I stayed at the Marriott on Oct 9, 2012 for a work meeting that was held on the 10th. The lobby was pleasing to the eye and quite large. Check-in was very fast and easy. There were 8 of us and we were checked in within a few minutes. Upon entering the room, it was exceptionally clean and good-sized. We were excited to see a refrigerator in the room because we planned on having a few drinks later.
After dinner, 5 of us went and got our drinks and decided to bring them down to the sitting area near the fireplace in the lobby. The front desk person was very accommodating to us, even though some were getting a bit rowdy. She got us ice, offered to heat up our dip, and humored us. She deserves a raise.
At bedtime, the beds were quite comfortable and the TV selections were fine.
A few of my coworkers ate the breakfast, I did not. They told me it was a bit expensive for what you get, but oh well since the company was paying for it anyway.
The next day we had a large group meeting in the conference room off of the lobby. The room was a bit warm, but opening the door helped, and the staff was there within a few minutes to turn the temp down.
During our lunch (I'm not sure who catered it, but it could have been the hotel), the staff kept the eating area very clean and garbages empty.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this location for business meetings..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg is just 25 miles from Downtown Chicago, near I-290, I-90, and only 15 miles from O’Hare International Airport. Business travelers love this ideal location near ORD airport and the close proximity to the offices of Motorola, Experian, and Zurich, while leisure travelers enjoy visiting LEGOLAND, Medieval Times, and shopping at IKEA or the Woodfield Mall. Free WiFi, the 24-hour business center, and our 6 meeting rooms with 3,100 sq. ft. of space offers the perfect place to organize your next business function. The new lobby is highlighted by personal media pods and the interactive touch-screen GoBoard to give you all the info you need about local news, weather, traffic, and airport schedules. The renovated guest rooms make you feel right at home with flat-screen TVs equipped with premium cable, in-room mini-fridges, and luxury bedding with crisp linens, plush mattresses, and fluffy pillows. You can dine in at our onsite Bistro to enjoy our healthy breakfast and dinner options, or you can sample the wine and craft beer menu while you relax in one of our comfy lobby chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Chicago / Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago/Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
- Courtyard Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Marriott
- Schaumburg Courtyard