“Jail is probably more comfortable and safe!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added South Holland Inn to your Saves list
South Holland Inn
17225 S Halsted Street, South Holland, IL 60473   |
“Jail is probably more comfortable and safe!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is a dump! Not sure if it was clean everything looked grimy. Light bulbs didn't work. Plaster pealing from wall and had mound lumps. Scared to take shoes off carpet looks gross. Fridgerator had everything warm. Bathroom so small you cant wipe your butt. bathtub had rust. fan in bathroom sound like a plane landing. Then they had the nerve to have christmas tress car air freshener in the heater. What kind of bootleg crap this??? omg tacky!! We checked out the fastest we could. Then next day I asked if they could look to see if we left a phone charger the told me it wasn't turned in, the don't have it and someone's in the room so they can't look again. The lobby looks like an alley that they homeless use to stay warm. Just rude and nasty. We ended up at Comfort Inn on Kedzie Ave. nice place clean fresh. No one should stay here cause it should be condemned

• Stayed February 2013

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

WE Stayed there yesterday and checked out TODAY our SHT was MISSING and they gone act like it wasnt there they motel smell likes WEED in the HALL WAYS and its noisy NEVER GO TO SOUTH HOLLAND INN ITS NOT WORTH it they non smoking smell like SMOKE. They blankets smells I'D RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR THEN GO BACK TO SOUTH HOLLAND INN!!!!!!!!!! It was a used rubber under the covers. Smh.

• Stayed September 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

It was soo dirty, the floor in the hallway needed to be vacuumed. The room had bullet holes in the wall. The "clean" towels had hair on them. When I told the receptionist he said "What did you expect, you paid $40. You get what you pay for." it's was filthy, but to be honest I would go again because it was sooo cheap, lol!!

• Stayed September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

<b>Cheap, under $40.</b> Front desk very nice and professional. English speaking Indians. Fast Wi-fi internet. Heat and water work. Vending and Soda Machines. Clean beds, no roaches or bed bugs visible. Just good if its just you or your mate need to crash. I am a private detective, so it was good for a quick night of napping and back on the road.

<b>The not so good </b> (or interesting depending on who youe are):
Obvious young 18-25 year old prostitutes roamed the halls, at least 3 I seen, they were indeed attractive, but prostituion is ILLEGAL in Illinois for those of you who don't know. They would make strong eye contact, ask for a cigarette, "mistakenly" knock on your door, etc.

Loud sex in the room next to me, a least a 3 rounds (or three diff. people) went at it. But hey IT IS is motel and to be expected.

Overall OK for a single male or trucker on the road.....NOT ok for kids or nuns!!

Room Tip: Lastly, be SURE to check the wfi before booking at ANY hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were in Chicago for the night, and had driven around looking for hotels which were booked. At 2am, after visiting 6 sold out hotels, we came across this spot. The rate attracted us, AND THAT IS IT. We got in the room, and there was an awful smell, I was scared to walk barefoot, so I wore my flip flops everywhere in the room, EVEN IN THE SHOWER. I wanted an extra sheet, they don't provide that

I guess the owners of this place don't expect you to shower because THEY DON'T PROVIDE TOWELS!! I've never stayed at a hotel, motel or inn, that doesn't provide towels. After a long day in the sun, one should shower, so I guess they want you to air dry?!?

Room Tip: Go someplace else...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011 via mobile

Ok this place isn't the hilton but they are cheap and offer military discount which is hard to find around here. It is a work in process you can tell but that doesn't mean that the staff doesn't care oh no they make up for it in quality customer service all the way to housekeeping! Our room was spacy and comfortable and housekeeping actually does a great job cleaning just about everyday! A lot of the amenities listed are nor available one being the breakfast but that's ok! So this is a great place to stay especially from coming from the regency inn across the street and might I add they were the same price plus we got a discount!

• Stayed June 2011
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

I stayed here while traveling on business. We picked this place because it was twenty dollars cheaper than anywhere else in the area, and there was a reason. This place was grimy. Before I go into the gory details, I would like to say that the people working at the desk were extremely nice and helpful, some of the best I encountered in two months of travel, but the hotel itself leaves much to be desired. Our room had one working light in it, on the nightstand, but it was broken in such a way we had to lean it against the wall so that it wouldn't fall over. The room smelled terrible and we never quite figured out what it was. Behind the dresser was garbage that was fairly visible if anyone tried to look. One of the beds only had a duvet and a sheet, no middle blanket. Now to the bathroom. The light was so dim I could barely see, it looked like someone had put a small bulb from a ceiling fan into the overhead socket. The hot water didn't work, which was great in December outside of Chicago. To top that off, there was broken glass in the corners of the bathroom behind the toilet. We booked for two nights and we ended up getting a refund for the second night and staying at the comfort inn across the street. If I were you, I would spring the extra cash and go somewhere other than this.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to South Holland Inn? Share your experiences!