“Worth the return visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Kilmarnock
“Worth the return visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had stayed here on a visit four years ago and thought it worth a return visit. We were not disappointed - our room was clean and bright, our bed was comfy ( I was asleep in minutes) and the staff were friendly. I never heard them be anything else but helpful to guests.
The food on the breakfast buffet was basic but tasty and the nights that we dined in the hotel, the food was good value for money.
One drawback was that our room was next to the highway but the noise didn't bother us as we were usually too tired to notice when we were in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Petoskey, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were forced to stay here, when there was no other room within 20 miles of the airport, due to the airlines screwing up our flight. The carpets were stained, the bedroom and bathroom was so outdated, it had a "school type" toilet. It was strictly a place to lay our exhausted bodies, nothing more... Oh and it was $99.00 for this bed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were in Chicago for a quick weekend get away. Lalapalooza was this weekend and the hotels downtown were more astronomically expensive than usual. So we decided to stay out at O'Hare and take the 'L in to downtown. The hotel shuttle took us very kindly to me CTA stop and we boarded our train and made it just fine probably faster than driving downtown.

As for the room, it served its purpose. It was clean-actually the shower seemed new. Pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was ok-but we were saving up space for a big lunch anyway. My sour asked for change for the tolls and they didn't hesitate.

Issues: when we first arrived our key card would not work. My spouse went back 3 times, on the third time they gave us a new room and that card worked just fine.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarks Summit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter. The shuttle bus drivers I have to say were very nice and treated the passengers well. As for the hotel staff. Very disappointed. Not very welcoming. Everytime you asked a question they made you feel like you were asking too much. Came in a bit early and wanted to charge me extra $25 for early check in. So asked Edella if we could lock our bags somwhere which she was not happy about.Staff really need to have some kind of customer service training. I feel that good customer service makes a great impact on whether you would return or not. Hotel included free breakfast. Very limited food. Got there 25 mins before closing and only had waffles,cereal or fruit and they did not want to fill anything else up. The rooms were very basic. The hotel was near to the airport. Hotel did have it's own restaurant, but nowhere close by to go.This hotel was way overpriced for a 2 star even.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed one night here at the beginning of my summer vacation. I was flying out of O'Hare early the next morning. The cost which was around $100 included 14 days of parking. Make reservations at http://ohare.parksleepfly.com/ I arrived late on a Friday night after dark. I was directed after checking in to park my car in area behind the hotel building and if it was full just park along the wall. I was hoping to park my car in a spot where it wouldn't be moved. You are asked to leave your keys to the car with the front desk while you are gone. The room was fine -- not dirty, not immaculate but certainly fine for the one night I was there and perhaps outdated but clean. The shuttle to the airport in the morning I had to wait about 20 minutes for but was told that upon check-in. They give you a piece of paper with the information to call for pick-up when you return. I can see how some people have confusion when arriving because the van does not say Quality Inn, it says Avistar. When returning 2 weeks later, I waited where I was told (the directions are on the paper). O'Hare is a big airport and it was a bit of walking to the Bus/Shuttle area but once out there, I looked for an Avistar bus and it was there relatively quickl. Even with the directions on paper, it took a little bit of discovery to actually find the area to go for the shuttle. If coming in during traffic hours, I would plan for extra time as we were stuck in traffic just getting out of the airport for about 20 - 30 minutes. My car had been moved to a location other than where I had parked it which I had expected but the front desk clerk didn't say anything about where the car was -- just handed me my keys. Fortunately, I saw the car when arriving on the shuttle. The car was fine. This hotel served it's purpose for a place to stay and then leave my car, I might try other hotels next time if needed. So all in all, it was a good value for room and parking having not really used the hotel for anything other than that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Don't bother staying here rooms are dirty they smell like mold! The service is horrible breakfast is a disaster! We went to breakfast the lady cleaning was angry about everything started yelling at people who tried to take their food. She locked the door and wouldn't let people in. This hotel is horrible!
The bathroom ceiling was caving in looked like the bathtub overflowed upstairs to our bathroom.

• Stayed July 2012
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I commute in for a trip. This hotel is old but VERY clean. This hotel is a two story hotel. However, it doesn't have an elevator. The restaurant is good. They're open late and open for breakfast. Breakfast is a continental breakfast with waffles.

Room Tip: The hotel is 2 story hotel. However, it does not have an elevator.