“The Total Package” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
West Carrollton, Ohio
“The Total Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

What's Pilot Pete's? I don't know what that is but the reviews are really good, let's check it out. I'm glad we did. What a cool place to visit! We didn't check the history of the place, but it obviously got its start with fly-ins. We were attending a conference in Schaumburg and were looking for something different. That is exactly what we got. It is located at Schaumburg Regional Airport and overlooks the tarmac and runway. A window in the lobby allows you to view the functioning hanger and repair facility. After a short wait we were seated by friendly and attentive staff. I was hungry and let my eyes do the ordering, which was a mistake. Portions are HUGE, so be careful about what and how much you order. The small nachos were mounded high on a large dinner plate, a meal for two just by itself. The salads and entrees were the same. I had the pot roast and thought they brought the whole roast, much more than I could eat. The food was prepared excellently and served fast & hot. The only slight downer was the just "OK" margarita the was good without being excellent. Oh, did I forget to mention the atmosphere? They are, essentially, a little mini museum of aviation history and have many models hanging throughout. Plenty of pics and posters of the yesteryears of aviation. You can also await you table while resting in old airliner seats. And, of course, if you fly in, there is the obligatory "$100 hamburger" for your dining pleasure. Whether you fly or drive, Pilot Pete's is a great place to visit.

• Visited June 2014

Battle Creek, Michigan
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went here for the themed dining for the kids and a view of the planes. It was a nice restaurant, the food was good and prices were fair.

Visited April 2014
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Mom's day ... GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I took my wife for Mother's day to Pete's. When I told the boys where we were going all three joined also. The menu was a little different than the usual, and Mom took her leftovers home for an additional meal. Portion size is great, chicken fingers, shrimp and ribs, chicken asiago, all were great.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“great friday fish fry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We met some friends at Pilot Petes on a Friday early evening and the place was packed! There are no reservations available on Friday's. We had a 1 1/2 hour wait for a table. We did find a table to wait at in the bar. The people and wait staff were very friendly. They have a large menu selection to choose from. I suggest the lobster nachos for a starter at the bar. The fish fry seemed the most ordered on this Friday (as to be expected). At under $10 for the fish, it was very good. I want to visit again during the day to watch the airplanes takeoff and land. This is a great place for family and friends.

• Visited March 2014
Roselle, Illinois
“Best jerk chicken wings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am not a big fan of chicken wings because I do not like them breaded and dfried. But these wings were not breaded and they were not greasy, they were awesome. They also were very hot. My boyfriend and I split an order and loved them so much we ordered another and a bottle of wine to wash away the hotness....all I can say is YUMMY!!!!!!

• Visited April 2014