“A Real Bargain.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Skokie

You added Rodeway Inn Skokie to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Skokie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9333 Skokie Boulevard, Skokie, IL 60077 (Formerly Howard Johnson Hotel Skokie)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Skokie
Somerville, Massachusetts
“A Real Bargain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I travel to this area 2 - 3 times each year. Heretofore, I have always stayed at the Doubletree Hotel next door, which is a fine place. This time, because of a $50.00/day price difference, I decided to try this hotel (now called simply the Hotel Skokie as, I presume, it is no longer affiliated with the Comfort Inn brand). I really can't say that my stay here was much different from my previous stays at the Doubletree. Yes, the Doubletree is a bit more "posh," but my room here was about equally clean, quiet, and comfortable. This place also has a small indoor pool and fitness room The included breakfast is nothing to write home about; but it is free, so I don't think it should lose any points on that basis. I do miss the wonderful warm chocolate cookie that the Doubletree bestows on you the first night of your stay but, in my opinion, that cookie isn't worth the $50.00/night price difference. If they were the same price, I would probably choose the Doubletree, well, just because .... But considering the considerable price difference, I think the Hotel Skokie is definitely worth a try.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed there so many times. Very reasonable prices and very clean and comfy rooms. Staff is very helpful too. Its close to shopping mall and most of the good restaurants. I would go back there again

• Stayed October 2012
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a clean hotel with friendly staff. There is free wi fi, a computer to use in the lobby and free continental breakfast. The bed was comfortable. It is a good value and worked well for a short stay in Skokie.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here over Thanksgiving 2012. It is not posh, but very clean and well maintained. The room was dark and quiet 3 out of our 4 nights, and not too bad the night we had neighbors who talked all night. The pool is large and was nearly empty whenever we used it, although there are swim classes held there on weekdays. I am a sucker for that waffle breakfast, and considering the free the free breakfast, good location and reasonable rate, this place is a good choice.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are very quiet (not facing the parking lot).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Emmaus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is no longer a Comfort Inn, but rather is called the Skokie Inn. The room was nice but a bit on the small side. The bed was comfortable, and the room very clean. A good sized mini-fridge and microwave were included.

The breakfast was excellent, much better than we have experienced in most motels in this price range.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing Skokie Blvd. We were warned about this, and had a nice quiet room in the back...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The room was actually pretty nice. Water pressure in the shower is really the only thing I would complain about, as far as the actual room goes. There's a great breakfast on weekends, not sure about weekdays since I wasn't there.

However, the guy pounding on the door of the room next door at two in the morning yelling 'where's my money, give me money, get out here, get out here, get out here' for five minutes, then coming back five times and yelling it again would be the reason I would recommend NO ONE stay at this property. I don't know what was going on, but it sounded like a drug deal gone bad or something.

Also, the people in that room had about 6 kids with them who were loud, kicking walls, running up and down the hallways screaming, yelling to songs on their balcony. We called the front desk who called them twice but would do nothing more. Fortunately, the bratty kids went to the pool.

We have one more night in this hotel. I am going to speak to the manager in a few hours about the 2 a.m. door banging, see if we can possible get our room changed tonight. Hopefully we don't get shot tonight.

Also, when we got home at one, we weren't thrilled that there were ice chips all over the first and second floors.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel where people won't scream at your neighbors about money.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hartford, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We booked this hotel for the Chicago marathon about 3 weeks prior to the weekend. It was the closest we could get to Chicago. A few days before our arrival date, we received an email stating that the hotel was no longer a in the Choice Hotel family. We were concerned, but didn't really have an alternative. The hotel has seen better days. It is in need of an update, as well as a good thorough cleaning. Wallpaper is peeling, bathroom fixtures are worn, etc. In our room, we found a fresh piece of gum stuck to the carpeting and a few spent sunflower seeds sitting behind a chair. The pool area was roomy and nice, but again, the whole thing was a bit aged.

On the plus side, the bedding was clean and comfy. The hotel staff was helpful. It was also close to multiple restaurants and shopping.

I would not choose to stay here again, especially at the price that we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
BEST WESTERN University Plaza
Margarita European Inn
Margarita European Inn
#3 of 7 in Evanston
4.0 of 5 stars 50 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn Skokie? Share your experiences!