“Many unexpected benefits” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Florida
“Many unexpected benefits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

You may be tempted to write off this property as a faded rose, but you would be mistaken. Here are some of the unexpected benefits of this Marriott. Free Parking, Well equipped gym, nice pool area with showers, coin laundry and for platinum level guests, an excellent concierge lounge.

The last time I was in Schaumburg I stayed at the courtyard, but this time decided to stay at a full service Marriott. I normally do not do that as you often pay more and get less. Not so at this Marriott. The rate was the same as the courtyard and it definitely had more benefits. The gym was pretty good for a hotel gym saving me a $30 fee at the local Lifetime Fitness. Marriott's almost always charge for parking but not this property. The pool area is right next to the gym and it had a nice shower. I always hate going up the elevator in smelly workout clothes. At this property I was able to take a shower before retuning tot the room.

The biggest surprise was the well stocked and run Concierge Lounge. Usually these are not worth the time but at this hotel there is charming lady who runs the breakfast and she made my day every morning. In addition to the normal American breakfast fare, they included strawberries and the fruit offering. I really appreciated that. The coffee was excellent saving me a trip and the cost of Starbucks.

Assuming the rate is the same, I'll be returning to this Marriott the next time I am in Schaumburg.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you wonderful comments and great scores regarding our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and in particular with the woman in the concierge lounge. She as well as the entire staff has a passion for what they do. They are truly our most valuable asset. We have made changes in the concierge lounge based on feedback we receive from our guest. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and hope that you choose the Schaumburg Marriott.

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Spent 3 nights recently while on a business trip.

The room I had was in great shape. Nicely appointed and maintained. Everything in working order.

The room had a large flat screen TV, king bed, coffee maker, safe, ironing board and iron. There were a bunch of pillows on the bed, so I think everyone a should be able to find one comfortable for them. The bed was very soft too.

The only negative was the highway noise at night. Not too loud, but noticeable.

Breakfast was ok. They have an omelet station where you can have your eggs cooked to order.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank eldeesilver
I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest experience a wonderful one. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and appreciate you choosing our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family and I just stayed at this hotel and were put on the first floor (pool level below lobby level). My wife found little bugs in the room and crawling on the hallway ceiling. Since we had two rooms and my wife wanted to move both rooms. They were able to provide us with one room to move too on an upper floor but said they did not have a second room available. Needless to say my wife threw a fit and suddenly another room become available like two minutes after my wife hung up with the desk. We saw these bugs in the lobby and in the little coffee area in the lobby as well as crawling on a couple of chairs in the bar area. While we were told these were seasonal bug and harmless it is just not something you like to see in the hotel. The staff was annoyed that my wife wanted to change over these 'seasonal' bugs. Mixed reviews of front desk staff as some were very friendly and others were not. Manager tried to resolve issue by comping us one night but only for one of the rooms. Should have comp'd us for two nights - one at each room.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first couple of floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelfanatic11
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I would like to apologize to you on behalf of the entire staff regarding your issues. Our goal to make every guest experience a wonderful experience, and this is the anomaly, not the norm. In regards to the insects they are seasonal and similar to lady bugs. We value and appreciate your feedback. I have discussed this with our team and evaluated what we could have done better. I hope that you give us another opportunity when visiting the area.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great Location for Schaumburg based business travel. Central to everything, the Marriot has a fantastic program set up for it's rewards members. There is a concierge on the 14th floor with free breakfast, coffee all day and a "happy hour" with free finger food and non alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is available at a minimal charge. In the concierge there is a computer and internet access. The hotel has free and fee based wireless and each room has a set up for laptops and other business devices, complete with outlets and internet cable connections.
I have a business hub next door so it is my hotel of choice in the chicago area.
Great staff as well, can arrange transportation to the airport or around town with a high level of speed and efficiency.

1 Thank Johnny R
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. Your comments regarding that staff are true, they genuinely care and it shows. They are the most valuable asset that we have. I have shared your comments with the team, and we all look forward to your next visit with us.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was a great hotel for business travelers and meetings. We had meetings at a near-by office building. The hotel has a great gathering area and lobby. The bar was very well staffed and great each night. The restaurant was very good as well. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. I had no complaints at all.

1 Thank 10ecvol
I would like to thank you for all the wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest stay a wonderful experience. I have shared your wonderful comments with the team, and they are all very excited. Our staff is truly the most valuable asset we have, and it shows as they genuinely care about our guest. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After a five hour drive, I arrived at the hotel to check-in. The front desk employee told me that I my room was a hospitality suite (read: conference room) and that it had a pull-out sofa that I could sleep on. I asked for a room with a proper bed and he apologized that there weren't any available. I was confused because there was no mention of sleeping on a sofa bed when I made my reservation last week.

Following dinner, I returned to the front desk to again request a room with a bed. Same employee told me that there were absolutely no rooms with beds available. Fortunately, his supervisor was able to find one. And, I was promptly moved to a stinky king-sized room. I suspect it was a smoking room. Grateful for the bed, I made no further requests. However, I have no desire to return to this property. Not sure that I would book at a Marriott again if I could avoid it.

Room Tip: Double-check that your room has a real bed before arrival. Also, if you're going to arrive late...
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marquez
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
On behalf of all of us at the hotel I would like to apologize for your experience. Your visit was not the norm but more the anomaly. I have addressed the issue with the individuals. As for your comment about the new room, we are a non smoking hotel, and I have asked the team to follow up on the smoking smell.

We realize that you have many choices when traveling and hope that you give us another opportunity when you are in the Schaumburg area.
sharon, wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I hosted a party at the Schaumburg Marriott last weekend, including event space, dinner, sleeping rooms, bar and dessert table. I can't remember the last time I've experienced this level of support and customer-focused attitudes throughout a hotel. Denise Engelmann, Director of Social Catering, is simply superb. Her entire staff were helpful, polite, professional and timely in all levels of support (especially Jorge, Julio, Julio Jr. and Rey). Chef Emo Petito overachieved in every area of the dinner. I had several guests compliment me on the food, many saying their strip steak was the best steak they'd ever eaten.

The sleeping rooms were beautiful, clean and roomy. The suite was magnificent. The valet parking was perfect.

I've been fortunate enough to lodge at Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons hotels in my career and personal life. The service, food and overall experience at the Schaumburg Marriott is at the top of my list.

My sincere thanks to the entire Hotel team!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. I have shared them with the team. Our associates are truly the most valuable asset any organization can have. We look forward to your next visit.