“Good value for price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good value for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Clean...a bit smaller than most...but still plenty of room...clean...better than the average breakfast. Room has shower only which was no problem. Parking is good and area around hotel seems nice and safe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we had tickets to a concert. The rooms were nicely appointed, and it was very clean. The room was a little small but it served its purpose. The walls were very thin. The shuttle was an excellent service!

• Stayed August 2013
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was a big surprise to me -- I expected something much more spartan and was very pleased to open the door to my room and find a delightful, cozy space with a very comfortable queen bed with good bedding, separate room for shower and toilet, a nice-looking, dark wood desk and closet area, and a microwave and fridge. Whoever designed these rooms knew what they were doing! I asked for and got a very quiet room and everything in the room worked properly. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient. Included were free wi-fi and breakfast. I will check out Sleep Inns in my future travels...if they are all as nice as this one, I'll certainly get my money's worth!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet area on an upper floor. The hotel is right next to a very busy road, but I didn...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tinley Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was last minute booking but the place was very clean and staff were nice. The room was good enough and the free breakfast in the morning was a plus. I would come here again and I would tell my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kevin P, Manager at Sleep Inn Tinley Park, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our Hotel Anthony. I'll be sure to pass your complements to your staff members. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Comfy Rooms.All mod cons.Helpful staff & more than adequate continental breakfast.& bus shuttle to places nearby.
To those choosing a hotel,they say Sleep Inn is in the middle of a Shopping centre.Apart from an LA Fitness & Filling station/convenience store,everything seams to be a restaurant.in the middle of an interstate..However,if you have a car you are an hours drive from the Ampitheatre,Water park,Downtown & Airport making this a great hotel to choose,otherwise its fixed rate cab which could cost up to 100 dollars A trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion as to our locale. True, we are located in an interstate location and a car would be required to reach most local destinations. We are 30 min from Chicago city center. Best method of travel to the city, if you don't have a car, would be via train. Our local train station is located less than a mile away, for which we do offer complementary shuttle service. I hope the reset of your travels are excellent. Hope to see you again in the future.
Freeport, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn as we were attending a show at the First Midwest Amphitheater on the night of our stay. The check in guys were friendly enough. We were lucky enough to listen in to the couple checking in next to us who got all the info. on the free shuttle to the amphitheater. It's a great service -- easy to get to the venue, but more of a challenge on the way home. We left the concert early, but the shuttle wouldn't leave until it was full, so we ended up taking a cab back ($7 per person).

The room was clean enough. The bathroom tile and such could've looked better, but it was clean and the price was right.

The hotel was just a short car ride from the Tin Fish where we ate dinner and is close to the amphitheater, so the location is good.

The free breakfast in the morning is average. For those not looking for a carb overload, there were hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs (those round disks they heat up in the microwave), some fruit and yogurt. The rest was cereal, bagels, pastries, etc.

I was expecting to be awoken by the late-night concert goers when they returned, but pleasantly was not. Either they were quite when they returned or the rooms are sound-proofed well.

Room Tip: Room 108 is handicap accessible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
starchild101
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at the Sleep Inn for a show at the First Midwest Amplitheater. Overall the rooms are very nice, value is decent, and they have a shuttle to the concert venue (but good luck getting back via the shuttle).
The details: Check in was great, there was only one person checking people in, but he was very effiecient and kept a smile on his face. We did inquire about the shuttle to the concert, he said it was free, first come-first serve, and take a phone number of a cab just in case you dont make it back. (more on the shuttle later). Room was very nice, bed comfey, nice flat screen, and the space pod shower was cool. Only thing I didn't like about the room was those damn little square pillows - hate them, get rid of them, they are useless.
Back to the shuttle, got over to the venue super fast (I recommend going a little early so you don't have to wait for the shuttle). Getting back, well thats a different story. With 18,000 people getting out of a show the only way you are going to get on a shuttle is if you hit the first shuttle back, there is just no way for cabs or shuttles to efficently get back into the venue with so much traffic exiting. We said screw it, and walked back to the hotel. It wasn't that bad with cell phone gps in hand (walk down oak park ave, to 183rd and you are there). The walk clocked in at 45 minutes, and we were moving faster than the traffic, total distance was about 1.8 miles - not bad. I don't blame the shuttle, just too much traffic. So HERE IS MY TIP: If you have plans to take the shuttle to a concert, make plans to leave the show early to get the shuttle back, OR wait for a very long time for a cab or shuttle, OR just hoof it back. If it's a nice night I would do the same as we did, take the shuttle there and walk back.
Overall, the place is nice, and I would stay here again for another concert.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Tinley Park? Share your experiences!