“Lovely Local” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sydney
“Lovely Local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We walked past this restaurant many times before venturing in one night. Wow - what a great find. Special note is the traditional hummus & the Moorish Chicken - both wickedly delicious. Make sure you take your own wine as their list is very limited. A bit crowded & cramped. But all this is forgiven by friendly staff and great food. We've been back a few ties now - the best compliment.

Sydney
“More than enough food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've lived around the corner from Emma's for a couple of years and have always said we'll get there one day! Well that day was last Tuesday and it was well worth the wait! Even for a "school night" the place was almost full, even the rain didn't keep people away.

The service was fantastic and the food was beautiful. We both decided on the banquet as we wanted to experience the varieties of food available. I have to say the food just didn't stop coming out......there was so much of it for 2 people. We definitely shouldn't have had as much bread and olive oil for starters, we had to take home a doggie bag (which was just as nice for lunch the next day).

I'd have to say my favourite was the Moorish Chicken with the Lady Fingers running a close second.

It definitely won't be years until we go back, I reckon we have found a new favourite in Enmore!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Very good Lebanese meat and fish (not veg only!!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went there with some friends the first time and then went back twice lately, so I tried pretty much the whole menu.
The good thing is that everything comes in small portions, but big enough to be shared by 4 people, so you can experience a lot of different things.
I love the food, the bread, the desserts, the service, and I think it's a good-value choice.
My favorites are the eggplant, shawarna, the spiced fish with tahini, the baklawa and the chocolate dessert.
The negative for me is how noisy it gets when it's busy: it's one of those places where you're better off tipsy and in a large group, or you won't be able to talk to the people in front of you.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great vegetarian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to the baba ghanoush, hummus and fried cauliflower! I got all of that and more. The food was amazing and the customer service was unnoticeable meaning we never had to call for it, the hosts were always around making sure the food was flowing. This is a great place for a big group of people to share and enjoy some great food and times.
PS: it is loud and we went on a Saturday night, so if you are looking for a romantic place, this is probably not the best choice as the place does get quiet loud and it has no views as it is in a residential area.

canberra
“Always good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is a popular restaurant and you best book ahead. It's cosy but comfortable and the food - although not big on my list - is always good. It's more a place I go because friends want to try it - has a good reputation with locals and visitors

Visited June 2011