scrambled eggs, and other items. The neighborhood looks something like an industrial park, with nearby law offices, a couple other motels, and some kind of light industrial firm. Within walking distance are an oriental restarant, a strip mall, and a gas station. We ate at the deli at the strip mall and bought chips at the gas station.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

While the hotel seemed clean and the location was good, the business center and fitness center were closed for remodeling and the ice machine was out of order. The front desk gave us the run-around. I had reserved a roll-away bed on the internet - only to be told that they did not have any roll-away beds at that location. However, when we checked out, we were charged for a roll-away bed. When we questioned the charge , the same person at the front desk who had previously told us that they had no roll-away beds at that location asked us if we had a roll-away or not. We got the feeling that they would tell stories or make up excuses depending on the day. Also, the room description said "partial room divider" - but this room was no different than any other standard hotel room that I had been in - and there was no such "partial room divider". There definitely wasn't anything sweet or suite about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Tinley Park? Share your experiences!