“Great concept” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Poplar Grove, IL
“Great concept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The Hyatt Place remains our favorite chain for comfort and value. The morning breakfast is high quality. The locations are always well chosen. The people are well trained and always pleasant. In those respects this one is no different. Our room, however, was a bit ragged. The furniture upholstery had numerous stains. The carpet was unraveling in one place. The bed springs were weak and noisy. These were all minor but detracted from the quality that we have come to expect. So, I fully expect that plans are already underway to improve the rooms.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place hotels for your stays. I'm glad you and your guest enjoyed the hotel. Our upgraded hot continental breakfast including breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal and either french toast or pancakes is the perfect way to start your day. The staff is fantastic and thank you very much for mentioning that. Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms, I will be sure to share them with my General Manager. Thank you once again for choosing Hyatt Place hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had to cancel at very short notice. The Hotel could have made me bite the bullet. But they cheerfully did a no penalty cancellation. When I am in the Chicago area I always stay. here. Over the years this Hotel always goes a step above and beyond . Their Breakfast is made by a Chef It's a good value too! Sometimes I stop here just for breakfast!

Room Tip: Buy a room with a breakfast rate
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think Hyatt Place is my favorite place to stay. The lobby and rooms look great and feel great. The staff is universally nice. The 24-hour menu offers things I want to eat and drink. Breakfast is excellent. The pool at this particular Hyatt Place is large, and there is also a great Jacuzzi whirlpool hot tub. The place is "limited service" but manages to provide all the service I really care about. For example, the video screen in the room has a really cool control panel, enabling me to stream video from the Internet and have it display on the video screen via an HDMI cable. Unfortunately, I didn't have an HDMI cable. I thought I would go buy one, but sort of on a lark asked if the hotel had one I could borrow. They certainly did! And the whole fancy video system worked. I just had 4 small complaints: (1) outside of breakfast hours, the coffee is not free but should be; (2) the towels are just a little lower in quality than I would have expected; (3) you still have to sign in for Internet service, but you could identify yourself as Donald Duck (I tried it) and it wouldn't matter -- and you get forced to sign in again periodically -- why not just eliminate the sign-in process and make it easier for the user -- who's going to steal wifi service at this hotel?; and (4) some of the bathroom hardware was loose.

Room Tip: Room 315 overlooks the entry structure and has a somewhat inferior view, but there are no great view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you are a frequent Hyatt Place guest. We are a select service hotel with a full service feel. With the larger than stardard rooms, room amemities, breakfast, large pool, and 24-hour made to order menu allows our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. The internet requires a guest to re-sign in so that we can allow the maximum speed to each guest. Thank you for sharing your input, I will be sure to share your comments with my General Manager. We hope to see you again soon!
Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had never stayed at a Hyett Place before, and was very impressed. The suite was clean and very well laid out. There was a hominess to it that made one comfortable. The evening front desk staff, especially Joan, were awesome, sending a fax for me, and helping with those little issues that travelers have. The stay was so good, that as I closed the room door for the last time, I had a since of sadness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place Chicago-Schaumburg. We are especially proud of our front desk staff as they are always very helpful and go out of their way to help. Thank you for mentioning our staff by name. The rooms have plenty of room and feel like home and we hope you join us again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I travelled from Minnesota with our son. We came to see Legoland (very close to the hotel) and go into downtown Chicago for a day. Check-in was very quick and hassel-free, even though we arrived before check-in time. The room was great for us. It had a king bed with a partition separating it from the couch. The couch was great in the evenings and the placement of the TV was perfect! We were able to put our son to bed on the couch and still watch TV in our bed. We thought the breakfast was good, compared to most places we've been. They had different options each day we were there. We also ate a dinner and had some snacks from the kitchen, which was perfect. The pool was very clean, as well.

The staff made our stay exceptional. Here are a few of the things they were helpful with. We needed an additional blanket for our son, so they went right back and got one immediately. We asked a question about the tolls and parking in downtown and they suggested we take the train. What a great suggestion! They were so friendly! We will definitely stay here again the next time we make the trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm so glad you and your family had a nice time and enjoyed Legoland and downtown Chicago. Thank you for you coments about the staff, we are very lucky to have such helpful staff and they always go out of their way to make the guests at home. I'm glad we were able to get you checked in early so you could enjoy the local sites. The rooms are fantastic for family with the sofa sleeper and 42" HDTV option to swivel from either the bedroom or sofa sleeper areas. The hot continental breakfast is a perfect way for our guests to start their day and with the many complimentary options available, our guests are allowed many choices. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy our 24 hour made to order food service. The food is great and delivered in a timely fashion. Our large indoor pool is a nice way for families to have fun together. We do hope to see you at the hotel again soon!
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Good option if you want to be close to Woodfield mall, the rooms are spacious and fairly clean. The breakfast options are average, and the front desk staff are helpful.

Two issues with room, the first is the location of the TV, it is in very awkward angle that's not convenient to watch from the living room L shaped sofa or from the bed. The second is the flimsy curtains that do not block e lights from the parking lot, add to it the lights from the alarm, smoke detectors, and TV and you have a very bright room.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for posting your review. We are very close to the Woodfield Mall, IKEA and many restaurants in the area and offer a complimentary shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel. The larger than standard rooms are nice as our guests have an option on where they would like to spend their time, either watching the 42" HDTV from the bed or the sofa sleeper. Our staff is wonderful and I'm glad you had a chance to interact with them.

The hotel has blackout drapes which block out the outside light, as well as the curtain shears. In addition, we do offer three way bulbs that allow for low, medium and high light in both the sleeping room and next to the sofa sleeper which can make the room much less bright. Hopefully you decide to stay with us again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I usually do not leave review's, but I felt like I had to because of the greatness of this hotel.

For 89 bucks a night the room was very roomy and comfortable. The TV and desk have a very unique setup where you can hook up your computer, game system, etc. The wireless worked great and was very reliable. The breakfast every morning was hot and very tasty.

The best part about the hotel was the service. Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and went above and beyond to make things work. I seen the front desk manager drive someone because the shuttle was not back yet.

The shuttle drivers were exceptional. They were very courteous, on time, always striking up conversation, and made great suggestions on local dining and fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your hotel stay experience with us! It sounds like you had a nice time! We are very lucky to have wonderful staff, who are always ready to suggest local hot spots, restaurants and the like. Our guests are #1 and we always go out of our way to assure our guests feel welcome and at home. The complimentary wireless is a nice option as is the complimentary upgraded hot continental breakfast. The 42" HDTV hookups are set up right next to the desk so guests have easy access to electrical plugs as well as computer, game system hook ups. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and service and hope to see you back soon.

Been to Hyatt Place Schaumburg? Share your experiences!