“POOR MANAGEMENT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park

Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park
You added Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park to your Saves list
Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9408 West Lawrence Avenue, I-90 at River Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Nashville
“POOR MANAGEMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We arrived and was immediately asked if we had reservations. We said yes and was told to hang on. We gave info and then was told they had no rooms available. We told them we had made reservations two months prior and was told that makes no difference it was a holiday weekend to which we replied YES that's why we made them two months IN ADVANCE. The lady was VERY RUDE and very unprofessional. We told her we were calling the corp office and started walking outside she called us back in and "magically" found us a room. We later found out that She was the manager "SONJA" we couldn't tell because she was not wearing a name tag and was wearing a smock like one of the housekeepers. The next four people that came in behind us had the same exact problem, reservations and no room. They even called the police on one guy because he came from Canada and was not happy. They had people LIVING at this hotel and the children were running around at ten o clock at night yelling and screaming from the second floor. One night a fight between two women broke out in front of our room Never again will we stay here

Room Tip: five miles from airport. Aircraft flying low all day and night.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sure the rooms aren't huge, and they lack certain amenities such as ironing boards and hair dryers, but it's only a mile from the convention and theater areas up the road, and at a quarter of the price of the hotels closer in, I'm not going to complain. The desk clerk was friendly and the room was clean and freshly painted. The chair was a bit old and wobbly, but the bed was surprisingly comfortable. Plus, as a smoker in a state that bans smoking in hotels, finding a place with smoking rooms was a definate bonus. The only reason that I'm not giving them a perfect score is because of the difficulty I had getting to my room from the parking lot. When they plowed it, instead of pushing the snow to the back of the lot, where there was ample space not being used, they pushed it into an unscalable wall of ice separating the lot from the first floor rooms. The only way past it was to carry my luggage all the way to the end of the building, leading to a sidewalk that was never shoveled. Just a very icy footpath worn into the mound of snow. If it wasn't for that lapse in simple property maintenance, I would say that this is the perfect place for those attending conventions or traveling to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the third party room service menu in the room, there's a Denny's right...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Alanya, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The hotel location in a very nice place.
Housekeeping and front office was very friendly.
But SPA never again.bad business
very dirty, Broken, bad, moldy for the hotel does not look good.
It's a great pity!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After my first horrific stay here, we emded uo needing to check back in following a disastrous turn of events. I was beside myselfbat the thiught of it, but we got a different room and it was across the board okay. I'd stay in that room again if I needed somewhere in that area to spend the night.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mainz, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for three days. Towels and toilet paper wasn't refreshed on the first day.

The staff was somewhat rude while checking in, seemed to me they are not used to non-native speakers what's somewhat surprising in a motel near an airport.

The property is dated but the rooms are clean. Most of the lights in our small room however didn't work.

The procedure for wireless LAN sucks. Upon check-in nobody asked if you need it. When you're in your room you figure out that it's 2,99 but you can't pay online by credit card, you have to have a code that most likely only the front desk can give you. Wasn't in the mood to figure this out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was very clean but smelled like smoke for a non-smoking room. They didn't have any other rooms to move us to. Overall I thought the room was fine for the price and location. The planes fly VERY low near the motel and are loud, though they did not keep me up at night and I tend to be a light sleeper.

The girl at the front desk was nice and gave us a good restaurant tip (tacos!).

Can't park in front of the rooms. Looked like Community Watch was out and about. Felt safe enough. Couldn't tell how the neighborhood appeared because it was very late when we got in but no one loitering etc.

Would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I must say I was very iffy about staying here after reading reviews here, but I Was very happy w my stay. Good staff, friendly manager , nice rooms. Anywhere else I would've paid double. Very satisfied guest

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Motel 6 Chicago O'Hare - Schiller Park? Share your experiences!