This was our third stay, and it was top notch with one glaring exception. We arrived at the Renaissance and I give high scores to the check-in desk staff had given my sister and I adjoining rooms, and had combined each of our consecutive stays into one. Unfortunately, the front desk went down from there. I had two gift cards, which came to more than my entire stay, but they charged the entire amount, (not the estimate). At the end of our stay, we still had a credit, and we returned to the front desk to make sure our gift card was refunded. After a wait, we were assured it was. But a few nights later, we learned our gift card still had a zero balance. A phone call Kevin D***y in accounting realized the mistake, and the next week, he Fed-Exed a new card with our outstanding balance. The e-folio took a month to arrive from Renaissance Schaumberg, and nearly a month later we still hadn't received Marriott Rewards Credit either. I spoke with kind Rob N. in Marriott Rewards Customer Relations who told me he couldn't import our bill into his system, but after phoning the Renaissance Schaumburg, he corrected the oversight and manually adjusted our bill. No automatic e-folio and no automatic Marriott Rewards credit worries me. Our other stays at other Marriott Properties in August produced both e-folios and Marriott Rewards Credit.
We took our laundry down on the first day, and they did not have it returned by 6 PM as was their guarantee. The front desk found the laundry, and they were also kind enough to send up a bottle of wine along with a cheese and cracker platter.
In addition to this, the room was successfully de-feathered upon our arrival, as stated in our profile. And having an adjoining room with my sister worked out nicely as well. The coffee pot was one of those one cup models, and they started out with one serving of regular and one serving of decaf, but they gave us more upon request. We really appreciated adjoining rooms! Our stay in 2012 had us ten floors apart.
I always find it strange that the Fairfield (bottom of the Marriott chain) gives free full breakfast and free internet in the rooms, but at the Renaissance, we have to pay extra for the breakfast and internet (it’s still free in a small part of the lobby).
Bell hop was slow, but not surprising with so many people checking in at once.
We love the fountains in front of the hotel, and hotel is connected to the convention center by a long hallway so we don’t have to go out into the elements. We also learned that the Renaissance has a shipping service, something which is a nice addition to those attending the Stitches conference attendees after visiting the market.
I knocked a star off the service due to the folio glitches, and I gave a lower score to location, because there are no restaurants within walking distance, other than those affiliate with the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel
- Renaissance Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover modern sophistication from a powerhouse hotel in Schaumburg featuring contemporary design that is expressive, yet functional at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel. Located near IKEA, Woodfield Mall and upscale dining, this Schaumburg, Illinois hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to top area attractions. Boasting spacious, yet modern rooms and suites with oversized bathrooms and a media connectivity center, guests can rest and recharge in style. Indulge your senses at the award-winning Sam & Harry's, serving sizzling steaks and fresh seafood, or relax with friends and co-workers in the stylish Club Lounge. Enjoy our sparkling pool and fitness center and stay connected with our business center and complimentary wi-fi in public spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.