“Had issues again, but they made it right” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Tinley Park
Williamsburg, Iowa
“Had issues again, but they made it right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed her, the first time there was a hole were the handle was supposed to be on the bathroom door in a 2 bed room, this time the shower was broke. I was really frustrated at having issues both times I've stayed here. They cleaned another room for us and took 30% off our stay, but our departure was delayed by an hour waiting for the shower to be fixed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Millersburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in the area on business. This hotel is newly renovated. We had a late check-in (2 am) and the night clerk was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very small but if you just need a room, the rooms are very clean and up to date for someone really just needs a place to sleep and shower and relax. The toilet and shower are in one little room and there's enough room for one person to be in there. It did not have a bathrub but a very roomy shower with great pressure. There were only two bath towels in the room, which seemed odd to me. Most hotels I've stayed in had at least 4 bath towels. The sink was outside the toilet and shower room which is where the coffee maker was located. The room had a queen bed which had very new linens on it however it was very firm. I like firm beds but I woke up sore with this one. It had a new flat screen TV and desk area with a closet however no extra chairs or a couch. There was a small fridge in our room which was nice if one is needed.

Breakfast was over at 10 am and they do clean up breakfast promptly at 10 am so we missed it for the most part due to a very sleeping in late.

For what we needed for the night, it worked out well but the room itself is about the size of a bedroom so if you want something roomy, this place may not be the place for you. In some respects, for anyone who isn't good with small spaces, this is a bit claustrophobic. But all in all, for what we needed, it worked however it's surrounded by other hotels which probably have larger rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kevin P, Manager at Sleep Inn Tinley Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Heidi:
Thank you for your recent visit and review. Glad to hear about your overall satisfaction with our hotel. True, Sleep Inn are build slightly smaller than most hotel, though, as you mentioned we provide all the current and modern amenities as any competing hotel. Sorry you were not able to partake in the breakfast. Hope to be of service in the near future.
Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. I had a great check-in experience, Melissa was very welcoming. I called them a couple of times throughout the day to let them know that I would not be checking in until later in the evening and they were fine with that. Upon check-in I informed Melissa that there was a possibility that we would check out a day early. She made it clear that it was fine and that there would be no penalty since I did not book through a third party. She kindly asked that I let them know the morning of, at least by 10:30am. The room was somewhat small but it had EVERYTHING we needed! The microwave and mini fridge were a nice plus. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The waffles at breakfast were very good. Although we were pretty much always the only ones in the breakfast area I suggest that you get there in plenty of time before they put the breakfast away(10am). On my last morning there the breakfast clerk made it very clear (at 10:03am) to a family eating there that they needed to finish up because she needed to clear out the area. Kind of rude if you ask me? I then approached the front desk (which is right in front of the breakfast area) at 10:05am and informed the clerk at the front desk that I needed to go ahead and check out that morning, a day early. She asked me my room #, I provided her with it but also offered my name since I was not 100% sure about my room #. She plugged it in and said, "I found it" and she said "ok". Before I walked away I asked her by what time did I need to be out of the room by she said 11:00am. I thanked her and told her that would give me plenty of time to get my suitcase together. I've now returned from my trip and discovered that they've charged me the 5th night that I did not stay. I called them earlier today, they stated that they have no record that I checked out early and they asked that I provide them with the copy of the receipt that I signed at the time of check-out as evidence. However, I was not asked to sign anything and was not provided with a receipt either. It seems to now basically be my word against theirs. I faxed in several receipts this evening for their review that proves I was in another state for the date in question. Maybe they can review their surveillance video?? I described the office clerk to them, they said they will ask her about it tomorrow and will then follow up with me. Please sign out upon checkout and ask for a receipt to avoid this from happening to you! I really hope to get this resolved as I was really looking forward to staying with them again in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. It was a pleasure to speak with you and address your concerns. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay more pleasant by issuing a refund for the night in question. Again please except our apologies for the inconvenience. Your needs and comments are taken very seriously and I assure you this will be used as a tool to help us provide better guest service. Thank you in advance for giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Bensalem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very comfortable place to stay. I was surprised with the hot breakfast offered and the friendliness of the breakfast clerk Mary. The front desk lady that checked me in, Quina, was also helpful and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Tinley Park area. Very pleased.

Room Tip: They also offer smoking rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynette:
Thank you for your resent stay and review of the hotel. Your warm comments have been pasted along to our team members, and they too thank you. I am happy that my hotel and staff members contributed to your comfortable stay. Hope to see you again.
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed in both Choice Hotels in Tinley Park within the last 2 weeks, the Sleep Inn and the Comfort Inn and Suites, I believe these are sister properties owned by the same people if I am not mistaken.

In the end I preferred the Comfort over the Sleep Inn.

Both hotels have been renovated recently. My room at the Sleep inn was a very tiny single queen room and I mean very tiny, I think a coffin has more room inside then that hotel room. However, though it was small it was clean and layed out well. All of the furnishings including the bed and carpet looked very new. Room had a microwave and fridge as well which was a surprise as I was not anticipating that. Also had a flat screen LCD TV mounted to the wall and a pretty cool looking and comfortable desk chair.

The bed was a Simmons Beautyrest which I typically love but this one was really firm. In fact when I woke up in the morning I felt like I went a few rounds with Mike Tyson the bed was so rough.

As with the Comfort the wireless internet at the Sleep was also horrendous, must use the same ISP. The download speeds tested fast but the surfing was really lousy. As I said about the Comfort they need to figure out what the problem is there because both hotels Internet is especially bad.They need to get a new ISP if they can't figure out why the latency is so bad.

Other then that the stay was fine. Your not going to want to book a single queen room if your going to be there for a few days, it might be OK for 1 person but no way for 2 people, its just too darn small. Its only acceptable for 2 people if your just passing though town and need a place to crash.

Bottom-line if the prices are the same or close to the same choose the Comfort Inn, if the Comfort is much more expensive choose the Sleep Inn, both are decent hotels but I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

When I first began staying here I was a bit skeptical about what I would be getting. I was extremely happy with my experiences at this hotel. They have renovated all the rooms with up to date amenities. Another small tidbit, but important to me, the LCD TVs actually play HD programming, which is a plus in this area. Also, the service at this hotel is awesome! When you need something or want information they will accommodate your needs. I have never had a problem with this hotel and have stayed at several in the area. I will always return to the Sleep Inn. The only suggestion I would have for improvement is the daily free breakfast is always the same. Maybe there is some way to change it up a bit for some variety. Overall this is the best hotel in the area, hand down! I would like to correct one item, this hotel does not have a pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Business T. This is what Sleep Inn represents. We are here to provide the business traveler as clean comfortable stay at an excellent value, all while providing the best level of service and complete array of amenities. You are correct, we do not have a pool. The guest who stated we do, stays at our sister hotel, Comfort Inn (has pool) and Sleep Inn. True, our breakfast is the "same" daily, its part of our Franchise Standard. Breakfast, along with most other standards are set by our Franchise, and unfortunately, we are not able to deviate... though a good goal to work towards. Once again thank you for your business and hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The rooms have been recently remodeled and the Assistant Manager at the front desk was awesome. I stay here roughly once a month since January of this year and the service and rooms are always better than the price. The pool is a good size and the water is always the right temperature. The rooms are equipped with new LCD's on the wall and the decor is nice and updated. The breakfast is Continental Style with hot and cold items and fresh juice. There are other hotels around this area but I would choose this one each and every time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Tinley Park? Share your experiences!