“Best hotel in Schaumburg” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
New Jersey
“Best hotel in Schaumburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I attended the ATIA Conference at this beautiful modern hotel in October. The hotel is magnificent with rooms to match. When I arrived my bathrob awaited me on my bed. I especially liked the flat screen TV, which was built into the bathroom mirror. As a platinum member what was best of all was my access to one of the best members only 2-story lounge within steps of my room. Here I could enjoy complimentary breakbfast and evening snacks with a beautiful view. I could easily return here. I had one minor issue when checking out with a telephone charge, but, other than that it was great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed at this Renaissance for a large corporate conference that I was attending for the week. I loved everything about the hotel... the staff was excellent, the decor was fantastic, the food and bar was very good (a little pricey, but expected for a hotel bar/restaurant), and the room was very comfortable. There is shopping very close by that I was able to escape to from time to time. IKEA is just across the highway, as is a very large shopping mall.

Overall, this hotel was excellent! I made a return reservation while I was there for this March, just to visit IKEA and some of the other stores in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Justice, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Check -in was great, we checked in around 6:15pm, the customer service represenative at the front desk were very helpful,courteous and friendly. We were asked if we wanted our champaign brought up right away. By the time we got to our room, our server was at our door with excellent service. When it came to dinner though, we called down to see if we needed reservations, we were told it would be a 2 hour wait, we decided to order room service. we called for a menu to be brought up to our room.We waited 15 minutes, my husband called down to the front desk only to be told they were shortstaffed. About 20 minutes later the guy comes with the menu. we ordered steak and lobster and when it arrived, to our dissapointment the lobster was the size of shrimp and was very rubbery and way overcooked. my husband called to tell them about the lobster and was told that the manager would call back in 5 minutes. after 15 minutes he finally called. He offered us a bottle of wine which my husband declined. we were finally told that our meal would be free. It was nine oclock when we finally sat down to eat our dinner. This was really not the way i wanted to spend my anniversary. The breakfast was excellent and the server who waited on us was wonderful, I just wish I asked her name. I think if we decided to go again, we would definitly eat before we checked in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have stayed at several hotels in the Schaumburg area and this was by far the best one. I was very surprised when I arrived as this hotel truly stands out from the rest. The lobby is large and welcoming. The staff is attentive. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The built in tv in the bathroom is a unique touch. The restaurant insure is also great for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Ok, so I arrived in the middle of a snowstorm - straight from Orlando, FL, and I was cracking from the cold. But like a bright, friendly beacon there was my hotel for the night - the Schaumburg Renaissance. Big, but warm and cozy, with lots of open social space and work space and firepplaces. I was upgraded immediately to a nice big room with a great bathroom. Business ammenities were right on target and the Workout room was awesome. For its location this place is fantastic.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

From the time we pulled up and someone opened our car door, till check out, service was above and beyond. It was genuine, which made it so memorable. Unique flat-screen tv in the bathroom mirro was also a good memory. We were there for a conference and the food was excellent as well as the service. An excellent stay; start to finish.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We're Marriott card holders, so we try and stay at Marriott properties when we can. We knew the Renaissance was rather new and it was close to where we were going, so we booked it for 2 nights.

Having stayed at lots of business hotels over the years, I expected a very generic experience and got it. The room was really small - 240 sf. The room designers had worked some magic to try and put enough furniture and amenities into the room to try and make it seem worth the price.

It was okay and if I'd been traveling alone on business, it would have been fine. However, for two people, it presented some challenges, especially in the bathroom.

I can't rate a Marriott or Renaissance without mentioning my main gripe - $14.95 for internet access. Absolutely ridiculous. I know their business clientele could generally care less, but when we stay there for pleasure, it's a big turnoff.

One final word. Parking is a problem, especially if it's raining or cold. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the entrance. When the Chicago wind is blowing, it's not fun. Harry and Sam's restaurant shares the property and we parked in the lot next to the restaurant. It was a little closer to the building and although the length of the walk was the same, more of it was inside.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!