“Sounded OK on website, kind of scary at night.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Tucson, Arizona
“Sounded OK on website, kind of scary at night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We chose this motel because it advertised a 24 hr shuttle from the airport. That part worked out great. After checking in at 2:30AM we were directed to a room in a different building. The door to that building was unlocked which made me feel less secure since we arrived in the middle of the night. There was no elevator, so my tired children and I had to lug heavy suitcases up the threadbare carpeted stairs. The room was adequate, though very basic and well worn. I can handle older as long as its clean, and our room was clean.
There is a major highway or interstate about 10 feet from the back wall of the motel so we woke up all night long because of semis shaking the room a bit. The stairwell smelled like marijuana, and I I would never have wanted to stay here if my 19 year old son wouldn't have been with us on this trip. In the daylight things looked much better, but the breakfast according to my younger son was slim pickins. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was originally hesistant to book a room here, hearing previous visitors to this motel talked about bed bugs. However, since I am a student travel the price was really favourable to me.
I stayed there for three nights and found no major problems. The only problem was that to enter the room, you had to give it a hard body check. That being said, the room was clean, bathrooms were spotless, bedings were made and new towels were given everytime I came back to my room in the evening. I must say it was a nice place all in all. The lady there told to me to through my used towels by the front door, if you want new ones everytime.

The free shuttle service to O'hare airport is the best deal. I used to take the shuttle to the airport and from there take the subway to the city everyday to visit tourist attractions. The Avistar shuttle comes every 15-20 mins. Parking a car or staying in Chicago is ridiculously expensive so this shuttle really comes handy and the Chicago Transity Authority has a 3 day unlimited pass for subway, buses all for $14, so I used that from the airport and back.

The breakfast is not continental so no sausages or scrambled eggs. There is however waffle maker with mix, muffins, toast w/ jams, boiled eggs, yogurts, cookies, small doughnuts, and juice/coffee, milk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

3 people checked out because of bed bugs
Many of the doors look like they have been busted in by the PD
Mold growing in bathroom up the walls
Water up under the bottom of shower. Like stepping on a water bed
Cigarette burns on bed covers
Asked about doors and they acted like they didn't know what we were talking about
Rough neiborhood.
Should I keep going? I could!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is disgusting. I was in town for a show and Choice hotels booked me here so I could use my points for a free night. I was shocked when I checked in and the clerk said my room was in another building. Got to my room and it smelled just like urine, sheets and towels were dingy. Iron was wired to ironing board, lighting was awful and we could barely see. AC took forever to turn on. If we wanted to plug anything in, we had to unplug something else. Bathroom was so tiny you could barely move and we didn't want to touch anything. We ended up changing our clothes and checking right out. Stranger even walked up to my younger brothers and told them to be careful because this was a bad place. Thank God I didn't pay for this room.

• Stayed June 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We had a good experience at this location. We arrived early in the day but was able to check in early. The staff was friendly and helpful. Within a very short time we were able to catch the free shuttle to O'Hare where the driver went "out of his way" to show us exactly where to go to catch the CTA train into the city. When we returned from the day in Chicago the shuttle was easily assessable for return to the motel. I am surprised that this location is not rated higher than it is.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Greetings,

I am writing this review to inform all concerned travellers who are considering a stay at this hotel, that I discovered numerous bed bugs in room #132 near the end of the month of May 2012. I immediately notified the front desk around midnight, and he was very apologetic of the unfortunate circumstance. I asked what was going to be done about the problem, and he stated that "The room will be shut down for one month, and Orkin will be called in to exterminate the bed bugs."

I travel for a living, and the Quality Inn gives us the best rate available around the O'Hare airport area. So, for each subsequent stay here, I will be giving each and every room a very thorough inspection for any possible bed bugs.

Safe and happy travels to each and every one of you.

Room Tip: Avoid room #132. Infested with bed bugs, as of the end of May 2012.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Evans, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here 1 night before a very early flight. Booked the parking and hotel package off parksleepfly website which saved us over $45 from the hotel's price! This was the least we have paid for a park, sleep, fly package in O'Hare area and the happiest we have been with the shuttle service.

The hotel is older and is quite basic, but we just wanted a clean room, with decent bed and good shuttle service. The Quality Inn O'Hare was it!

Our room was on the Mannheim road side and we left the a/c unit fan in the 'on' setting to help create some white noise and drown out plane noises and it worked great.

The bed was fairly comfortable, although the pillows were small and flat.

There is a restaurant onsite and serves very good food. The atmosphere is a bit cheesy and dated, but the food was good and fair priced. The service was very slow though.

The shuttle arrived within 5 minutes from when the front desk called and on our return it was sitting right outside the door waiting. Both drivers were very friendly. Best shuttle experience ever!

We will return and recommend it to others, just don't expect a fancy room and you will be fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!