“Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Beausejour, Canada
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The worst experience of my life during checkout. I asked for a receipt of my stay, required for the Canadian customs. What I got was 3 lectures on "SIR, you SHOULD KNOW you do not get a receipt when you prepaid on the internet!" - 3 times with intimidating, "YOU SHOULD KNOW" tone of voice. No, I didn't know. Where was friendly and courtesy service? Where was accommodating and supportive service? Never stay in this hotel again - not worth the frustration.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dave S, General Manager at Comfort Suites O'Hare, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
When this incident first came to our attention, we did a thorough investigation and agreed with this guest. The employee was terminated for not providing exceptional service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Not one single thing was wrong with my visit to this hotel. The staff was so down-to-earth and friendly! My room was very clean and the hotel was extremely quiet. I spoke with the hotel manager who was really delightful. When I needed a luggage cart a gentleman literally dropped what he was doing and got it for me in an instant. I didn't even gave to ask! This is a value if I've ever seen one!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for allowing us to provide excellent service and accomodations while you were layed over in Chicago. We hope you will see us again if you are in town.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We needed a place close to the airport to meet our exchange student coming from Poland. This place was great and we stayed 3 nights. We had a room with 2 double beds and a separate room with a sleeper sofa and TV for our student. The staff was excellent and the rooms real comfy. There was a coffeemaker, a fridge, and a microwave which came in handy. It is real easy to navigate to the airport or get on the I-190. The room was cleaned each day, which must have been difficult, as we had so many supplies and luggage. We asked for the top floor, as we knew that there are weddings and parties on the weekends in the ballroom and bar.
We ate at he restaurant 2 nights. The food was real good and reasonable. The 2 Polish female bartenders were excellent and made our stay more enjoyable.
Breakfast was good with hot eggs sausage, and waffles.

Room Tip: Stay in an upper room if you are staying on a weekend. Have a meal at the bar.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We have a very heavy Polish population in this area so you must have felt right at home. we hope to see you again
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Absolutely worst hotel I have ever been to. i booked a room with priceline.com in this hotel 10 days before my travel. I got an email that my room is reserved. I even called the hotel on the morning of check in about my stay. But when i went there for check in, they said they dont have any rooms available. The person at the reception were so rude. Instead of apologizing for not giving room, they were acting like it was not their fault and offered me a room at a highway motel nearby which looked totally unsafe for my family. I ended up cancelling my reservation and finding another hotel myself. This hotel is a Unreliable, non trustworthy. Please avoid it at all cost. You don't need added stress with your travel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last couple of months and had 2 different experiences. The hotel itself is nothing spectacular, but nothing shabby. The rooms themselves have enough room with two tv's. The bathrooms are a bit smaller than most but still large enough. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was decent. The first time, the staff seemed fairly accommodating and nice. The second time, they seemed to have an attitude that I was a just a pain to them. Before I stayed, I saw multiple reviews by people complaining about the wifi. The first time I stayed, I was wondering what they were talking about as I had no issues. However, the second time I stayed, I could not connect at all. I called the help service, who could not fix the problem and did not call me back.

After the first stay, I thought this place was an excellent value by the airport. However, after the second stay, I will be looking for other hotels if I need to stay in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lomira, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the last 12 months and I will keep coming back. I like the fact it has a restaurant attached so I don't have to leave to eat and have a beverage! the hotel staff is very friendly and breakfast is better than most to start your day!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Oak Park, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I read the reviews and saw that others had bad experiences with the staff, I figured that I would stay here anyway since all I needed was a bed to sleep in, that was a BIG mistake. They put me in a room on the second floor directly above the banquet hall where there was a wedding going until 3 in the morning. I was not able to sleep. Even though they did end up refunding my reservation, this was not until the morning. Since they messed up by putting me in a room where it was impossible to sleep, I expected to be set up at another Hotel, or at least give me a refund so that I could go somewhere else. When they finally gave me the refund in the morning i asked if I could come back and sleep in the afternoon after my meetings since I hadn't been able to the night before, they refused to accommodate me.
This hotel has awful customer service. i had to keep calling the front desk to check on what was happening since they did not call me back. The desk clerk threatened me, and the manager told me all the reasons that it wasn't his fault rather than just fixing it. I would never stay in this hotel or let anyone I know sleep in this hotel.
I also found used floss on the floor, and the water pressure was poor.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you over the banquet hall.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!