“Great Hotel for Business Meetings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9599 Skokie Boulevard, Skokie, IL 60077 (Formerly North Shore Skokie Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Special
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Skokie
Miami, United States
“Great Hotel for Business Meetings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree recently for a business conference, and overall it was clean, efficient, and well suited for business meetings. The restaurant seemed overwhelmed, which is strange considering how many conferences the hotel must host a year, but I had an overall good experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Mauri,

Thank you for your review! With our IACC approved Executive Meeting Center we are the perfect place for meetings! I'm glad you found us to be clean, efficient and well equipped. We appreciate the business of you and your company and hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's a happening hotel with plenty of activity and with a great location to points north and east to Skokie. The double rooms were a little cramped with a Pack & Play. Take care in the shower as the shower curtain may not contain the water. If you're there at the right time, the value is even greater!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm glad you found us to be a good value and location for your trip to Skokie. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.
Menasha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place needs a major face lift! The carpets are old and tacky from too much wear and tear - I wouldn't be surprised if it's the original carpeting from way back when. The rooms have a stingy odor; the water DOES NOT get hot unless you "force" it past the H (hot) in the shower and the beds are horrible! We usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns but thought we would "upgrade" to a Doubletree. I do not recommend this

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. I do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience. We take comments from our guests very seriously and use them to improve our service and our product at every turn. The problems you mentioned in your room are not common in our hotel and I can assure you that we work to quickly address any issues that come up. I hope you will return in the future and give us another chance to impress you. I definitely think we are an upgrade from the Hilton Garden Inn and hope to prove it to you through our exceptional service and accommodations!
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

MY experience with the Doubletree met my expectations. The room was fine, nothing exception, even in a Jr Suite. The only paper I could get was a USA Today or Wall Street Journal, not the The Chicago Times. The breakfast, even though we only had the cold portion was slim at best. I did not expect 5 Star and after reading reviews I expected a three star plus experienc e

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. While I am glad that we met your expectations, I truly wish we would have exceeded them! This year we have an exciting upgrade to all of our suites planned as well as some other noticeable upgrades in the works. I do hope you will return in the future and experience the finished product. We strive to deliver 5 star service and will continue to work towards exceeding your expectations in the future.
Winchester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The check-in experience at this hotel was wonderful. The process was quick and I was provided a complimentary glass of red wine. When I departed the next day, there was extreme rain and flooding in the area. I was provided a complimentary umbrella, and a hotel staff member helped me find alternate routes to my next destination in order to avoid the worst of the flooding and road closings.

Hi Beth,

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are pleased to offer our complimentary Wine Hour Monday thru Thursday as one of our guests' favorite amenities. We have had a rainy April, and I'm glad our desk was so helpful with directions and use of one of our umbrellas. We try to anticipate the needs of our guests and we truly get joy out of making someone's day a little nicer or easier. We value you as our guest and hope that you will return soon to the DoubleTree Chicago North Shore!
Brownfield, Maine, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Upon check in the hotel looked great and the staff was wonderful. However, the room we were in was worn out. It smelled of stale smoke, and you could see burn holes in the carpet. The sign on the wall as you left the elevator said "Non-Smoking"...ooooops. The bathroom was so small you needed to move to shut the door before using the toilet. For the rate of the rooms at this property one would expect to at least get a full/queen sized bed, not a DOUBLE. The water bottles in the room had a $3 tag on them (kinda tacky) and they didn't provide free coffee in the lobby although they did have a free cocktail hour. The cookies are a nice touch and the staff were kind and helpful. We didn't get an opportunity to change rooms due to the leaving early and arriving late. We were traveling with an 8 year old and it was too much to move around early in the morning or late at night. We kept the window of the room open as much as possible. I am sure if we had brought it to the desk agents attention the smelly room would have been remedied. We have stayed at another chain that are a bit less money and include a bigger newer room, queen beds, coffee, and breakfast. We will probably stay loyal to them whenever possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the DoubleTree cookies and our complimentary Wine Hour. I'm very sorry that the odor in your room was unpleasant, that is certainly not common and I wish we could have fixed the problem while you were here! I do hope you will return again so that we can accommodate you with a fresh and clean room that is our normal standard. Again, thank you for your comments as feedback from our guests help us continue to improve. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed the the Doubletree Hotel Chicago North Shore in April 2013, and had a great stay from my arrival to departure. The staff is friendly, approachable and professional. The manager hosts a wine hour from 5:50 to 6:30pm Monday through Thursday. The restaurant is Jameson's Charthouse, a local steak house, which is very good. Next time I am in this area, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I'm so glad you had a great stay and took the time to let others know about it. We truly appreciate your business and your comments and hope to see you back at the DoubleTree Chicago North Shore soon!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!