“nightmare tell'in” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Yonkers, New York
“nightmare tell'in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start by saying that if your looking for a good comfy night of sleep this is not the place. This Motel should not be call inn & suites. is definitely has no suites look nor feel, the place is crappy, hard beds horrible pillows and just poor poor look. when i enter the room is smell muggy, the tv was a crt box looking one with a missing power button, curtain where literately shredded looks like a cat slide with it's claws right from the top to the bottom. The bathroom wasn't flushing. I was disgusted, for that price i should had picked the Regal inn which i personally checked on once i check right out this nightmaretell! much better room quality for about the same price! I called hotel.com and complain about the hotel the room and the quality of service which btw sucks too. I checked in at another hotel i rather had lost my money that evening then to sleep a night in that crappy place! this shittell shouldn't even be promoted as a suite. is a truckdriver motel place def not a family place or more then one night if you can handle it!!!

Room Tip: dont choose a room unless you really need to and is your last option!!! this is a Motel!!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

The first room they gave me was open when I got there, trash still in it and no sheets on the bed. Then after 20 minutes, they gave me the room next door. the base-board moldings were all pulled off, there was no kleenex in the box and the room stunk. it took me a day to find the courtesy cups that are usually in the bathroom. I never did find an ice machine. it took me a day to get the high-speed internet to be high-speed (timed out in the speed test because it was too slow). The routers were not set up. The noise from mannheim rd. made it absoultely impossible to sleep past 4:30am.
The fellow that works the counter was kind but un-able to save this place. He even checked me in wrong so my key stopped working after the first day.
Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
hotelstars, Manager at O'Hare Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Drear guest - we do apologize for your inconvenience at the time of your stay, property is going thru renovation this is the reason for pull out base - board in room, new base-board will be installed in next day or so. There are 2 ice machines at the property one is on 1st floor hallway and second on top floor hallway.
Ice bucket and cups are located on the table in the room, most likely it was a smell of new carpet just installed in the morning. We do apologize for reception attendant mistakes - thous cannot be repeated.
Thank you so much for your comment - our best regards
Porto, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in October 2014. We waked up in the night with a noise in the room. We opened the lights of the room and there was a BIG RAT (about 15 cm) in our room just next to our bed! We called the manager that could not care less! Than we called the police and moved in the middle of the night to other hotel!! PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE SURCHING FOR A BIG DISEASE!!

• Stayed October 2014
hotelstars, Manager at O'Hare Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your opinion - however it could be very helpful if your review was more specific like room # and check inn check out date. It could help us to investigate this matter.
I did check with police department - they do not have evidence on record of such phone call in the middle of night in October 2014.
council bluffs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Hotel offered a stay two nights get one night free deal...never happened. Advertised "close" to the convention center. I got a room in a basement!!! The heater and air unit was clear up on the wall and I had to have my son stand on a chair to reach it. The room was old and musty. Bed was horrible. Cable tv but it was loosely connected so channels kept digitizing. Hair dryer didn't work. Front desk was rude and uncourteous...obviously family owned. Shuttle was supposed to run until midnight...but after 12 hours at a convention I called for a ride and the man who drives the shuttle was already gone for the night....at TEN til midnight. I had to walk four miles at night in down town conditions...alone...because I couldn't afford a taxi which was the reason I settled for this cut-rate hotel to begin with. The guy at the front desk told me, "No one is forcing you to stay here..." and shrugged at me. When I told him why I walked, he shrugged again...not ONE apology...nothing! Housekeeping walked right into my room without a loud knock in the a.m. There was zero over head lighting...only lamps to light my basement dungeon of a room. In my room was a chair in the "sitting area" that had a broken LEG!!!! The couch folded out into a type of mattress...but even my teen wouldn't sleep there!! It smelled musty and felt damp even when the weather was dry. I was just completely disgusted by the shuttle drivers and hotel staff...all of whom barely spoke English and were just rude as could be. BUT WALKING HOME ALONE AT 1 AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY WAS THE DEAL BREAKER!!!! I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS HOW HORRIBLE THIS PLACE IS. ** on a side note, while at the front desk I heard one guy ask for towels and the front desk said sorry they didn't have any clean...and another couple came in complaining that their sink and tub were backed up!! *** just unacceptable!!

Room Tip: My advice, don't stay here at all. Don't trust the photos online.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

This Hotel is not bad for a one night stay over i did this to making a connecting flight and found nothing to report about the hotel its a very friendly place with knowledgeable staff . would stay here again only if i have to .

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

Stayed for two nights which was enough, located close to the road which was noisy through the night. Room was clean and comfortable but fairly standard for budget accommadation, had problems with a dog barking and howling in the room next to us, altthough the motel does not cater for pets, cereals and no more for breakfast.
Free shuttle to and from airport and terminal for the 'blue line' train service and shopping mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further back from the road.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

Worth of it. Really cheap and comfortable,clean,quiet. They provide ride van also. I really am satisfied of it.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to O'Hare Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!