“Pleasant staff ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Schiller Park
Milan
“Pleasant staff ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We called spur of moment to avoid weather. Did the park and fly deal. They let us park close because it was so cold The front desk people were great. Shuttle to airport every 20 minutes. Room fine. Sink drain didn't work. Beds comfy and clean.
Restaurant tasty and prices reasonable for a hotel. Little overpriced.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Becky G,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our drive in, fly out package, service and accommodations. We have notified our housekeeping staff about the drainage issue and will investigate this further. We hope to welcome you back soon. Safe travels!

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We selected Four Points because of their amazingly-priced park-and-fly deal. Although we ended up saving considerable money compared to parking on-site at O'hare, I wish we had selected one of the other options in the area. The shower had mold and didn't drain properly and we received 6 prank calls in the middle of the night on the room phone. This wasn't the place to stay after traveling for 27 hours.

I will say that the shuttle was running on-time despite the snow and our 11:45pm arrival, which was appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren S,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We have informed our housekeeping staff about the drainage issues. We will also be resurfacing our guest bathrooms soon. Unfortunately we don't have a record about the prank calls. Please reach out to me at arun@fourpointsohare.com should you wish to discuss this further. The safety and satisfaction of our guests if of our utmost concern and we hope we can make this up to you should you decide to stay with us again. Take care!

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Arrived @ 5 pm & one of three rooms wasn't ready. We were told to check back later...no apologies at all. The desk staff was all so sullen. We had driven in a snow storm with 4 adults, 3 kids and 2 dogs...at 6:30 we finally got the third room. They were having New Years Eve parties in the ballrooms and you had to walk thru the crowds of dressed up people to get to the pool...very weird setup. The rooms were clean. The bathtub didn't drain while showering.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Donna E,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the delayed check-in. Unfortunately we had experienced a later than normal room readiness due to the heavy snow storm and numerous late check outs. We have also informed our housekeeping staff about the drainage issues you mentioned and will be looking into this. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and hope you'll allow us to make this up to you should you decide to stay with us again. Take care!
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The shuttle service was very convenient and the staff was very helpful especially the night staff when we arrived. The bed was very comfortable and it was a good experience overall even though our stay was very short.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Background: I thought I was going to misconnect in MIA earlier and I canceled my reservation at the Hilton Rosemont. When I made my flight, I had to rebook a hotel and saw this place was $64 so I went for it. Now I know why it's only $64.

Location: As others have noted, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere and a fairly long shuttle ride (10 minutes) from ORD. It's next to a seedy looking restaurant and some industrial and commercial buildings though there is also a gas station.

Hotel: The lobby is actually quite nice and has obviously been recently renovated. There's a business center and a small store in the lobby though I believe if you want to eat, you go to the seedy restaurant. The upper floors, however, look awful. The hotel is large but half the elevators are out of order which means long walks and waits. Lighting on the floors is poor and the carpets worse.

Check-In: Check-in went quickly and the agent was very friendly and offered me a wake up call. Amusingly, despite asking for said call for 3:40 AM she wrote on my folio my check-out time was Noon.

Room: Absolutely awful. A tiny room on the 2nd floor (with lovely view of the parking lot) that felt old. The desk chair was damaged, the bath tub had paint chips missing, and the room wasn't properly made up. There was no pen or pad and I only got one bar of soap (though from what I've read elsewhere, that may not be accidental but on purpose). Also, the clock radio was flashing 5:06 AM and had obviously been unplugged and not reset. At least the bed was comfortable and shower (in the tiny bathroom) decent. Oh and speaking of the bathroom, at first I couldn't find the light, you have to turn a timer to make it come on...weird. There's no light switch by the door, so when I came into the dark room, I first fumbled around by the door, then fumbled around in the bathroom to try and get some light but due to the crank, couldn't.

Check-Out/Other: No issue checking out, the shuttle runs every 20 minutes which is a nice touch and the driver is really awesome, friendly guy who made me smile, even at 5 AM.

Well, I know why the rate was $64, I will not be back. I feel badly for the US Airways crew, this is their hotel.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Sal_Paradise767,
We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent stay at our hotel. Clearly we did not meet your expectations. Usually the ride to the airport takes between 5-7 minutes but due to traffic and weather that time may vary. Unfortunately one of our elevators was out of service during your stay but it will be fixed shortly, we currently have two additional functional elevators. Standard checkout is at noon and although many of our guests have an early wake-up call, we do not write those checkout times on our folios. We will be refreshing our hotel this year and hope you'll come back to see our new look. Safe travels and take care!
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel has a nice lobby and updated entrance....the rooms however are just plain gross, outdated, and creepy. We put up with the nastiness since we only stayed one night. The toilet barely flushed. There were curly hairs on the comforter and blanket. The rooms had stains on the ceiling and walls. The thermostat was sticky. I paid 64 for this room so I guess I got what I paid for.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Dangdiggitydoo,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us due to the conditions of your room. We will share your comments with our team as we continue to evaluate ways to improve our hotel. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you. Take care and safe travels!
Chino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed and numerous Starwood properties over the years and they have never been a disappointment until now. From long waits for an elevator, because only one was working, to carpeting that is in absolutely serious need of replacement. Stains and worn out areas throughout. The bar and restaurant were not much better and also in need of a remodel. Oh, and the menu is in need of a remodel also. I felt like I had taken a time machine back to the 50's. Then, the one thing that I find the most offensive, is ordering a glass of wine and getting a tasting size glass that could not have been more than 4oz. Most restaurants & bars will pour 6oz. The rooms though were decent and the beds & pillows were in the Starwood tradition.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!