“Excellent hotel for business or pre-/post O'Hare flights...great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Michigan
“Excellent hotel for business or pre-/post O'Hare flights...great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Although it is very close to O'Hare and a major highway I did not hear ANY road or airport noise at all. The separate bedroom/living room/kitchen suite was very clean and spacious with all the needed appliances/utensils/dishes, etc. It has a very large desk/table. Excellent for business use. Friendly staff. An industrial/airport-related area with no close stores or restaurants but they do offer room delivery or a restaurant shuttle. You just need to plan accordingly. No breakfast. Free wifi. I was here for a business trip but I will definitely use this hotel again in the future for not only business trips but also as a place to stay before or after a flight from O'Hare.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra to get the 1 bedroom suite. Great space/value for the extra money. Window ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CHIMROpsMgr, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear JMJ, thanks so much for takign the time to share your experience with the world! We are honored you chose to stay with us and delighted you found all the space and cleanliness you desired in your suite! We can't wait to see you during your next trip out of O'Hare. Happy travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Calumet, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great place. Clean everything. 15 minute shuttle from airport. Great accommodating staff. No convenient bar or restaurant other than Subway next door. However free shuttle to wonderful restaurant 10 minute ride. Very good value. Will stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CHIMROpsMgr, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Dennis,
Thank you kindly for the nice review you left for us. We appreciate your feedback very much and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We're also glad you took advantage of our shuttle service to The Great Escape - one of our favorite local restaurant experiences! We hope to see you again soon,
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Due to flight schedule, I need a quick layover in O'Hare.Airport. I was looking for a low-cost hotel near O'Hare airport but not noisy. Although Candlewood generally provides a good value, I was especially impressed with this one.

According to the sign outside, the hotel has just renovated so everything, both exterior and interior, looks new. The room is spacious with a full-size refrigerator, microwave oven, dishwasher, range with two burners, a 40-inch TV, and a, surprisingly, VCR-DVD player in the room. A pack of popcorn and coffee, cups plates, forks, knives and a cutting board all provided, Nice bench extension for both work and eat. It will be also good for a family stay. There is also a good size bathroom but the amenity is a bare-bone minimum, a tube of shampoo-conditioner and two soap bars, that actually reminds you it is a upgraded motel.

This site also have coin laundry with six washers and six dryers. There is a small kiosk accessed by room keys offering detergents, snacks, and some macaroni-n-cheese type of food packages. There is also a small gym, with five machines, next to the laundry room. Not fancy but the equipment are not bad.

The quality of the bed is very good, you would appreciate it even if you were on the "flatbed" over the Atlantic. There are four pillows, but I felt they were a bit too soft for me.

One thing worth mentioning is you'd better stay with the hotels offering airport pick up when you are in O'Hare. When I arrived, the weather was not good and there was a long queue for taxis. This hotel is located about 12~15 minutes ride, but you need to call in to find out the shuttle status. My check-in and check-out processes were quick and easy and the clerks were very friendly and nice. . .

Room Tip: High floors are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mitch,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Candlewood Suites O'Hare! Your pictures look great! We're happy to hear you found our location and suites convenient for your unexpected layover. We have renovated and hired an all-star staff in the last year and are glad these haven't gone unnoticed. Until we meet again, safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Pros: I have lived in all kinds of hotels, the best and the worst. This is a really nice place for the price. We lived here for over a month. I love the fact that it has a nice kitchen with all the utensils and dish wear. I love the fact that there is a living area separate from the bedroom and that each has its own TV. The staff is very nice. There is a small store, FREE laundry and a nice gym. It is very quite and we couldn't hear anyone during our stay. They have a free shuttle to the airport 24/7 and they have free grocery runs 2-3 times a week. For the price, they have a lot of amenities!!
Cons: the pots and pans are very thin so unless you are boiling something, you will burn your food. The rooms are cleaned only once a week and instead of paper towels, it looked like the cleaning lady was using the same hand towels that they give the guests to clean the kitchen/ bathroom. Also, no breakfast. The internet works fine, but its hard to skype or watch a video.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Vandy,
Thank you very much for your thorough review of our property! It looks like you enjoyed all of our comforts of home during your trip! We hope you'll be back as our guest again soon. Take care,
FRASER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Decent Hotel close to the Airport. Clean and Neat. When I first walked in the room it had the updated newer décor however upon closer inspection the Leather Recliner was cracked and needed to be replaced and some of the tables were chipped in spots. If it was replaced it was older and the refrigerator didn't match. Maybe they weren't completely done yet? Overall the room was nice and well kept and clean. If your a Casino Buff The River Casino is less than 15 minutes from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the back wall away facing the rear of the hotel so your off Manheim the main road...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom,
Thanks so much for your review of Candlewood Suites O'Hare. I hope all of our travelers find your tips helpful and come experience the same great cleanliness and service you found in our hotel. Safe travels!
peosta, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nice and comfy suite with full kitchen. Friendly and helpful staff. After a 4 hour drive it was nice to relax in the comfort of this hotel and get a great nights sleep before flying out the next mourning on our winter vacation. The shuttle took us right to our departure terminal at the airport and was there to pick us up when we returned. All we had to do was clear off a foot of snow and drive home.

Room Tip: You can bring your own food and prepare it in your room or they have a store open 24 hours in the lo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your February stay - we're glad you found our Park & Fly package convenient for your trip out of O'Hare. A great night's sleep and top-notch customer service are even more important in our eyes and we're happy to deliver both to our guests! Take care,
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here 3 nights Feb 7th-10th 2014....Room was spacious enough for the two of us, very clean. I liked that the kitchen came complete with a stovetop, pots, pans, table setting for 4, full fridge and even a dishwasher and dish soap...The hotel was really quiet which I loved..unlike the last I stayed I didn't hear people in the next rooms or kids running down the halls..actually we didn't hear much of anything...I liked the 24hr pantry and the "business center"..although the printer didn't work when I was there and I couldn't print out my boarding pass..but Manny at the front desk was really nice and tried to help me get in printed more than once..He finally ended up printing it for me at the front desk..I thought that was really nice..I know some would have left it at "the printers not working"...The guy that checked us in Travis was also really nice and greeted us anytime he saw us in passing...The beds were comfortable enough for a good nights sleep and good pillows too..and the wi-fi worked pretty good on my laptop

What I didn't like:
There were extra charges to my card that I wasn't told about upon check-in. I checked my account later that night and noticed it and called down to the front desk to inquire about the charges...That's when I was told about the taxes not added on by booking.com and the hold put on by the hotel for incidentals...I just think this should have been explained at check-in...I also didn't like the fact that when I called to the front desk I was left on hold for over 10mins..I lost count after that..I put the phone on speaker and started eating and only remembered I was on hold when I heard someone speaking..I understand they may get busy down there but at least click back in and offer to call back up to my room when available or ask if I wanted to continue to hold..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Mimi R.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay. I apologize about being put on hold for so long, as the front desk agent should have offered to call you back. I will pass this along to the Front Desk Manager. Again thank you and we hope to see you when you're back in the area!

Best,
Katie Teele
Sales Coordinator

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!