“Misc bad experience @ Q Inn” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Schiller Park
Bakersfield, California
“Misc bad experience @ Q Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I will never reserve a room @ this Quality Inn/Schiller Park @ O'Hare Airport ever again! After landing @ O'Hare @ 10:15 p.m. Wednesday 6/5/2013, checked my Quality Inn info sheet - got to shuttle area by 10:30 - was 58 degrees, just celebrated my 70th (the new "50!!") birthday, was in my shorts, golf shirt & sneakers, had an arthritis-plagued right knee and subsequenly did not see any "Quality Inn" shuttles. Made 2 phone calls to the Q Inn (got voicemail both times!!!) & finally got thru on my 3rd call; was told "oh you have to catch Avistar Shuttle/Quality Inn." Soon saw Holiday Inn, Radisson, Hampton Inn and many other shuttles go by & it became obvious i missed two A. Shuttles which were not marked "Quality Inn." Hung up and soon found an A. Shuttle just leaving (by now it was 11:45, and i was getting colder!). Aboard, i soon checked in @ Q Inn, explaining i had a bum knee/was carrying 2 large pieces of luggage. They still put me in #253 upstairs (no elevators!) and way down to the other end of the building! Assistant clerk was also mad @ me because i said "the dirtbag who answered the phone was snotty to me when telling me it was Avistar shuttle"......he replied "I'm not a dirtbag!" I said, "i was not referring to you directly, just whoever answered the phone." He wanted me to leave, find another hotel while the main clerk took my VISA card and gave me keys. Extending the "olive branch" to the upset clerk, i said i was sorry and offered to shake hands.....he reluctantly did and abruptly left the counter. Got to my room by 12:15 a.m.....room o.k. but the incident stayed w/me til 2:00 a.m. when i finally got to sleep!!!! Need to make this clear: i have Black, Hispanic, Puerto Rican, Chinese and many other ethnic friends.....am NOT a prejudiced person by choice or by daily life, but i'll be hanged and quartered if i'll put up with this kinda crappy customer service from 2 clerks who were clearly not from America!!!!! After checking out Thursday morning, i got my Enterprise rentacar (they "pick u up?") to drive south to Bloomington; while checking in @ the Parke Regency (already sent you an A+++ review on them.....they're awesome!), a very courteous clerk (Shelby!) gave me info on the Hampton Inn/Schiller Park. And before checking out of the Parke Regency on Saturday 6/8, i made a reservation @ the Hampton for my return Saturday night's stay before catching an early flight back to California Sunday, 6/9. Oh and gladly, i CANCELLED my previously reserved Saturday night stay @ the Quality Inn/Schiller Park!!!

Room Tip: Select any other of the many quality hotels near O'Hare Airport.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were on a return trip from South Africa and needed a transit hotel for 8 hours. Checked in about 10:00 PM and were at the restaurant by it's 6:30 AM opening. Perhaps we were just lucky but we were in a double room in the main building. No smell, room was clean, beds were comfortable but there was no extra blanket to be found. No problem with noise. Breakfast was as described before (high carbs) but coffee was hot so we were happy.... is probably intended to get you by until you can get to a better meal later on.
Shuttle was in a constant loop about every 20 minutes and the drivers both directions were very nice (although the wait time was longer at the night pick-up...40 minutes).
I agree with other reviewers that the staff at the desk appear arrogant and not particularly interested in being helpful. I would return again if I needed a transit stop primarily because we did not experience any adverse events and the price was the best available when we booked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The worse is the smell - very offensive odor!
Thin walls - can hear snores from next room
Yikes
No elevator to 2nd floor
Staff were extremely unfriendly - sad customer service - not trying to be helpful at all
Do not recommend to anybody
Need updates badly
Shuttle were every half hour not every 15 minutes

Stayed May 2013
Schiller Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel was horrible! Mattresses stuck in downstairs stairwell....upstairs hallway smelled like urine! Room smaller...sink leaked When we called front desk to complain, they were totally disinterested and made no effort to resolve the problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We checked it for one night after a long flight. Just to start we were told kitchen of the Bela Sera restaurant closes at 10pm, but nevertheless we could order until 1040pm, we arrive 10 20pm. And surprise! Cook had left like 2 hours ago, manager did not even know! We got dinner somewhere else. We asked about breakfast times, and manager clearly said 6-10am, we went downstairs at 9am just to find out it was actually from 6 to 9am. Room is fairly clean, although it needs urgent renovation.
We are looking now for another place to stay, and I personally would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location, well priced, great bar located on the premises, great rooms, free use of high speed computer, free shuttle to/from O'Hare. Great parking rates. Friendly accommodating staff as I asked for a late check-out and got it at no cost. Saw a lot of pilots/stewardesses here.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
charleston,illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed the night prior to our trip overseas. The check-in was ok, but less than friendly. You could hear everything in the next room. However, it was a good nights sleep. We did the stay, park, and fly. Upon returning, we called the hotel for pickup. When the shuttle didn't come for 35 minutes, we called again as did the couple standing next to us. They had been standing for 45 minutes. The shuttle had driven by and hadn't stopped, so they had to send it back. As we were pulling out of the airport, we overheard the hotel ask the driver if he had picked up someone at another location. He had forgot, but he would go back and get them after dropping us off. That would have been another 30 minutes for those people to wait. When we got back to the hotel, I went in to tell them I was picking up my car, and they seemed less concerned about it as talking to another staff member. It was like OK see you later. We'll stay, park, and fly somewere else next time.

Room Tip: We assume the rooms are all the same. Hotel was located next to a major 4-lane highway. It would pos...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!