This is an old worn down Embassy Suites property that is in desperate need of some attention.
Where do I start?
Prior to check in I was advised that my meeting was extended which meant I needed to extend my reservation. Check in and I'm told it is not a problem. Wake up in the morning and my receipt is under the door. Ok, head down to the desk and the front desk clerk tells me not a problem and she will fix it in the computer. Leave the hotel for the better part of the day, return and the room is not made. About 10 minutes later, I get a call asking me when I'm leaving. I explained what I did earlier and she says "oh, you spoke with me earlier, I must have forgotten". 10 minutes later some guy appears at my door and asks if I want my room made up. Tired from a long day I say just give me some towels.
Now for the room:
The bathroom counter height is so low that I almost had to get on my knees to use it. Craziest thing I've ever seen....and it's not a handicapped room.
The carpet was filthy.
Old worn sofa and chair in the room. The cushions on the sofa might as well have been non existent. Terribly uncomfortable.
Small room overcrowded with furniture makes a large portion of the room unusable.
A visit to the pool proves to be a waste of time, small and filled with screaming kids.
The gift shop opens at 4:00. Those are real convenient hours for someone other then guests. Talk to the front desk, told those are the hours.
Overall a miserable stay at this worn down Embassy Suites.
Frankly, if this were the last hotel on the planet, I would drive home. Next time business brings me to Schaumburg this hotel will not be my selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg / Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites