“Best Deep Dish Ever - and they even have lower-fat cheese!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Herndon, Virginia
“Best Deep Dish Ever - and they even have lower-fat cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Yes, that's right. I ate Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza and opted for the "lower-fat cheese." Sure, one might argue that I'm already eating 1,000,000 calories of bread and toppings, but I try to make it healthier where I can, and Lou's does do a great job of utilizing the lower-fat cheese. It's still gooey and melty and delicious. We ordered a Lou's Pie and a Cheese Pie - both amazing. I thought that Giordano's and Gino's East were goos (which they are), but Lou's blows them out of the water in both taste as well as texture, not to mention much friendlier and more knowledgeable service. I love that this location of Lou's is in an old house in Schaumburg. The noise level is not unlike what you'd encounter at a big old family Christmas party in a Victorian-style home. I also recommend the big, family-style salads, as well as the stuffed Spinach Bread as an appetizer.

• Visited March 2012

Chicago, IL
“So much better then Italia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place is in our backyard and we go there twice a month and it's good 'ole comfort food for the soul. We love Lou's and it's always a great staycation date night joint! You can also dry ice ship the pizza anywhere in the US as a great gift. We also go to the one in downtown Naper which is also very busy.

• Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“My favorite deep dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

This location is always busy and parking is somewhat better since they expanded the lot, but you have to walk a bit. Can get it to go!

Visited August 2011
Baltimore
“Butter crust-delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I hated deep dish pizza because I had only ever had it at Uno's. Well I still love a think crust NY style pizza but Lou Malnati's has def won me over on the Chicago deep dish variety. Uno's is utter garbage compared to this pizza. The best part--the butter crust. So good. Even better, it comes in a personal size pizza that is truely a personal size meaning everyone can pick the toppings that they love with no compromise. This place is a stop everytime I'm in the area.

Visited December 2011
Lancaster, California
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We had just arrived in the Chicago area and were looking for some good deep dish pizza. This restaurant had been recommended and we were very glad we stopped in. The restaurant is large with very homey, comfy dining rooms. We sat on the enclosed porch and enjoyed outstanding deep dish pizza and calamari as an appetizer. Both were great. The calamari was lightly breaded and very tender. The pizza was authentic deep dish Chicago-style pizza with toppings that tasted fresh and home made. Service was excellent. We would go again.

• Visited December 2011