“Will some one from Hilton Headquarters please visit this property!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1939 North Meacham Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
“Will some one from Hilton Headquarters please visit this property!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This is an old worn down Embassy Suites property that is in desperate need of some attention.
Where do I start?
Prior to check in I was advised that my meeting was extended which meant I needed to extend my reservation. Check in and I'm told it is not a problem. Wake up in the morning and my receipt is under the door. Ok, head down to the desk and the front desk clerk tells me not a problem and she will fix it in the computer. Leave the hotel for the better part of the day, return and the room is not made. About 10 minutes later, I get a call asking me when I'm leaving. I explained what I did earlier and she says "oh, you spoke with me earlier, I must have forgotten". 10 minutes later some guy appears at my door and asks if I want my room made up. Tired from a long day I say just give me some towels.

Now for the room:
The bathroom counter height is so low that I almost had to get on my knees to use it. Craziest thing I've ever seen....and it's not a handicapped room.

The carpet was filthy.

Old worn sofa and chair in the room. The cushions on the sofa might as well have been non existent. Terribly uncomfortable.

Small room overcrowded with furniture makes a large portion of the room unusable.

A visit to the pool proves to be a waste of time, small and filled with screaming kids.

The gift shop opens at 4:00. Those are real convenient hours for someone other then guests. Talk to the front desk, told those are the hours.

Overall a miserable stay at this worn down Embassy Suites.

Frankly, if this were the last hotel on the planet, I would drive home. Next time business brings me to Schaumburg this hotel will not be my selection.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lynnwood, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I reserved a king non-smoking suite for a single night and guaranteed it with a credit card. When I arrived at the hotel at 11:00 PM, they informed me that since I was not there earlier they gave my non-smoking room to another guest, and only smoking rooms were available.

I later learned that they had called my home phone to ask if I still needed the room. I've never heard of such policy. If I reserve a room, with a credit card, I expect the room to be held. The policy is clear that if I don't cancel the room, they will charge me for the night if I don't show, that is a contract. They hold my room, and I have to pay for it unless cancelled 24 hours in advance.

On top of that, the microwave in my room trips the GFI breaker after 20 or 30 seconds. That may indicate that its not safe to use.

Ive stayed at several other Embassy Suites, and haven't had other issues.

Room Tip: Arrive early or they might give your room away
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and always feel like its one of the better hotels in the Schaumburg area. It's a little pricey at times but its in a nice location. The service is great. The manager reception which includes free drinks and snacks happens 7 days a week. Most hotels only have it M-F. One of the best free breakfast you can get. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The exercise room has state of the art equipment. It looks like the installed carpet throughout the hotel but the fixtures in the room need to be replaced. Also the TV remotes didn't work well but that really didn't ruin my stay. I would recommend this hotel for trips with or without kids.

• Stayed October 2012
DOSESS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for responding to our customer service survey. I'm delighted to see, by the scores you have given us, that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg.Thank you for all the great scores and we hope to see you return in the near future!

Tino Villasenor
Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites Schaumburg
faustino.villasenor@hilton.com
847-241-5412
Tea, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here three nights. It is an old hotel, but very well maintained. Staff was very accommodating. .At five a.m., the workout room had always been cleaned, and towels, etc were restocked.

Not having a car, I ate at the hotel restaurant for four meals. Surprisingly affordable. And good!

One tip,if you are going to use the exercise room, get down there right at 5 a.m. they do not have a lot of machines, and were always full within five minutes of opening.

• Stayed October 2012
DOSESS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for responding to our customer service survey. I'm delighted to see, by the scores you have given us, that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg. Thank you for all the great scores and we hope to see you return in the near future!
Kirkwood, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The reviews saying this is a dated hotel are a little too critical. It's an older hotel and the open atrium is styled with a Spanish architecture, intentionally making it appear older. There's some normal wear seen in the rooms and some of the fixtures are older, but it's perfectly functionable, clean and comfortable. My experience with the staff was limited, but I had no complaints at all.

I'd not hesitate to stay here again. Good location and met my expectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate our service, your thoughts are important to us. We are especially pleased when they are positive.I will be sure to share them with our entire Embassy Suites Schaumburg team! We look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We thought it was great, older hotel but well cared for! We had a minor mishap upon check in and were given a room that already had someone else's stuff in it but the front desk took care of it and were very apologetic. The pool is wonderful, perfect temperature. The breakfast and manager's reception were great, really good food! When we asked for extra towels, pillows, and an extra blanket they were very quick to bring them to our room. We loved it here and will can't wait to come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we arrived our room had been given away to somebody else. Although we could proof that we had booked the specific room (in writing) they did not want to give us the room. Instead we had to wait until the manager arrived (3 hours later). The Manager admitted that they had made a mistake and we finally could check in our room.
We did not get two bottles of water nor a welcome letter from the manager.
Breakfast is terrible! Bacon and sausage are cold and burned, does not make a difference what time you have your breakfast. Their gast coin laundry is an open space, which means that everybody can mess up your laundry. Managers reception is dirty as people pick their food with their hands instead of using the tongs. Obviously the staff is not checking on hygienic conditions. Food spils on the floor does not get cleaned until the managers reception has ended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield? Share your experiences!