The hotel was very good. I liked the facilities in the rather large room. The staff were courteous and the "Cupboard" honor system snack store on site is a super idea. The price was right and I bought a 5-day visitor's CTA (travel) pass that I used from the O'Hare subway stop into downtown. (about 45 minutes after a ten-minute shuttle ride to the airport.)
The only dark spot on this trip was, for the third time in recent travels, the reception clerk tried to re-charge me for the stay, which I had booked and already paid for as a package deal through Cheaptickets. Since the other two times, (one a Cheaptickets experience, the other a Hotwire experience) I now deliberately give the reception clerk a credit card with a very small amount on it, so that they have to tell me that the charge is declined should they attempt to re-charge me.
Be careful if you use these discount companies. It wasn't until I actually was on hold with Cheaptickets in the lobby of the hotel that the hotel clerk "found" my receipt. Had there been a higher limit on my card, or had I not insisted that I had already paid and that I could prove it, they would have charged me an extra $472. Try getting that back after you've checked out.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel Schiller Park
- Candlewood Suites Schiller Park
- Candlewood Schiller Park
- Schiller Park Candlewood Suites
- Schiller Park Candlewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection at the Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare, an extended stay hotel, offering apartment-like studio and one-bedroom suites, similar to corporate housing. Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, puts the amenities where they really count: in your room. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our High Speed Internet. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy CD's and movies from our free library. Unwind in our fitness center, while using our free guest laundry, or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Located only 2 miles from O'Hare Airport we offer free shuttle transportation. We are conveniently located off I-294, only 12 miles from downtown Chicago. Visit Wrigley Field or Soldier Field. McCormick Place and Navy Pier are only a short drive away. If you have a chance to enjoy some free time make sure to visit the Allstate Arena or Rosemont Theatre. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are only minutes away. We value your privacy, therefore, we provide weekly housekeeping. Whether you are staying for business, pleasure, or relocation, Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare is ready to serve you! Consider us home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.