“First ever deep dish.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Texas
“First ever deep dish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was my first time in Chicago so I wanted to try some deep dish pizza. It was about a ten minute wait on a Sunday evening to get in but the staff encourages you to preorder your pizza so it will come out more quickly once you are seated. We started with the spinach-cheese-tomato stuffed bread? It was served with marinara and was incredible. I liked it even better than the pizza. Then we got the Chicago classic on the butter crust - a small for two people yield 2 pieces of very deep dish pizza which was the perfect amount (if not too much) after an appetizer. The pizza was definitely not lacking in flavor but had too much sausage for my liking - my husband loved all the sausage though. The staff was friendly enough and the pizza was worth the wait.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Elkton, Virginia
“Deepdish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my first time in Chicago and I wanted to experience Chicago style pizza at its finest. We ordered one pepperoni and one sausage. The sausage was amazing!!! For appetizers we had the pizza chips - they cam with three dipping sauces which were really good. GREAT environment, service and food.

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Pizza King of Chitown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We moved away from Chicago in the 1970s. At that time there were 3 Lou Malnati's pizza
locations, now there are 34 and counting. They are doing something right.
My Chicago deep dish pizza Benchmark had always been those pies made by Uno, and Due
in their original downtown locations, with their original ovens. That was deep dish nirvana to me.
The Pizzeria Uno was a huge pie with sausage/pepperoni, green pepper and onions with thick tomato paste.
At 5 PM the restaurant was packed full and there was a line out the door waiting.
Fortunately I called ahead and they had my large deep dish, sausage/pepperoni was amazing.
The crust is the tastiest part of this pie, then the sauce, and the meat.
This pie has more sausage on it than any pie I have ever had. The prices are competitive with
the national pizza chains.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flint, Michigan
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Schaumburg, IL. We were looking for a place that offered deep dish pizza and would deliver to our hotel. Lou's had a online coupon which enticed us to try it. It was an excellent pizza, fast delivery, great price. We will definitely order from them again when we are in the area!

• Visited December 2012
East Troy, Wisconsin
“Awesome pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lou Malnati's is a chain in the Chicago area. I love deep dish pizza and am so happy we tried this place. Loved everything about this place. The atmosphere is great, try to sit in the porch area if it's a nice day out. We got a deep dish pizza with sausage, pepperoni and spinach. The pepperoni was melt in your mouth good and the sausage is generous. The tomato sauce is out of this world good. Cannot wait to go back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere