“Great little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 hotels in Schaumburg
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Hyatt Place and it was very nice. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was better than average and offer a wide selection. My only complaint about the hotel was the ac/heating system. It was one of those old school wall units. I was either freezing or sweating and could never get the temp right. Workout room was small but clean and well air conditioned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you or posting your review. I'm glad you found the roms spacious and comfortable. Our rooms are nice as the sleeping and seating area are seperated out and allows some room to move and enjoy the room. Our upgraded hot continental breakfast, including breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal and either french toast or waffles and continental items, is a nice way to start the day. Our 24--hour fitness center is very quiet and cool, giving our guests the perfect setting to work out. I will bring your comment about the ac/heating system to the attention of my GM. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

First time staying at a Hyatt Place. It is comparable to a Hampton Inn, although my room had a bar sink/fridge area and a larger workspace than the Hampton.

I liked the service, location, TV size, and room layout. Multiple newspapers available at the front desk. The room air conditioner was quiet.

I did not like the mattress or HDTV channel choice and picture quality. Also, the drinking glasses in my room were not clean. Many of the hangers had a greasy feel to them and I wasn't comfortable hanging my nice suits and shirts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! Hyatt Place is a nice option as we offer larger rooms, an 42" HDTV, and a seperate seating area. We do offer a large workspace with a bright light, cordless phone and easily accessible electrical plugs. The bar and sink are conveniently located near the mini fridge and we even have a cupboard for our guests to store their foodstuffs. Our location is very near many local corporations, the Woodfield Mall, IKEA and the many restaurants in the area. I will bring your drinking glasses, hangers, HDTV and mattress comments to my general manager. Thank you for sharing that as well. We hope you decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I had a awesome time here fir my husband and I anniversary. The customer service was legendary! We was treated rudely at Crown Plaza in Glen Ellyn and arrived here and they made sure we were taken care if eventhough it was a Golf Convention and barely rooms available. The rooms are very nice with Huge Flat screens and the continental breakfast with Hot Fresh French Toast. And it is located in a very nice location with tons of things to do. The staff made you feel welcome and the price of the stay was feasible. From the time we arrived the staff was sooo kind!! To name a few, Julie, Jasmine, Jasper, Jennifer, and Ryan was great and we appreciate all of you!! Will be back soon!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent review and for taking the time to acknowledge our wonderful staff by name! It is always nice when someone takes the time to recognize our staff members. Belated congratulations on your Anniversary! I'm so glad you were able to spend it with us! Our rooms are very spacious and offer the 42" HDTV for easy viewing from either the sleeping or sitting room. Our upgraded hot continental breakfast is a nice way to start the day, with our French Toast, Waffles, Oatmeal and hot breakfast sandwiches. With our location near the Woodfield Mall, IKEA and the many restaurants, there is so much to do during a fun getaway weekend. I'm glad you had time to enjoy the area and all it has to offer. We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next stay!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Needed to be close to one of the larger companies in Schaumburg for the week and stayed here. There's a big mall, Woodfield Mall right behind the hotel, within walking distance and that's nice. There are restaurants in the area, within walking distance as well.

Check-in process went very well. Smooth and quick! Got to the room, opened the door and was very impressed with the size, look and layout of the room. It is really big!

Some issues I had while staying here:

1. The shower didn't drain properly. Within a few minutes, I was standing in 5 inches of water - GROSS! I told the desk and they sent someone to fix it. The water did end up draining better, but still somewhat slow. The shower head was very loose too.

2. The AC/Heater unit in the room is rather loud. They need a T-stat in the room, instead of the old system of Off, Low, High and having the system on all the time.

3. I asked for extra bath soap but never got it. After the third day (I was staying 6 nights) I stopped getting soap as well. No clue why? Also, started noticing the towels for the next three days smelled very musty and like mildew. I would HOPE they weren't re-cycled without being washed and bleached.

4. The complimentary breakfast was just barely ok. The first day I was here I tried one of the breakfast sandwiches and it didn't taste fresh and the egg didn't even taste like egg. The toaster worked well though, so I toasted bagels and that was good.... it was my breakfast for the rest of the week.

5. Elevators are incredibly slow! I was on the third floor and more than 75% of the time, it would've been MUCH faster to walk up or down the steps than to wait for and take the elevator. I actually did a few times.

6. Sheets were not changed all week in my room either. I could tell because there was a stain on the sheet on the side.

7. The mattress was very springy and noisy and wasn't too comfy. Wasn't able to get a full night's sleep any of the nights I was there.

On a more positive note, the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We do have a wonderful location, close to many of the larger companies in Schaumburg and convenient to the Woodfield mall, IKEA and the large selection of restaurants. Our rooms are larger than a standard hotel room, with the sitting area partitioned from the sleeping area. As with the shower, we always do our best to assure our guests have a nice stay, and I'm glad we were responsive to your request. Our breakfast is always made fresh in our guest kitchen from the beginning of the breakfast until the end, daily and sheets and towels are washed and replaced daily. Regarding the soap it is always available to our guests at the front desk and I apologize that it wasn't sent up to your room as requested. Our beds are upgraded Hyatt Grand beds, which are the best Hyatt has to offer. We hope you have the opportunity to try the hotel again the next time you are in the area.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending training nearby.

It seems to cater for mostly business clients as most people were decked off in suits etc.

Staff very professional and seemed well trained - a bit formal, but I would take formal over rude and unfriendly any day.

Rooms were modern and clean, beds very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt P, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We greatly appreciate your review. I hope your training went well. I'm glad to hear your stay was positive and you enjoyed the staff. We do see a lot of business clients during the week, with the many corporations within 3 miles of the hotel. With the larger rooms, Hyatt Grand Bed, mini refrigerator, and 42" HDTV, help our guests feel welcome and at home. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was my third stay at this Hyatt Place. Once again it was a full house, yet the breakfast in the morning ran smoothly. Rooms were nicely appointed. Two beds and a comfortable couch, big flat screen TV. Refrigerator was handy for keeping beverages and snacks cold. Staff is very friendly. This hotel was remodeled a few years ago and all of the changes have been for the good. Hotel shuttle van took several folks over to a nearby bus stop so they could catch an express bus to Wrigley Field. Located near a huge mall and a microbrewery. Easy highway access and a short ride (in the non traffic hours) to O Hare airport. Location, amenities, and service are all worth the modest price. Will stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your continued stays at the Hyatt Place Chicago-Schaumburg. We greatly appreciate it. Our staff is wonderful and work very hard to assure the breakfast runs smoothly. With the larger rooms, either king or double bedded room, a 42" HDTV that swivels for viewing on the Cozy Corner Sleeper or the bedroom, mini refrigerator, the rooms had all the amenities needed. The hotel shuttle runs within 3 miles of the hotel so our guests can enjoy the local shopping, dining, and yes, will take guests to the local bus depot so you can take a bus to Wrigley Field for a game. We look forward to welcoming you and your group back to the hotel soon.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is very modern with nice, spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast was very good as well. The staff were professional and the hotel is located in a nice area near shopping and good restaurants.

My husband and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to your liking. Our spacious rooms, and upgraded Hyatt Grand Beds allows our guests a great sleep experience so they can wake refreshed and ready to tackle the day. Our staff is professional and you are right, the shopping is next to none, with IKEA and the Woodfield Mall across the street. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon

Been to Hyatt Place Schaumburg? Share your experiences!