“Hosting an event at the Hampton Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Book Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Skokie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Hosting an event at the Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We invited some 50 guests for a family event at Hampton Inn and we were very pleased with the service, especially Meagan Hermanowicz's professional treatment, when we encountered some last-minute catering issues (which were not the hotel's fault). She was extremely helpful and very accommodating, and the event turned out to be a big success.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear mayasdad617,

Thank you for your feedback. I've shared your comments with Meagan & the rest of our team. She very much enjoyed working with you as well!

We look forward to assisting you again with your event needs. Enjoy the upcoming holidays!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was booked at the Skokie Hampton for Saturday night, had a speaking engagement the next afternoon and even had a cab standing by outside of the venue to take me to O'Hare. But then United cancelled my flight ahead of the storm. Amtrack subsequently cancelled my train reservation and Alamo, not to be left out, cancelled my rental car. So I was stuck. Well, let me just say that if you are going to get stranded somewhere, this Hampton Inn comes highly recommended. Comfortable, friendly, sympathetic, it wasn't home but it had that feel. Meanwhile, at my real home they were without: electricity, heat and water. I felt bad ordering room service fromRuby Tuesday (in the hotel!) but was determined not to starve to death. The Ben & Jerry's available at the kiosk next to reception helped ensure that that did not happen. I probably gained five lbs. During my three day stay. And got some Christmas shopping at the (Westfield?) Mall just next door, using Hampton Inn's free shuttle. Even slipped in an afternoon at Chicago's amazing Art Institute before going to the airport Tuesday. So thank you Hampton Inn, THIS Hampton Inn. You made my dilemma into a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear mastdis,

First and foremost, we hope everyone back home is safe and sound. We're glad to have provided you with a home away from home feeling during the storm.

If there is anything we can do to make your future stay even more comfortable, please let us know.

North Liberty, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have a group of people that travel to an away college football game every year. This year we were traveling to see a game at Northwestern. We had about 20 rooms and rented a meeting room as well. The hotel was exceptionally clean, the hot breakfast was terrific, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our expectations were exceeded in nearly every part of our stay. We stay at hotels throughout the Big Ten Conference and this is definitely one of the favorites of the group.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings, 96Hawk!

Thanks for a great review. We're glad to be one of your group favorites! We enjoyed having all of you as our guests and look forward to welcoming you back the next time the Hawkeyes play the Wildcats.

Safe travels and enjoy the rest of the year!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I agree with the majority of the posts here. This hotel is a bit more than other Hamptons but well worth it. We spent the weekend here while visiting our daughter at Northwestern. Not a far drive at all to campus and no parking fees, great breakfast but the thing that struck me was as soon as I opened our guestroom door I could SMELL the clean, white linens. Let me tell you this is the first time I've ever had an experience like that!!! Ahhhhh.... The bathroom was spotless, the room (although faced the highway) was almost sound proof. The hotel was full the weekend we stayed yet I didn't hear anyone above, beside or even in the hall the majority of the time we were in the hotel. I hightly recommend this place and will be back during the course of our next 4 years!!! We didn't take advantage of the pool or sauna but based on the cleanliness of the overall hotel grounds and our room, we are packing suits for the next visit! Kudos to this Hilton property, management and service team!

Room Tip: Based on what we experienced I'd say you have no problems with whatever room you get. We faced...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear AJ5383,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We're glad to have the honor of presenting you with clean & comfortable surroundings! These attributes certainly help for a good night's sleep.

We're grateful for your business and look forward to serving you & your family for years to come.

Go Cats!

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night before heading to Chicago the next day. While this location was more expensive them many Hamptons it turned out to be one of the nicest Hamptons I've stayed at. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. Cookies and lemonade were offered as I checked in. Very nice common area at the front of the hotel. Several elevators! This was wonderful as this is a large hotel and there was never a very long wait. We dined next door at Ruby Tuesdays and had good food/service. Ruby Tuesdays is adjacent and attached to the hotel but is independantly owned and operated.

The beds and pillows at this location seemed a bit more upgraded then most other Hamptons. Very comfortable. Breakfast had a good selection and even though the hotel was large with many guests the food items were kept well stocked during my breakfast dining. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and the hotel as well as the staff and would recommend this location and stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings, pbUSA!

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We're glad that you found our Hampton to be one of the nicest you've stayed at. As nice as some of the other Hamptons are throughout the country, we take that as a huge compliment!

Please connect with us when your travels bring you back to Chicago's North Shore. We'd love the opportunity to serve you again in the future and earn your fifth star!

Safe travels,

Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hampton Inn in Skokie is a typical Hampton Inn but a little better :) The hotel has obviously been recently renovated. The aircon is quiet, the beds really comfortable and the breakfast had just a little bit more variety than other Hamptons i've stayed in (and I stay in them quite often in my business travels), which made the whole stay really comfortable. I'm from overseas so i'm always jetlagged on the first days of any business trip and wake up early in the morning. At 5:30 am on the first morning, something went wrong with the toilet in my room - okay, these things happen. But the good news was that I picked up the phone and within less than 3 minutes someone was up, remedied the situation and when the maintenance man came at 6:30 am, as they had promised (and asked permission to call) he called me up and asked if I'd mind if he came up to make sure all was ok. (and btw, I've stayed at 6 star hotels who have made me wait until 8 am to fix a problem and had me shower in the fitness room!) So I was really pleased by how fast they dealt with the issue. It was a really pleasant stay and i'd recommend this hotel to everybody who needs to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Feld,

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad that although you experienced a hiccup in your bathroom, our maintenance team member was able to resolve it quickly and in a manner that exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights in October to visit our son who lives in Chicago. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff was very welcoming, and always seemed to be cleaning throughout the hotel. The breakfast buffet was constantly being filled and it was a very busy weekend for them, the food was good and choices were varied. The public areas are so very comfortable and they offer hot beverages 24 hours, We have stayed in many hotels in and around Chicago, this hotel has earned all of our repeat business.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor, very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greetings, EmptyNestMichigan!

Thank you for a great review! Our entire team is grateful to have earned all of your future stays when traveling to Chicago's North Shore.

We look forward to serving you & your family again soon! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!