“Great staff, Needs More Updates than the New Sign” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest

You added Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 East Algonquin Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173 (Formerly Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great staff, Needs More Updates than the New Sign”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Positives:

Extremely accommodating staff

Cons:

After having to switch 3 times in 2 days, it was a long few days.

First room - toilet was so loud that we thought someone else was in the room before we opened the door the first time. Within 2 minutes – there were 4 more blasts of hissing and loud noises that we went back to the front desk to ask for another.

Second room – again with the toilet (my husband fixed it and put the chain back on) and then the AC stopped working. It was so hot overnight that we requested a new room the next morning.

Third room - best of the three where the toilet was working and the AC worked, but the walls were so thin we could hear everything going on in the next room and there was a gap in the door to the hallway – you could see people walking in the hallway!

I’m usually pretty okay with hotels and have never had to change rooms before –but this place wasn’t the normal standard that we have come to expect from Wyndham Garden hotels. With the plethora of hotels around the outskirts of Chicago, this isn’t the option I would choose again.

Room Tip: better options nearby
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here in early May, i got greeted emedietly as I walked through the door. We were given a great room that included a microwave and a refrigerator, a wonderful view and a quiet area. The front desk answered all my calls and assisted me with things I needed including towels and shampoo, they made me feel very comfortable and safe. The mananger was the best, very friendly and accomodating. The restaurant staff were very friendly and had smiles all the time. The housekeeping staff were very nice and maintained everything clean! Overall great stay! Wyndham Garden you have the GREATEST employees! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: High Floor towards beautiful pond
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is an older property that has had some remodeling done. While the double room was small, it had nice bedding, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a desk area. A comfortable chair would be a good addition.
The bathroom was also small. Our sink had a crack in it, and The toilet took a long time to flush. When we had a problem with our room, we were immediately switched to a different one. Breakfast was included and was a nice buffet with hot and cold items. The evening we checked in there was only one person working the desk. Between other guests and frequent phone calls, he should have had help.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Auburndale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a difference a year makes. Employees at the front desk "could not care less" you are there. The air conditioner did not work (we set it on 60 for 3 days and it cooled a little the 3rd day). We reported this problem to the front desk, while reporting NO shampoo and no cups for coffee. Their response - "May we go in your room right now?" The electrical outlet in the bathroom pulled from the wall when disconnecting my hair dryer. We were questioned as to our room number when we went for coffee in the restaurant and the Nachos I ordered ($13.00) were terrible. Don't believe there will be a return visit in my future.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Reena T, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on room condition particularly with the air conditioning system. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I stayed here 6 nights and found it to be one of the best deals in the Chicago Area. What really made it stand out was the outstanding service given for any issue or need for help.
We would like to really thank the Desk Manager Maria for going beyond good customer service.
Now that I have said all of this, this facility is a bit dated but it has new owners who are actually doing something about it. Because of this, the service of all the staff truly made our stay wonderful in every way. The breakfasts were great, its location is great, the parking is FREE.
The room was big, well cared for and stocked properly. I would absolutely stay again when ever we are in the Chicago area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Michael H,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service to all of our guests. Your kind words help and encourage us to keep moving in that direction.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is an ok hotel. The location is good close to the freeway and not far from my corporate office. They have done some updates to the hotel, but the property could be better cared for. The grounds could use some sprucing up and the common areas could be better cared for. The rooms have some updates, but the bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Brewerboy83,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and accommodating . On the other hand, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the grounds and the common areas. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

We booked for a king sized bed. Upon our arrival, found out it was 2 double beds. When we complained, they said since we booked through a booking agency (trip advisor) we got what they had at that price. ??? The room was clean, outdated but clean.The fan for the heater didn't work. The breakfast menu was already used. And while the online site said free breakfast it is not. Very upset. But when passing through, I guess you get what you get. We won't stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Srhill,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide convenient and comfortable service to our guests. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon..

Been to Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!