“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Town & Country Inn

Town & Country Inn
You added Town & Country Inn to your Saves list
Town & Country Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2110 North Bloomington Street, Streator, IL 61364 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Streator
indiana
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

Trying to book this room was a joke. I called twice and would ask a question, (price, if there was breakfast) and after each question I was hung up on. Due to lack of options in Streator we decided to go ahead. Super 8 stinks as well!

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 year old son. We were giving the key at 11 PM and when we went to the door it was left open. We went back to the desk and told him and he said the maid probably left it open.

There was garbage in the corners on the floor, mold in the bathroom, and it smellls aweful. We need a place to stay for the next few nights and we plan on traveling to Ottawa and cutting our trip short due to the travel it will take to visit our family on the South Side of Streator everyday.

Sadly disappointed in Streator.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

December 2008: Called to make hotel reservation. Was told by individual who answered that the hotel is under "new management". It is now called "America's Best Value Inn." It was very, very, very hard to understand this person, who was speaking in a very thick Indian accent.

I was on the phone for only 5 minutes and got 2 of my questions answered when the individual said "If you want hotel room, you call back." Then he hung up on me! I called him back and said "This is the person who just called and who you just hung up on. This is not what good managers do, especially when it is a customer calling." Then I hung up on him!

I have not seen this hotel, however, if the receptionist is any indication: Stay Away! Geez. Can you imagine a conversation with this person trying to ask him for an extra towel in your room?!

Personally, it doesn't matter how clean the rooms are. If someone hangs up on me when I am calling to give them my money and a reservation, they have just lost both of them, plus my respect. I used to stay at this hotel (Town and Country) before it changed hands. Now, because of this one incident, I will never stay here and give them my money, and I will advise everyone I know to do the same.

Your best bet: Stay at the Super8 in Wenona (they are very nice), or stay in Ottawa. Both Wenona and Ottawa are equal distance to Streator.

• Stayed December 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

Returned to hometown for a surprise anniversary party. At check in we were told that there was a problem a gas line, hence no hot water in the rooms. We were offered a reduced rate from what we were quoted when first making reservation.

It appeared that there are some week to week or month to month locals living/renting. They were no bother.

The pool was drained.

The continental breakfast bar was sufficient.

All staff members were very friendly.

When reserving, I would check with the "gas line" problem to assure that it was fixed.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Older wear and tear needing addressed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

My daughter got married on March 10th and we had our weddding reception at the Town and Country Inn. Many of our out-of-state relatives stayed at the hotel as well. I must say it was a wonderful experience from start to finish.

This is not a new hotel, and that's obvious by looking at it, so there are normal wear and tear issues, of course. But they, in NO WAY, detracted from our experience. A few rooms had some cobweb issues, but the bathrooms were clean, the beds were clean and comfortable, and the room was large, well-lit and quite a bargain.

My daughter and her husband are vegetarians, so the meal was meatless. The food was excellent. It was prepared well, served nicely, hot things hot, cold things cold, the reception went off without a hitch.

I cannot say enough about the staff. They were outstanding from the second I arrived to the moment we checked out. They were so helpful and friendly, it was a totally fabulous evening for everyone.

When my son gets married, I will suggest to him that we consider the Town and Country Inn for his festivities as well!

• Liked — The staff were outstanding
  • Disliked — It's an older facility. Any minor issues were to be expected and did not detract from my experience.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Springfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

I recently stayed here and I LOVED IT! The front desk staff is as nice as can be, and they sure know how to carry on a good converstation, they actually CARE!! Other hotels do not compare to this hotel. The pool and hot tub were extremely nice, as were the rooms. Good price too!!!!! I highly recommend going to the Town and Country Inn.

Stayed June 2006
Fountain Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

We stayed at this hotel because it was near the location of where our friends were getting married. It was very fresh and clean with a friendly staff. I hear the breakfast and bar are great but I didn't get a chance to try either one. The hotel showed some signs of age but everything was still very fresh and clean. Excellent price for what they offered!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

I spent three weeks at the Town and Country Inn. This is an older property and is showing a lot of wear around the edges. Not as good as I had hoped for, the room had a lot of street noise. The curtains do not block out enough light. The heater cannot be used to drown out the street noise because it only runs until the room is warmed, then shuts off. The heater was also very loud while operating. Their wireless Internet only operated for a couple days, apparently nobody in Streator can fix it. The excercise room has old rusty equipment, I guess because it's next to the pool and hot tub. There were a couple of good points, the staff is friendly and the beds are comfortable. However, given the cost charged for the room I cannot recommend it.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Been to Town & Country Inn? Share your experiences!