“Family Reuion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chicago Southland

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Holland
Chicago Southland
You added Chicago Southland to your Saves list
17345 Halsted Street, South Holland, IL 60473 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in South Holland
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Family Reuion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I came in and asked for my room to be told that my room was not available.Because it was not clean,and my clothes had to stay in the lobby until another room came available at 3:45 pm.When I went up to ask the desk clerk or person was very sarcastic as if tho I was the one making her uncomfortable,I asked for a refund for the time I had to stand in the lobby while the rest of my family enjoyed themselves.They want you to pay every dime.Well same here for the time I did not spend in my room.Other than that the room was beautiful and the other staff was beautiful just that one staff person on evening shift who wouldn't let me have my room she make the rest of you all look bad.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't call in the evening time.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
ne washington state
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

we wanted a spot out of chicago as we were heading to ohio next morning. this place looked good on the website(have always had good luck with bw's). the room was acceptably clean. the swimming pool was filthy. the breakfast had bugs in the oj and the gravy was ice cold. the staff seemed as though they could care less.

Stayed November 2006
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

Stayed at this hotel because a training session I attended was hosted here. Also, the price was right and I am a member of Best Western’s rewards club. There was a Hilton Garden Inn right next door, but it was a little pricier. Upon driving up to the hotel (which was tucked away next to I-80), you could tell that it used to be a Hampton Inn. This property is in need of some TLC.

The check-in process was antiquated as they had no computers. The hallway in which our room was located smelled of smoke and felt like 100 degrees. Fortunately, our room was smoke-free and was relatively clean. On the plus side, it did have a mini-fridge and microwave. The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding was in bad need of replacement; there was a cigarette burn on the blanket.

The “continental breakfast” was sparse and lackluster. At least the hotel had wireless Internet access.

I would not recommend this hotel, especially since there is a nicer, newer property right next door.

• Liked — Location to the event (was held at the hotel)
  • Disliked — Condition of property
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Chicago Southland? Share your experiences!