“Was more then pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Book Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Skokie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Was more then pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I come to Chicago for work a lot and my normal hotel was booked up. My colleague reccomended this hotel and I am super glad she did, I will stay here from now on. I checked in late on Sunday and the woman was super nice and friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. The free breakfast in the morning is plentiful and the ladies who run it are awesome as well - very nice and chatty is a pleasant way for someone who is not a morning person! They made me smile. They also have breakfast brown bags for those on the run. The rooms are very clean, and the one kingsize bedroom that I had was spacious. The Ruby Tuesdays which is connected to the hotel was actually a good addition and had excellent deals. I am not normally a Ruby Tuesday person but I did enjoy my time at this one. In short, I really liked staying here and will now switch all my Chicago work trip stays to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Greetings, LondonCake! Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are grateful for the colleague who recommended us and even more thankful to have earned your business.

Safe travels from all of us at Hampton Skokie!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Twin Cities
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was our first time at this hotel and we'll definitely be back. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Pat in the breakfast area. She seems to know all hotel guests by name and was a pleasure to converse with every morning! We did have an issue with our room but the staff resolved this with no hesitation. (There was some sticky substance in various spots on the carpeting. When I advised the front counter staff of this issue, they offered to either clean the carpet right away for us or to move us to another room. I chose to just switch rooms). One of the best things about this hotel is it has free shuttle service to and from the Skokie L train station so you can easily get to and from the downtown Chicago area on the train (you'll have to transfer to another train or two depending on where downtown you want to go, but that's not hard. We find it fun to ride the train while visiting the Chicago area). There are also plenty of shops and things to do very close to the hotel as well. There's a big mall right across the street from the hotel, as well as several restaurants nearby. And what was really great for us as well was the fact that there's a bike trail and nature area within one mile of the hotel. Though we had our bikes with us, we didn't ride the trail during this trip but will definitely plan to do so on our next trip (we spent most of our time at the museums and attractions in downtown Chicago during our 4 day stay here this time). We'd definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Hello, BNJ235! Thanks for a great review. I have shared your comments with our team and gave special kudos to Pat & our front desk staff. We look forward to welcoming you back! I'm sure you'll enjoy the trail at Harms Woods next time you're in town. Let us know if we can assist with your future stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had not planned on staying in a motel for this trip. But Mother Nature thought otherwise. The conditions on the Edens Expressway were deteriorating fast. While traffic was stopped I was able to locate hotel and call regarding rooms. I was asked if I was coming in due to the storm and was offered a rate of $69. How smart is that! The king room was clean, updated and comfortable. The breakfast was OK- the powdered eggs gotta go though. Otherwise all was great. And you may want a roomaway from the Edens. Kudos to the snow plow job - the parking lot was down to black top by AM.

• Stayed January 2012
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Fortyplusoutayear,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We're glad you were able to take advantage of a great deal on a not-so-great day!

I've shared your review with our team. Various items within our hotel, especially food items, change as we find better products. While our eggs are not made out of powder, we are relaying your feedback to Hampton's quality assurance team to find better tasting products our guests will enjoy. We hope to have new items available on your next stay! Take care.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

During one stay, the electricity in the building went down and staff didn't communicate to guests about cause or estimated delays, etc., and two hours later, they lost a lot of bookings with shouting in lobby by irate guests, etc.; that got a little ugly to witness. Another time, other guests wer having a party in the next room past 2 a.m. and I couldn't get staff to address it, though they acknowledged it was definitely an unreasonable noise level, so I got dressed, packed up again, and switched rooms (later given complimentary room in apology). Overall, however, this is a good hotel. It's more expensive this year due to recent upgrades. Suites are nice and spacious, beds comfortable, and pool reasonably warm and clean. Third party restaurant on site. Free breakfast is good quality for serve-yourself buffet and overall, staff is friendly on arrival and departure and in the kitchen area. I would recommend it. Free parking is great, too.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear JoJoGlynn,

We appreciate your feedback. The terrible storm that knocked out electricity of almost a million residents in the Chicagoland area is hard to forget; it was certainly an eventful day! We hope none of us ever have to experience that again.

While we have a strict policy in place to minimize loud group gatherings in our guest rooms, such events can still take place. Rest assured however that we do our best to eliminate such inconveniences to allow other guests to have a good night's rest. We look forward to providing you with more comfortable accommodations next time you're in town.

Happy new year from all of us here at Hampton!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

After checking out during a recently stay I realized that I had lost $300 in cash. It was already about 2 hours after I checked out of the hotel but I called the hotel to see if maybe I had left the money in my room. I told the guy who answered the phone that I think I lost $300 either in the parking lot or in my room. He asked for my room number and went and checked the room. I honestly didn't think I was going to recover this money because it would be so easy for someone to pocket. Finders keepers... but to my surprise the guy who took my call named Chris came back and said that he had found the money and he could put it in the safe till I could come pick it up. All that said to say the staff here, at least that one manager named Chris, is extremely honest. I think this speaks very highly of his character and hopefully the character and culture of the staff at this Hampton inn.

The hotel room was also very clean, room service was great and my wife loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year, Matt! We're fortunate to have teammates like Chris and grateful for guests like you who take the time to acknowledge a good deed.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

If you are looking for suites for a family stay, I would highly recommend this hotel. All areas of the hotel and the room were clean and in good working order, we never felt rushed out of the room by housekeeping, and all the staff was very professional and friendly. You can get a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette at a very competitive rate and enjoy all the amenities to make your trip enjoyable (including pool, large workout room, guest laundry, and complimentary continental breakfast). The staff did a wonderful job keeping up with the morning crowd at breakfast and the food was surprisingly good.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and 6 have guest laundry.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello, 6TXTravelers! We're glad your family enjoyed our suite accommodations. Your travel plans should never be complicated; it's great to see that you've found it easy to stay with us!

Happy New Year to you & your family. We look forward to welcoming all of you again soon!
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice in August with our kids.
We took the largest suite available to sleep all 6 of us. It was very crowded but we wanted to save the money of renting another room. We placed the extra matresses on the floor so that all kids slept on the living room floor. It would have been nicer if we had a second bathroom but this hotel did not have this accomodation nor did any in the area. The hotel facilities are less than average, but I was not expecting much in lieu of the price I paid ($188+tax). Breakfast: What is missing is healthy food - there is still much too much junk food served.
Fresh fruit and cereal is available along with a waffle machine toast eggs (from powder), other hot food (fatty stuff),
The computers in the lobby: only 3 units available and they are very very slow. A printer is also connected to them. In general WIFI is very very slow.
Connected to the hotel is a restaraunt which was very over priced. Local use many coupon deals making it a bit more financialy attractive. The food wasn't too bad.
Fitness room: very sparce very little equipment not everything was working - the treadmill was broken.
Swimming pool: indoors - very small not for doing laps, just splashing around. The water was not warm enough.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room that is not facing Edens Expressway - it is quite noisey.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!