“Great low-cost alternative to Holiday Inn Convention Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Chicago Illinois
“Great low-cost alternative to Holiday Inn Convention Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice clean hotel in quiet office area and about 2 blocks away to Convention Center. Can walk but safer to drive on busy streets not set up for pedestrians. So-so basic breakfast but can't beat a room rate that is half or better than the Holiday Inn Convention Hotel especially if you are on a budget. Also right off of the Interstate 80 Harlem Avenue Exit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I did a lot of research before booking our stay and Sleep in seemed like the best value. Overall, very satisfied. Awesome location with many restaurants nearby. We were able to catch a shuttle with another couple from right outside the door and then walk back from First Midwest Amphitheater after our concert. Fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker were super convenient for leftovers after the show and waking up the next morning. Staff was friendly and check-in/out, a breeze. Only complaint would be the unusually small pillows.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for a week...the first 4 days were fine but the last 3 days were a nightmare. One night I went to the front desk to ask for something and I found the Night Auditor sleeping on the couch in the waiting area and I had to wake him up. The following day I was informed I would have to switch rooms. The room I was put into had fruit flies so I went to the front desk and the girl told me she would send the maintenance man with bug spray because the hotel was sold out so she couldnt move me. Three hours later I again inquired about the spray and was informed the maintenance man went home and she has no idea where to find any spray. I asked the Night Auditor if he knew if they had any spray he told me he couldn't help me and since I was using points that night for fhe room I could go down the street to the store to buy my own bug spray. The following morning they offered to move me but I had already bought some bug spray and sprayed the room so moving was simply an inconvenience especially since I am sick with stage 4 cancer. That same night around 930 I called the front desk to complain that the guest across the hall from me had slammed the door around 15 times. The front desk employee told me if it happened again he would get a hold of them....15 minutes later the door slamming started again and I had to call the front desk again at which point he finally went and knocked on their door. The problem I had with this was I work at a hotel and seeing that I was on the first floor a few doors from the front desk...the employee should have addressed the situation immediately after he heard the slamming doors. I spoke to Robin and was told nothing could be done because I chose not to switch rooms and I got a great rate.... $5.00 off the room.....very disappointed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Clean...a bit smaller than most...but still plenty of room...clean...better than the average breakfast. Room has shower only which was no problem. Parking is good and area around hotel seems nice and safe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had tickets to a concert. The rooms were nicely appointed, and it was very clean. The room was a little small but it served its purpose. The walls were very thin. The shuttle was an excellent service!

• Stayed August 2013
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was a big surprise to me -- I expected something much more spartan and was very pleased to open the door to my room and find a delightful, cozy space with a very comfortable queen bed with good bedding, separate room for shower and toilet, a nice-looking, dark wood desk and closet area, and a microwave and fridge. Whoever designed these rooms knew what they were doing! I asked for and got a very quiet room and everything in the room worked properly. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. Included were free wi-fi and breakfast. I will check out Sleep Inns in my future travels...if they are all as nice as this one, I'll certainly get my money's worth!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet area on an upper floor. The hotel is right next to a very busy road, but I didn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tinley Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was last minute booking but the place was very clean and staff were nice. The room was good enough and the free breakfast in the morning was a plus. I would come here again and I would tell my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kevin P, Manager at Sleep Inn Tinley Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our Hotel Anthony. I'll be sure to pass your complements to your staff members. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Sleep Inn Tinley Park? Share your experiences!