“A stay cation for family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)

You added Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 West Touhy Ave, Skokie, IL 60077   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Skokie
Illinois
“A stay cation for family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I live 15 minutes from this holiday inn and the other family members all live within about 1 hour.

We spent 2 nights last week end at the hotel. 4 kids and 4 adults and we had the most wonderful time. Adnan, the manager was great and the hotel is spotless. We commented that we could have been at a resort somewhere on an island. The pool and hot tub are in an atrium, open to light and a patio dining area.

Except for lunch we ate all meals and happy hour at the bar Louie restaurant in the hotel. Servers were the best. That is saying a lot with 2 nine year old girls and a 2 and 4 year old boy cousins.

During the day we visited a fabulous county aquatics park/pool (10 minutes away) with terrific amenities for kids including the 2 and 4 year olds. We swam at the hotel before breakfast, before and after dinner.

Why didn't we think of this before? If you are in the Chicago land area, the Holiday Inn Chicago north shore Skokie is a wonderful respite and a perfect stay cation or vacation if you are visiting.

Thanks to Adnan and his staff. Ann Rainey

Room Tip: Over the pool if you have kids
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Room noisy, air conditioner leaks and sounds like a jumbo jet on take off! Room stinks of chlorine - not happy!!
Taxi cost $45 from city so not at all convenient - Internet average.
Pub was ok and food was average.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear 100Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the food selection.

However, We’re sorry about the air conditioning and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palatine IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently attended a very large wedding and reception at the Holiday Inn in Skokie, Illinois. The food, entertainment and service were very good. What impressed me most was the care of the staff. I lost my bracelet, with sentimental value, at the event. The wait staff graciously introduced me to the Service Manager Mike, who indicated that they would look for it. The next day they contacted me to say they had not found it. Several weeks later, however, Mike contacted me again. They had kept my contact info, found the bracelet and shipped it back to me. I really appreciated their care and follow through!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stay on a regular basis at this hotel and the staff cannot do enough for me. There are occasionally glitches which happen in all large hotels but once notified the hotel responds quickly and professionally. Linda on reception books my room and she always has it in the location I prefer for a good night's sleep. The bar was extended a few years back and now is as good as any in a hotel locally. Reasonable food selection and great selection of local beers. Why am I writing this report? To thank Linda and the team for their good service over the years as I know they read these reviews.

Room Tip: Can be noisy on the front of the hotel due to constant traffic
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very professional and friendly staff throughout the hotel. the bar and restaurant had reasonable prices and food was great.
I had inadvertently left my blackberry phone charging by TV and forgot it when checking out early in morning. I called from atlanta airport on way home and front desk held it... for my friend to pick up and mail to me.

Thank You!

Room Tip: rooms were nice and quiet
Chicago, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great location right off the Highway. Staff was excellent and food was good. Soft pretzels and cookies were fantastic. VIP dinner was Awesome. Nice cuts of meat and a wide variety of food. Big Screen TV in Lobby for Blackhawks playoff game. Free parking and lots of places nearby to eat. I wish more Chicago area seminars used this place.

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 children in April & only had 2 requirements-an indoor pool & whirlpool, as we were doing a nearby "cold weather getaway". I called the hotel directly to make sure that they actually had a pool & whirlpool so I thought I was covered....wrong! After check-in we walked toward our room & saw a maintenance man mortaring an empty whirlpool. Needless to say I was furious, and confronted the front desk who was completely unaware this was going on??!! However, I was upset enough that they offered to give me enough reward points on my member card to come back for a free night another time. Well, OK I thought. That seems fair. Yeah, that was a complete lie. Points never given, motel claims they submitted them & to contact the points program as it can take 30-60 days for them to show up. Points program says that is a lie-talk to the hotel. Hotel management doesn't return my calls. Emailed corporate with the whole story. They respond more than 2 weeks later with "the hotel needs to handle this directly. They will contact you within 48hrs. Sure. Four days later I contact corporate again & tell them I no longer want to play this game & simply want a refund as I no longer am interested in staying at their motel again based on their lack of customer service. "Jeffrey" tells me my situation doesn't warrant a refund, but he can authorize $50 back. I say, are you kidding? You have such an unhappy customer & that's your solution? $50 & no empathy or apology for how frustrated I am? Ready for his response...."Well you already said you aren't gonna BE a customer anymore, so I think that's pretty fair to even offer you $50. After all, you did have a room to stay in!!!!" HOW is this company in business?? I asked to escalate to upper management SEVERAL times with various service reps during my multiple calls over 2 months and all kept me from getting past them by leaving me on hold or saying there was no one else to speak to. WOW Hope no one else patronizes this crappy organization. This was soooo unacceptable and unnecessary. This should have been a no brainer for ANY customer service group.

Room Tip: A good room is anywhere but at a Holiday Inn
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sandra G,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Skokie.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!