“Average hotel, great happy hour” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Average hotel, great happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I think my title of says it all. Close enough to the airport, decent but not mold-breaking. Happy hour was great prices though!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is close to the airport - has a bus-service that runs every 15 minutes 24/7. Free parking. Rooms a little "grey and dusty" - could need a new designer - but the otels work - resonable rates and good food in the restaurant

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed her over Labor Day Weekend with family to visit other family and do tourist sightseeing.
Older hotel very close to O'Hare with free shuttle that helps travelers get to and from airport. Also close to two Metra Lines and with free shuttle to airport you can easily get on the CTA Blue Line train.
The parking is not great here. The hotel is trying to make extra money by renting out park and ride spaces to locals which means the lot is usually pretty full. For guests this means a lack of easy spaces. The overflow lot is a block away on a gravel surface. It's not well lit and not a great option if the hotel lot is full.
The hotel itself is laid out poorly with a pretty long walk back to the two single elevators serviing upper floors, which run slow.
The rooms are in fairly good shape for the age of the hotel. They are somewhat spacious for this class of hotel. The floors were a bit dirty. (see photo of the space in the corner next to the air conditioner unit...not clean at all).
We also had no soap in our dish on arrival and had to get that and extra towels.
Even though we were in a Queen-Queen room (where you should ALWAYS assume four towel using guests), we only had three towel sets. This must be a hotel standard because even on day two our maid remade the room with only three towel sets, so we twice had to go get extras...we had two adults and two kids with us.
The bathroom was on the small side with just barely enough room for two people in it.
The shower worked well with lots of hot water. The shower head was a Speakman Anyflow 2000 and it was simply outstanding. It had to be one of the best I've ever used. I liked it so much I want one for my home. Really, really good!!!!
The internet worked great and was free.
The hotel pool was large enough for the kids to have fun but the Jacuzzi was closed because it is getting replaced.
There is no free breakfast but the hotel does have room service and a full restaurant onsite. There's also a McDonald's and a neat Polish bakery (just across from the McD's) about six blocks to the east, so it's easy to get to.
The hotel layout has meeting rooms very close to the guest rooms. Probably great for meetings, but really bad on the weekend we were there. They had REALLY, REALLY LOUD weddings booked into the meeting rooms and the loud reception music could be clearly heard in the first floor hallway late into the night. The first night there was only one, but the second night, there were two receptions that were extremely loud.
If you are staying on a weekend, ask for a non-first floor room to avoid loud guests walking the halls and the music.
Because of the convenient location and room size, quality, this one gets a yes recommendation as a middle of the road contender.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor on loud wedding party weekends
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 16-month old daughter because of its proximity to O'Hare. We had stayed in the city for three nights and wanted a hotel close to the airport the last night of our trip because we had an early flight.

Make no mistake. The hotel is old. It is not what I expected of this brand. The shower had mold on the caulking and overall it just had an old, dingy feel, but we didn't focus on it too much because we were staying for less than 12 hours - that is until we were getting ready to leave the next morning and my daughter walked over with a bloody paper towel and half-empty bottle of water she had found on the floor under the curtains. Neither of these items were ours.

When I told the front desk staff about this, they were very apologetic and quickly offered to comp the room. Even though they were very nice and the shuttle was great, I'd never stay again due to the fact that the rooms aren't being cleaned well.

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Four Points O'Hare. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the inconvenience you have experinced during your stay with us. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to impove our facility and service.
Arun Sharma

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My partner and I are from Green Bay, WI and were flying to SC. Our flight was at 6 am, so we drove down the night before. They had a great deal going on, Park and Fly (or something like that). For $115 we stayed the night, parked our car in a gated lot (you can park for up to 14 days with no charge), and they had a shuttle going to and from the hotel to the airport every 20 minutes. The woman at the front desk wasn't very personable. We got to our room...the bathroom was disappointing-it was out dated compared to the rest of the room and the toilet was SO low to the ground. In the corner of the room, the ceiling had water damaged and looked like it was deteriorating. There was so MANY cobwebs in all corners of the room. We arrived around 10:30 pm and left the next morning around 4 am, so it wasn't bad for a couple hours of sleep. I would have been very upset paying more than $100 for the room.

One good thing we enjoyed was room service. Food was priced very reasonably and was DELICIOUS!

I had a hard time finding a hotel with 24 hour shuttle service as well as a "park and fly" option.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

After heaving read the reviews of fellow travelers here on TA, I was quite astonished by the huge amount of negative posts. While the Four Points by Sheraton O’Hare airport might indeed be below average compared to other hotels of this brand, I still consider it good value for money, given the low prices.
I stayed at this hotel in June 2011 for 3 nights. The purpose of my stay was to see the city of Chicago. I arrived at the airport late at night and left quite early in the morning so I decided not to book a hotel in the city center and to stay near the airport instead. Due to the fact that there are frequent trains to downtown Chicago, I did not regret my decision.
Courtesy buses between the hotel and the airport run every 20 min. on a 24/7 basis, with stops behind the Hilton for terminals 1,2 and 3 (domestic flights) and in front of terminal 5 (international flights). Travel time is about quarter an hour. The hotel is located near a highway, as a result there is nothing to do in its proximity and even a walk in the surrounding area cannot be recommended.
Check- in was quick and hassle- free, however some of the receptionists could try to smile a bit more. Public premises may have seen better days in terms of appearance, still everything seemed to be well kept and clean. There are 2 computers available for guests and, as far as I remember, also wireless internet was free of charge (unfortunately, horrendous internet prices are still common in my home country and also elsewhere in Europe).
My room proved to be the biggest advantage of this hotel: big, clean and modern with fantastic beds, only those narrow 10 inches balconies were a little strange (at least I could open the window as I hate the sound of air condition). As a Starwood Preferred Guest, my room was located on club level what might be the reason for me being satisfied in contrary to other reviewers.
There is a pool in the back of the building, however I did not use it as weather was stormy and rainy. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on breakfast and food quality.
As a conclusion, I was not disappointed by the Four Points Sheraton O’Hare airport and would certainly recommend it to travelers with connecting flights.

Room Tip: Due to fraffic noise, ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

I stay at Sheraton/Four Points hotels at least twice a month. This rates low compared to other locations. The TV channels were messed up and maintenance said they could do nothing. I had no ironing board. The bathrooms were clean but old, with spots on the tub. The front desk staff are okay but not overly helpful. For example, we asked for a restaurant suggestion but they neglected to tell us the restaurant has a free shuttle -even though the restaurant says they clearly know about the shuttle - so we had to pay for a taxi instead. Another time we asked when the airport shuttle was leaving, they said they would let us know and although we were obviously sitting in front of the desk, they did not tell us and the shuttle left without us...and they did not even have another customer in line. I ordered room service and half of my food was missing - when I called about this, they said they would send it to my room but never did. Overall it's not horrible if you need a place to stay, the beds are nice as usual with Sheraton and there is free Internet, but definitely not a great pick or comprable to other Sheraton or Four Points hotels.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!