You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall to your Saves list
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed for one night here. The women at the desk was very welcoming and overly helpful with anything that we needed. 2 hours in the room we get a phone call asking if everything is ok an if we needed anything. GREAT customer service. The room was clean and we had all we needed to cook a meal except for paper towels which really wasnt that bad. The only thing that was bothersome was since it was windy outside the cable channels were going in an out the whole time. We brought our DVD player and rented movies so this helped with that. Other than that this place is great.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cece3462

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

It is the cheapest hotel I have stayed in many years. I am here since over a week now and play to be here for four more weeks as part of my relocation to Chicago. The hotel has been recently renovated....for $60 a night...this place is clean, well maintained, very conveniently located and good value for money...offers free gym at several leading gyms in the area...one is right behind.

Room Tip: Go top floor....for silence
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Plainfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just stayed here a couple nights ago and was very surprised with how awful this hotel is carried. First walked in waited at the desk for about twenty minutes for the guy to come up... He comes up and was super unfriendly and just was trying to get us whatever we needed to get out of his way. We stayed in a queen 1 bedroom.. Walked in and it smelt like MOLD! Awful horrible smell. We went and asked for febreeze, opened the window.. went out to dinner came back and it was worse! Went to the front desk and he basically could care less well I started to stay something about a refund and then he was like we can put you in a different room.. He put us in another room the smell was okay in the new room but stains all over the counter top, just not put together at all. Was very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jactay2013
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This extended stay was very clean and appears new. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and everything worked as they should. We only stayed 3 nights so there was no house keeping. It is very close to a nice mall. If there are more than 2 people in your party bring your our plates and cups etc, they only provide 2 of each in the kitchen.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed out stay at this hotel. The customer service, led by Theresa, is truly top notch. The staff addresses you by name, and they go out of their way to ensure your comfort. Our king bed suite was super clean, remodeled, and well laid out allowing our family of four to rest, interact, and eat quite comfortably. The location near Woodfield mall, Golf Rd., airport, etc makes the location very convenient. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have stayed at many Extended Stay hotels and are never disappointed. This hotel was in a great area. The lobby and rooms were newly renovated and tastefully decorated. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Since we were traveling with small children, it was also convenient to have a kitchenette in the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Woodfield area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLCE
Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been traveling for the past 10 years and I have stayed over 1000 nights in hotels all over the world. I thought I had seen the good the bad and the ugly regarding hotels...well..let me tell you..I was WRONG.
I have stayed in extended stay places before, so i decided to stay on this one this time due to the proximity to my associate´s home. Anyway, I asked the front desk if they could schedule a cleaning of my room. These places clean your room once a week, I wanted it cleaned on Wednesday or Thursday (I arrived on Sunday). They did and the room was cleaned on Thursday, and to my surprise, when I got back from the office I realize that my ipad was missing. The charger and the usb cable were plugged on the outlet but no iPad. I go to the front desk and inform the person there of the situation....he tells me that he will speak to the manager. I give the benefit of the doubt, thinking I took it to work and left it there (I knew I didn´t but I thought that MAYBE I did) Went to work the next day...no iPad in the office. I was told on Friday that I had to file a police report. I did. I was able to speak to the manager on Monday. He said that he would file the complaint to "corporate". I got a call from some insurance company saying that they were sorry but since there was no "hard and convincing" evidence that my ipad was stolen (in other words..I am full of crap) that they could not reimburse me or anything. The Schaumburg police called me, some detective, and said pretty much the same thing. The manager also told me that he was sorry but...I was screwed.
I asked them NOT to clean my room any more for the rest of my stay..but they decided that my needs were not to be considered as important, and they went in my room AGAIN and cleaned it AGAIN (probably the same crew that stole my ipad).
I have 4 tools that I need to work. My iphone, my camera (Nikon D700 with a Micro Nikkor 105mm Macro lens), my uncluttered mind and my ipad mini. Now here I was, missing a very important tool nad not being able to perform at my fullest. I felt cheated, I felt like a second or third class guest, and I ended up at the mac store at Woodfield Mall spending 500 bucks I had not planned to spend to purchase a new ipad min i (the stolen one was only 4 months old).
DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT STAY HERE...IF something happens...no one is to blame and no one is responsible....There is no accountability. I feel like cursing...but I wont.

Room Tip: There is no reason to stay here...there are other options in Schaumburg.....RUN FROM THIS PLACE...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business