“You had at first step of the second I saw the room...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1725 East Algonquin Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #22 of 25 hotels in Schaumburg
Wheaton, Illinois
“You had at first step of the second I saw the room...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wow! Everything I need in a get-a-way/stay and then some. The tub/jacquzzi (sp) is a first for Me of the Hotel stays I've been apart of. Awesome idea and based on my get-a-ways; I've not seen anything like this...Genius!! The staff is Fantastic (Kevin, Anthony, & Antonio-madrugada!)

Room Tip: Whatever you're looking for, they have, just ask.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Loved this hotel except for the price of the beakfast buffet. It was $9.95 per person regardless of age. The breakfast itself was an upgrade from most "free breakfast" hotels.Some packages are available that do include the breakfast so you may want to weigh the price difference. I did not see any restaurant nearby lke a Bob Evans or Waffle House or even a McDonald's so it was convenient to eat there.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and it was quiet the first night. However, the second night there were youn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Prior to booking I read the other reviews (at the time) and I must say I had some reservations about booking, but the "last minute" price was right and the location seemed optimal. Glad I took the "risk." The clerks at check-in & check-out were very friendly and professional, respected my room requests, and even said "welcome back" when I returned to the hotel after dinner with a colleague. The elevator and aspects of the bathroom were a bit worn / dated, but the balance of the room was new, spotless, functional and business friendly. The bed was not over the top, but quite comfortable. The ergo desk chair perfect. Lighting and furniture were sufficient and comfortable; room decor was really well thought out and attractive. Having a small refrigerator and microwave with a coffee machine was great! Free wi-fi and available hot breakfast ($9.99) were helpful. There is PLENTY of good, safe parking. Great access to highway and ORD. I expect once the restaurant / bar reopens next week this property will be busier.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor room facing the pond in back. It's a little further from the elevator but w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BWPlusSchaumburg, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks so much for staying with us and for your feedback. We are glad that your experience with us was good and our remodeling is not 100% done yet, so we hope you come back and have an even more enjoyable stay!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've traveled to many parts of the world and have experienced all sorts of different hotels and conditions. I'm not saying people's experiences in the past were invalid, but I can say that the hotel is clean, smells good, and serves its purpose, especially when the hotels around ORD airport and totally full. I appreciated the friendly staff and the general manager, Jin Park, was extremely cordial. They came through when the airlines and ORD could not. Kudos!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we hope that you come back soon!
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We rented two rooms and stayed two night. My friend was initially located far away from me. Upon request, they immediately moved her right next door to me. I had a wonderful view of the lake and walking path. Each morning we took a walk around the lake. It was fun to watch the different types of birds that landed there. We walked to our conference at a neighboring hotel. The staff recommended seceral restaraunts that were located near by. We also utilized the shuttle service when going out to eat or going to the mall. We even called for the shuttle from our conference on a rainy day. The shuttle driver was very friendly and always greeted us with a smile. One. iChat he worked past his scheduled work time to pick us up, which we greatly appreciated. The hotel was clean, and the king size bed was very comfortable. The best part was that the staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BWPlusSchaumburg, Best Western plus Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center at BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I will make sure to tell our staff about your experience and will deliver the message with a copy of your comments to our shuttle driver. Our team loves to hear when we make a guests experience a wonderful one. Thank you again for your kind words, we hope to see you again in the future
yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I used this hotel for one night from the International Airport. Not too far away but not that easy to find. The welcoming at the desk as the checkout was far from overwelming. The room was ok a little dark and dated. Bed and pillows ok. Nice large flat screen tv. Room overlooked a small lake. There was an outdoor pool but covered in mid September. Plenty of parking space. Hot breakfast was included no more than ok!. Nothing to bring you back here but if it is convenient you will have a satisfactory stay! The staff do not seem motivated or very happy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
BWPlusSchaumburg, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review. I am sorry that we did not meet/exceed your expectations. Here at the Best Western Plus Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center, we strive to provide our guests with the most enjoyable lodging experience. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to all staff members and I hope that you come back and stay with us again for a much more enjoyable experience.

Again thank you for your comments, please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had read the reviews prior to going to this hotel and had felt that since I was staying only one night that I would bring my family here. This is a recent Best Western badged hotel. Used to be a Radisson. The room we were in was recently upgraded BUT that included only the beds (sleep number), TV and carpet. The bathroom was still old and in bad shape. I actually lost water pressure enough in the morning that the water stopped coming out of the nozzle on top. I had to stand in the shower for a couple of minutes while the pressure built back up again. The door to the hall did not have a dead bolt and the bar you slide over was only attached by one screw. The sliding door to the outside didn't even lock at all. Good thing we were on the 3rd floor. The elevators were running poorly and my wife and son almost got stuck. I like Best Western hotels in general. In fact I am a diamond elite member. This one however should not be a Best Western. Plus, if you are looking for a pool this hotels pool is located outside. That may make a difference. Stay somewhere else is my recommendation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!