“dont take a room on first floor” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
chicago
“dont take a room on first floor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

very noisy and a very small room. the AC didn't work well. when I told the front desk about the AC she stared blankly at me. I feel sorry for the next person who gets that room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. Our goal is to make ever guest experience a great one. It seems that we did not accomplish this during your visit. I have spoken to the team and addressed your concerns. I hope that you give us another opportunity to accommodate you during your next visit to the area. Please fell free to contact me directly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Troy, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a very nice time this past weekend at this hotel. Location is perfect as we have ton of family in this area, as well as friends that we visit often.
From helping staff, to clean rooms, and from excellent bar to pretty good breakfast, everything was right on the money.
The only negative was, they gave our room to another visitor too, and they walked in our room as we were just settling in. But they corrected the problem without any hassle, and offered hearty apology.
I will come back here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I would like to take this time to thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel. From the cleanliness to the bar we always look forward to a great guest experience. On your comment about the hotel staff, the staff is the heart and soul of any hotel and our staff a truly the most valuable asset that we have. They are the ones that always deserve so much credit. We look forward to your next visit to the area when you are visiting friends and family.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I took my wife here for a weekend in Schaumburg, the staff was extremely rude and the service was terrible.

I would not recomend this hotel to anyone

There are so many hotels in Schaumburg, pass this one by

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may discuss your recent stay in more detail. Our goal is always to make our guest stay a special one. I look forward to speaking with you.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had a pretty good stay at the Marriott Schaumburg. Good location near the Woodfield Mall, lots of shopping and chain restaurants. The hotel is nicely updated, rooms are little small but clean and comfortable. The beds are wonderful. The bar has excellent service and great food.

Light sleepers beware - Rooms on the even side of the hotel face the expressway. Even on the 7th floor with the A/C set on fan, I could still hear every loud truck and motorcycle. They were able to move me the next night - a world of difference. Also, like in the previous posts, they charge $8.95 for internet. That keeps me from rating this location higher.

Room Tip: Avoid even # rooms if you can
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing the Schaumburg Marriott for recent stay in the area. I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel along with the service you received while staying with us. I would like to apologize for the issue with noise from the expressway. We have several people stay on that side with no issues. We will be looking into what room you stayed in to make sure that it was not with that particular room. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times for conferences and the hotel is pretty much what you expect from a conference hotel. The rooms and public areas were clean and well maintained, and the meeting rooms were at a comfortable temperature. The staff were friendly and helpful, but not intrusive. I ate at the restaurant for one meal, and would suggest ordering a pizza. I'd never had a St. Louis style pizza and found the crisp, cracker-like crust to be delightful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very glad to hear that you have stayed with us on more than one occassion. We truley value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this Marriott from time to time for business, its always clean, and employs a hard working staff, even down to the car service they introduced me to, Al from ALS car service, knows things about Chicago that historians don't know......always fun. My favorite Marriott!

• Stayed May 2012
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your great comments. We a very happy to here that we are your favorite Marriott, as there is so many great hotels in Marriott. Our staff is truly our most valuable asset. We look forward to your next visit. Our goal is to make every guest experience a memorable one.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Got this $109 room for $50 on Priceline... the hotel is beautiful, the room a bit small but newly updated. Overpriced at the full rate but a great deal at less than half price. Beware, you will have to pay $10 for internet per day... every other hotel chain gives it away...when will they learn? Maybe that's why I could get the room for a song...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for your great comments about the hotel. In particular your comments in regards to our cleanliness, location, and overall room. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Chicago Marriott Schaumburg? Share your experiences!