We were thrilled with our two nights in a Hampton Skokie king suite with whirlpool. The front desk and breakfast room staff went overboard to be hospitable, and the maids were friendly and accommodating. Everything was immaculate. The hot, complimentary breakfast was varied with plenty of healthy as well as indulgent items. (I haven’t found a hotel yet that has figured out how easy it would be to provide gluten-free bagels, muffins, or bread—and Hampton was no exception. Someday, I hope to be surprised when I ask a hotel about gluten-free breakfast options, but in the meantime, I have to bring my own carbs.) That said, I have to also say this hotel has the freshest premium fruit options of any I’ve ever seen. No melon in sight—yay! Succulent citrus slices, plump blueberries, big strawberries, pineapple slices, and even tropical mango slices. The hot egg and meat options were different on our two mornings, and my husband liked them.
Our suite was attractive and exceptionally comfortable, with many amenities. Here are just a few: full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, well-appointed mini-kitchen, ample whirlpool tub outside bathroom, which also had a tub and shower, comfy bed/pillows/duvet, front closet and bedroom closet with wooden hangers, including pants/skirt hangers. We relaxed on a couch to watch TV, cozied up to read in an armchair with our feet up on an ottoman, sat in a high-tech ergonomic desk chair for computer tasks at the desk, and ate meals on a roomy kitchen table. Even with all that furniture, our little apartment felt spacious. Our experience was reasonably quiet with only an occasional, brief sound of running water from another room. This Hampton is on a very busy expressway, but we heard no road noise. Our room faced west, and the expressway is to the east, so that might have helped, I don’t know.
The exercise room is top-notch with up-to-date models of treadmills, exercycles, and ellipticals with electronic hookups. There are free weights and an exercise ball, too. Like the rest of the hotel, everything in the exercise room is super-clean. And whatever they use to clean the surfaces and linens throughout the building does not have a fragrance, which we very much appreciated.
We give this Hampton Inn and Suites a rave review!!!
FYI There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant in this hotel building, but we did not eat there or order room service from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites is an eight story contemporary hotel featuring interior corridors, exercise facility, indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna. The interior design of the guest rooms are displayed with cherrywood furniture and contemporary fabrics for your comfort. The hotel features free high-speed internet access in all rooms and a new breakfast buffet which includes a variety of hot dishes. Connected to the hotel is Ruby Tuesday Restaurant which offers roomservice to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie Hotel Skokie
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
- Hampton Inn Skokie
- Skokie Hampton Inn