“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Navarre, Florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I went there prior to movie theatre next door. Decor is retro as is the 50's music. Food tasted good. Wife's burger was excellent. My roast beef was good however I do not like black pepper and it was strong on this beef sandwich. My four is based on the order mix up. I ordered a basket for the beef and that should have been an additional 3.00. When I went back to the counter to get my soda, they looked at my order and said that for my basket they substituted my soda for my wife's shake. Gave me a soda. When I went back for my fries, I was told I didn't order a basket???

I might try something different next time and have counter person read my order back to me before I pay.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sycamore, Illinois
“Eat here. Now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food here is bad for you. They tell you so right on their sign. And that's why it tastes SO GOOD!!

They don't serve a bad item. Everything is great. They're a less 'fast food' than McD's, a little less upscale than Applebees or TGIF. They sit in that niche right in between where the you're getting quality food but you aren't paying $10 for a burger.

That said, you can pay $10+ for a burger here. But that gets you 4, 5, 6, or MORE!! 1/4 lb patties on a single bun.

They've also got the best Italian beef in the area, hot dogs and polish, chicken strips, chili, tamales, bison burgers, fries, tots and some pretty solid milkshakes with a variety of flavors to mix and match.

This place is NOT to be missed.

To top it all off, they are a BYOB establishment and they are open super late on Friday and Saturday night. Like, the-bars-are-closing-and-I'm-hungry late.

• Visited February 2014
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
“We love Riccardi's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The first time I went here, I wasn't too sure if it would be a good experience, but it is wonderful! They have great food at reasonable prices, and a great selection! They use Inboden's meat, and also serve great buffalo burgers. I personally love their mac & cheese bites: best ones I've ever had, and that's saying something for me! My kids love the mini ice cream cones, too! Don't miss this adorable place!

• Visited August 2013
Illinois City, Illinois
“Fun retro soda shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a favorite of my Grandson. Kids meals come in a chevy replica "basket." Kids meals come with a mini cone, drink and fries. The grilled chicken sandwich is great. On a Friday night, there is often entertainment. It's a fun place to have dinner.

• Visited April 2013
McHenry, IL
“Gourmet meat disguised as an ice cream shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter and I dropped in this main street shop for lunch during a rain delay at a local softball tournament. From the outside it looks like a quaint ice cream shop with hot dogs of which Illinois has an excellent selection. When I opened the door I was disappointed: no lunch counter, just a small ordering counter and some old tables. Expecting a bland boiled hot dog but not wanting to return to the downpour outside to search for someplace better, we approached the counter and ordered a simple lunch, a hot dog for my girl, grilled cheese and chili for me. It was AWESOME! Vienna Beef hot dog prepared perfectly. Hearty grilled cheese, with real butter. Home made chili not too chunky, not too tomatoey, and wonderfully spiced. Terrific (hand cut?) french fries. While eating we noticed the sign on the wall recognizing Riccardi's for the best hamburger in the county, and the owner's personally prepared selection of meat rub spices. We can't wait to return.

• Visited June 2013