“Great Hotel - Fantastic Employees!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Hotel - Fantastic Employees!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Marriott Schaumburg provided great service and exceeded all of our expectations. When they learned I was in town to audition for a TV show, Daniela and Marsela sent up a fruit basket wishing me luck! Thanks ladies!

The room was very clean and amenities galore! I highly recommend the Marriott Schaumburg. Mr. Marriott had this facility in mind when he created the franchise.

Room Tip: Hotel has a great lobby and the rooms are very clean. However, there's no tub to take a bubble b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Wow, pretty exciting that we were hosting a potential TV star! Thank you very much for the very nice comments about the cleanliness of our hotel and all of our amenities. Your recognition of Daniela and Marsela, who went the extra mile to provide a personal touch to your stay is much appreciated. We hope the audition went well and that we will be seeing you again soon ...here or on TV!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed this weekend for a workshop. Room was very clean and comfortable with flat screen HD TV. Wi-fi free in lobby but $10/day in room. expected it to be fee. Free parking. Close to Woodfield Mall and restaurants. Good location to highway for access to Chicago and north.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thanks very much for staying with us during your workshop. We are glad to see that our accommodations provided all you needed for a comfortable stay. Thanks also for mentioning how convenient our location is to area shopping, restaurants, and all that Chicago has to offer. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Too far from downtown chicago with traffic. $9.99 starting price for WiFi. I expect free WiFi from hotels. Pool is ok. Restaurant is too pricey. No restaurants close by. Overall...meh. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
We are very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the traffic heading into downtown Chicago and that you did not approve of our restaurant and Wi-Fi pricing. Actually, our pricing is quite favorable when compared to other hotels in our area. Many of the over 200 restaurants in Schaumburg are within 5 minutes of our hotel and we offer free shuttle service to all of them. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you. We hope you will reconsider and join us for a more enjoyable future stay.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The food at the hotel was awesome, thanks to chef Julio.

The staff manager Schaun was the very polite and helpful. I had been under the weather and they went the extra mile to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

A big thank you to intern Alex at the bar and restaurant. It was simply an awesome stay.

Thank you all very much and l would like to come back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are well insultated from noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
We are all very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that several individual members of our staff went out of their way to provide that extra touch of personal care and service that made you more comfortable when you were a bit under the weather. I hope you are feeling better and will return to see us again soon. Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott - Schaumburg for a nearby conference. My experience was mixed, so I am not going to say if my stay was good or bad overall (I'm still not sure), but I have some suggestions for room choice should you plan to stay there.

I am a bit of a light sleeper and don't like a lot of noise in general. One side of the hotel faces the IL-53 / I-290 highway. This is a busy road at all hours, and there is a significant amount of road noise in the room from the road. If you can sleep through anything, it probably will not both you. If you sleep lightly, bring your earplugs if you are on that side of the hotel.

The rooms are along one large hall in the tower (there is another smaller section of rooms not in the tower). The elevator is at one end of the long hall -- higher numbered rooms closer to the elevator. On the other end, behind some doors that for some reason frequently are left open, are the service elevators. So if you stay at a high number room (30's), you will have a lot of traffic by your door. If you stay at a low number room, then you will hear the service elevator dings at all hours. This includes at 6 AM when housekeeping starts rolling carts out of the elevators to begin their day.

In summary, if you want a quiet room and are in the tower, I have 2 suggestions:
1> Request an ODD number room. Those are not facing the highway.
2> Request a "middle" room -- I would say somewhere in the range of 15-25 (so for 7th floor, that would be 715-725)

Service and quality in the restaurant for breakfast was very good. Rooms are clean and in good, updated shape. Bar service was good, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby. WIFI was good and stable. So the hotel is a solid choice.

While the service was generally very good, there were some oddities, hopefully one-time flukes, that is not really affecting my rating. A few days before arriving, I received an email from a Marriott rep basically asking if I am definitely going to show up for my rooms as they were sold out. I have never experienced that before, and have stayed at sold out hotels before. So it was "odd". Also I had booked 2 rooms. At check-in, my colleague who was going to have the 2nd room had not arrived. I was told that my colleague could just give them my name and that was all that was needed. When my colleague arrived later, he was denied a room for not having the reservation number, a "security precaution". This caused some problems for some time at check in, but was finally resolved when "logic" finally dawned on the front desk staff. Again, a unique case, but the staff needs to get on the same page at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate the fact that you descibed our hotel services, restaurant quality, and guest room cleanliness as very good and our hotel as a "solid choice." Your analysis of our guestroom layout was quite detailed and could be helpful to "light sleepers", but I think the noise factor was a bit overstated. With regard to your colleague's check-in experience, we are very careful about security so it is no surprise that your colleague was not able to check in to a guest room by giving someone else's name. I am sorry you were misinformed, but I am pleased that our security procedures were properly executed. Many thanks for taking the time to write. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Priceline.com hooked me up with this wonderful hotel. My offer was way under the value of this 3 1/2 star hotel. Perfect location and very friendly and accommodating staff! Rooms seem to be recently renovated with very comfortable beds!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Many thanks for your kind words about the comfort of our hotel and the service provided by our staff. If you were here for business at nearby corporate offices, shopping at Legoland or Westfields Mall, or simply for relaxation I am glad you found our location to be so convenient. We look forward to seeing you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pros:

Clean - extremely
Staff - professional & polite
Restaurant - pretty good... ESPECIALLY for a hotel restaurant
Gym - really good for a hotel gym, about ten cardio machines etc.
Erol - I am unsure of his position but this guy drives the shuttle (I'm sure he does more but that was the extent of my interaction with him). He recommended good restaurants, took me to Target (forgot to pack some supplies) etc. And all with a smile. This guy is great.
Housekeeping - kept the room very clean.

Cons:

None really. My key card kept losing its charge and I had to keep getting it rescanned... this was annoying but sometimes those systems are finicky so it's not a big deal.

Overall:

This hotel gets a lot of business traffic (just go in the lobby at 730am on a weekday and you will see for yourself LOL) and you can tell they are one of the top performing Marriotts in the country.

Room Tip: This hotel is at minimum 30 minutes from downtown. If you're here for travel then it is a great...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
We certainly appreciate the kind words about our hotel, restaurant, and fitness center as well as our convenient location to area shopping and many local corporate offices. We especially thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our associates-especially Erol, who is one of our bellmen. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Chicago Marriott Schaumburg? Share your experiences!