“Good nights sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Three Rivers, Michigan
“Good nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the airport and they offer park-and-fly services. It is a little old and run-down but the beds are great. I really love the pillows!I know it sounds crazy, but we have stayed in many hotels and this one wins the prize for comfy pillows. It's the little things that we appreciate!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear NurseMarcella,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We're delighted that you enjoyed our drive in, fly out package and slept well on our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed and pillows. We hope to welcome you back soon. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Check in was slow, the room was dirty (the kind of dirty where you know the room hasn't been well cleaned in a long time, but also sticky on the desk, water on the counter, stuff on the floor) and quite run-down, the adjoining restaurant is below average at best and the coffee in the lobby had no creamer and ran out of lids.

I had an important meeting in the morning, so I asked the night before about getting a cab - she said it's no problem at all and they come by in a continuous loop so shouldn't be more than five minutes tops. Just to be sure, I came down 30 minutes early and asked again at the desk and was told the same thing. Well, it took over 30 minutes to get a cab and I asked three times at the front desk if they would call again.

Despite all this, the bed and bedding were great, but I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear MAS672013,
We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us due to check in and the cab delay. We do our best to expedite a quick check in and will share your feedback with our team as we continue to look for ways to improve our service. We sincerely apologize about the cab delay as that is very unusual. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this experience up to you should you decide to stay with us again. Take care!
leldel@optonline.net
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Next door to O'Hare, Chicago but surprisingly quiet. Very Clean, confortable room, a bit on the small side but no complaints, nice staff, clean, quiet. 15-20 minutes to downtown Chicago but NOT in rush hour, then 1 to 1 1/2 hour. If staying here park the car and take the train into downtown because there is very little parking there.

Room Tip: Ask the desk for proximity to parking lot. It's a big place with a big lot. In winter the walk...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear leldel,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're glad that you enjoyed a quiet and comfortable stay with us. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Internet was fast, TV was nice and big with a good selection of high definition channels, bed was comfortable. Restaurant was excellent and priced the same as other restaurants in Schiller Park, not overpriced like many hotel restaurants.

The room was worn and tired. Leather chair showed cracking and wear. Glass shades for light fixture was missing a trim ring, the glue it left behind at first looked like an encrustation of dirt. The halls and public areas (except the lobby) looked worn. Shower head too low. I was on the fourth floor, when coming out of the elevator the sign said "no smoking floor." Despite this, the room had a faint smell of cigarettes. At times it smelled like smoke coming through the bathroom vent.

If they renovate all of the rooms and hallways, clean all of the vents, and make this property 100% non-smoking it will be fantastic. For now they get three points due to the good amenities and barely acceptable room.

Edmonton Alberta Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We do a fair bit of travelling through out the U.S. As well as Europe so I consider myself a seasoned traveller. Normally I do not take the time to write a review, however my stay at the "FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON " deserved my time to write this review. The Sheraton by its name alone usually equates to a good hotel. This hotel close to O'Hare airport in Chicago is in much need of a complete renovation. The floor I stayed on had a sign as you come off the elevator indicating "Floor for Starwood Members" which I am a member of due to the many hotels I stay in in the course of a year. The carpet in the hallway was worn and dirty. There was a musty smell in the hallway, all the doors into each room are old and worn. The elevators are very small making it difficult to get the luggage trolley inside. The bed spread on the king bed showed wear with pilling in parts of the bedspread. The bathroom was very small, the bathtub had once been repainted as the white paint glaze finish was coming off showing the old style beige tub glaze. The lobby floor had leaves strewn around and looked as if it had not been vacuumed for sometime. I noticed a cleaning attendant in the hallway and pointed this out to her, she simply said yes it still needs to be vacuumed. At NINE O'CLOCK AT NIGHT?? To say I was disappointed is an under statement. I would not stay there again. I give it two stars because they have a free shuttle every 20 minutes, but then so do the other hotels in the area. I went by the NAME SHERATON, my mistake!

Room Tip: I rated the hotel average where the name Sheraton by my standard is usually excellent. I was disappo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear jtoorn,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We are currently evaluating renovation plans and will share your feedback with our team. Unfortunately in fall we see more leaves and dirt near the front entrance carpet however the carpets are vacuumed daily and we do our best to maintain a clean floor with the constant opening of the front door. We would like to make this experience up to you if you would give us another chance. Take care.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the worst hotel I stayed in during the past ten years traveling for business. Without a doubt.

I booked a deluxe executive suite at 149, but had to reduce my trip by one night by phone. When I arrived, I discovered that I was upgraded (hah) to a regular king. I let that one go.

The rooms have no central HVAC because of a cheap builder , so the rooms have zero air circulation. Heat/ac is a wall fan.

The shower had a shower head about four feet off the tub and the bathroom was like a shoe box.

Loud obnoxious clientele seemed to dominate the halls...

The owner seemed to cater not to the majority of guests who were business travelers but to local people hosting weddings, birthday parties and private events

Breakfast delivered to your room was not available on Sunday, but true front desk didn't know this policy

A favor to print some color copies was denied...hmmm no color printer in the hotel for all those color fliers posted?

This is not a hotel for business travelers, but not for anyone who likes air circulation and hygiene either.

God bless the owner for he has a truly lousy clientele he will forever attract...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear AnthroJamed,
We sincerely apologize that you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us. Great customer experiences are very important to us and we will review your feedback with our team to address improving our service. Each of our guestrooms have PTAC units. We also offer breakfast daily. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please reach out to me at arun@fourpointsohare.com. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you. Take care!
Silicon Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed on Friday night prior to flying out of ORD the next day. Check in was fast and efficient. The room is a decent size and has a desk to work. Internet access is included and worked well but be sure you don’t accidentally click the button for internet upgrade when you log in!

Toiletries are minimalistic and there’s only a small space for your toiletry bag. There’s an iron and an ironing board, a clock radio, and a large TV. Although my room faced the freeway, I was 100 m away from it and the noise was not a concern. The curtains can give you complete blackout. There was some dust around the edges of the floor, but otherwise the room was clean and comfortable.

Coffee is available in the room and also in the lobby in the morning. The breakfast is paid for extra but it didn’t seem too exciting so I ate at the airport instead. The bar seemed dark so I skipped it, too. The gym and swimming pool looked very good though I used neither.

Shuttle service to the airport was prompt and courteous. In fact, it was exactly 21 minutes for me to get from the hotel front door to my gate after checking in and going through security!

In all it is very good value for money. Those other local hotels that offer low rates and then charge an arm and a leg for internet access are very expensive in comparison.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!