“Location, location, location...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Atlanta
“Location, location, location...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of everything located in the Schaumburg area. It's within walking distance from shopping and restaurants alike. The exterior of the hotel needs a bit of TLC. Items like paint chipping from the exterior windows, canvas dispay sign with name "Stay Inn" hanging over the former hotel name, low ground hotel sign near the road - making it difficult to find, would have led me away from this hotel. However the interior was nice, clean and comfortable. The room was very clean and the beds were great. Their are no closets, but they do provide a armoire. The TV was an old (and I mean old) tube model from a company that is no longer in existance. The TV remote worked, if you worked with it. My biggest beef was that I had to move the bed and bed frame away from the wall to find an electrical outlet within 6 feet of the bed. Why all hotels do not have electrical outlets built into their bedside table lamps, I'll never know. The front desk staff were amazing. I was bumped up to an earlier flight and arrived in Chicago at 9:30 am. I called the front desk to advise and they had a room ready for my by the time I arrived. No sitting around in the lobby or finding something to do until 3 PM like some of the more snooty hotels. Overall, this was a clean and economical place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during a trip to see a Cubs game. The location was convenient, the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. There were many restaurants in the area to pick from for dinner. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had stayed in the property when it belonged to the Hampton Chain and it was getting "tired". The Stay Inn Folks have done a great job in freshening up the property, rooms and bed were very nice, clean and up to date. Front Desk staff were very pleasent and engaging. Only negative was the orange exterior security lights, our rooms were on 2nd floor facing the entrance and we were bathed in orange light all night. If you are light sensitive, might want to go to the 3rd or 4th floor and the side away from the entrance.

Room Tip: Check for location of security lights. Understand how room Heat/AC works before sleeping. Breakfas...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

After moving from Chicago to St. Louis, you can imagine that I travel back home Chicago's NW suburbs to visit my girlfriends as much as I can. I stayed here on a whim once two or three years ago, just because it was cheap and the reviews said it was clean. Frankly, on that trip all I needed was a cheap, clean place to stay and wasn't planning on being in the room much. I was so pleasantly surprised! The staff are great, the hotel is great, there's a breakfast in the morning, and the rooms are super SUPER clean and beds very comfortable. Now, this little place isn't super fancy, but I've started calling it my little gem and stay here every time I get away and drive up to Chicago to see friends. I really don't see the need to look elsewhere, because in probably 8 to 10 stays here, I've never had one problem and have been nothing but pleased with the service and amenities. Very quiet every time I've been there, there's a Target and Jewel (food store) right across the street, very convenient to Woodfield Mall and all its surrounding restaurants (probably less than half a mile away) and for a runner like me, the excellent Busse Woods trail is just a mile or two away - great place for a long run or to take the kids for a walk, as there's a new elk preserve there and you can get very close to them. I love this place, I love the price, and I'm going to keep coming back as my favorite low-key, underrated, great little find.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had to stay for one night only in Chicago and I did not want to spend an arm and a leg just for an overnight bed. Based on the fellow TripAdvisor reviewers I chose this hotel and I have to agree the reviews were accurate. The hotel is spotless, the personnel friendly, the surroundings quiet, perfect for a place to have a refreshing sleep. They also have a free breakfast included but I was in a hurry and did not have time to check it out. The only minus, and this is only if you want to go to downtown Chicago, is that the hotel is not as close (about a 30 minutes drive to the Loop).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here last night (the 26th) as well as one other time back in July. Both experiences, the room was clean and very comfortable. One of the things i love the most about this hotel is the 12pm check-out time. Candice, at the front desk, was a delight! Definitely enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Stayed November 2012
Heather W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and the staff. I will pass this along to Candice! I hope that when in the area again you will chose this hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The people working here were fantastic and friendly. Next time I come to town I will stay here again. There is also great food nearby. Great place.

The only thing I would change is that the rooms could have used newer televisions. But it had free wifi!

• Stayed November 2012
Heather W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Joeuh,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. I am glad to hear that you will chose the Stay Inn when in the area again.
I look forward to seeing you again,
Heather

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg? Share your experiences!