“A severely dated hotel that is overpriced for what you get.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1939 North Meacham Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“A severely dated hotel that is overpriced for what you get.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel rooms are very, very dated. It felt as though I'd stepped into my grandmother's house. Our room was stated as non-smoking but had a distinct smell of stale smoke. The sheets on the pull-out bed had clearly not been changed. The air conditioning could not seem to keep our room cool. The mattresses are horrible! Some of the worst sleep I've gotten in years!

I counted 36 kids in the pool! It was virtually impossible to take my 3 year old swimming without getting kicked or splashed.

On a positive note, the hotel staff was very helpful and polite. The breakfast was well prepared and had a lot of options (omelette station, pancakes, bacon, potatoes, etc).

Due to all the problems with our room, I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We love Embassy Suites Schaumburg! My family and friends visit often because we live so close. From the moment you walk in the door, you get a warm fuzzy feeling. The check in process is quick so that my kids can get on their swim suits and go to the pool. After a few hours at the pool, we enjoy the manager's reception. The bar tender is awesome!!! He is so kind to my kids when they order their kiddie cocktails-very kidfriendly. Plus we enjoy their snacks they offer during the reception as well. There are several places to dine and shop at in the area. We even ordered salads from the hotel restaurant one time that were excellent (and big!). The breakfast in the morning is worth your while as well--even if you are trying to be healthy. They have egg white omlettes (if you prefer) that you can fill with any meat, veggies or cheese that you'd like. Plus fruits, pancakes, breads, breakfast meats and more! It is wonderful! Our last visit they let us check out at 1:15pm (late checkout) at no additional charge. We love embassy suites Schaumburg!

Room Tip: These rooms are huge! We ordered pizza one time and dined in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DOSESS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thanks again for giving us your feedback. We are glad you loved it here and we love to have you back sooner rather than later!

Wellington, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for the first time (from 11/17 - 11/24) and I was quite disappointed. I stayed at the Homewood Suites in my last visit to Schaumburg which was less expensive but amenities were much better there. The Embassy did not have a fully equipped kitchenette; there was no area or vending machine to get late nite snacks, no coffee in the reception area and the hotel looked worn. My only positive review is that the staff are very professional and friendly and it appeared they had an indoor pool which the families seemed to enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Clean hotel, reasonable sized rooms w/ fridge and microwave. Very good breakfast included (buffet and omelet station). Very convenient to Motorola and other businesses. Staff is helpful. A few years old, but well managed, because the facilities are clean and not worn. Great for a business stay in the area. We have stayed there three (3) times, and found it to be CONSISTENTLY good value.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DOSESS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I'm delighted to see, by the scores you have given us, that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This time just my husband and I stayed for the weekend. We had a lovely room on the top floor with a comfy bed and a living room area with a microwave, sink, & fridge. The front desk as well as the bell staff were very friendly and helpful. We needed directions...they looked up and printed them off mapquest for us, we needed some ammenities...no problem, had them ready nearly instantly for us...etc. The breakfast was really nice too. Hot breakfast with made to order omelets, fruit, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. all included. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for responding to our customer service survey. I'm delighted to see, by the scores you have given us, that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg.Thank you for all the great scores and we hope to see you return in the near future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is an old worn down Embassy Suites property that is in desperate need of some attention.
Where do I start?
Prior to check in I was advised that my meeting was extended which meant I needed to extend my reservation. Check in and I'm told it is not a problem. Wake up in the morning and my receipt is under the door. Ok, head down to the desk and the front desk clerk tells me not a problem and she will fix it in the computer. Leave the hotel for the better part of the day, return and the room is not made. About 10 minutes later, I get a call asking me when I'm leaving. I explained what I did earlier and she says "oh, you spoke with me earlier, I must have forgotten". 10 minutes later some guy appears at my door and asks if I want my room made up. Tired from a long day I say just give me some towels.

Now for the room:
The bathroom counter height is so low that I almost had to get on my knees to use it. Craziest thing I've ever seen....and it's not a handicapped room.

The carpet was filthy.

Old worn sofa and chair in the room. The cushions on the sofa might as well have been non existent. Terribly uncomfortable.

Small room overcrowded with furniture makes a large portion of the room unusable.

A visit to the pool proves to be a waste of time, small and filled with screaming kids.

The gift shop opens at 4:00. Those are real convenient hours for someone other then guests. Talk to the front desk, told those are the hours.

Overall a miserable stay at this worn down Embassy Suites.

Frankly, if this were the last hotel on the planet, I would drive home. Next time business brings me to Schaumburg this hotel will not be my selection.

• Stayed November 2012
Lynnwood, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I reserved a king non-smoking suite for a single night and guaranteed it with a credit card. When I arrived at the hotel at 11:00 PM, they informed me that since I was not there earlier they gave my non-smoking room to another guest, and only smoking rooms were available.

I later learned that they had called my home phone to ask if I still needed the room. I've never heard of such policy. If I reserve a room, with a credit card, I expect the room to be held. The policy is clear that if I don't cancel the room, they will charge me for the night if I don't show, that is a contract. They hold my room, and I have to pay for it unless cancelled 24 hours in advance.

On top of that, the microwave in my room trips the GFI breaker after 20 or 30 seconds. That may indicate that its not safe to use.

Ive stayed at several other Embassy Suites, and haven't had other issues.

Room Tip: Arrive early or they might give your room away
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield? Share your experiences!