“Absolute amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 25 hotels in Schaumburg
Durban, South Africa
“Absolute amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We recently stayed at Comfort Suites in Schaumburg for the Ryder Cup.
The hotel manager, Darryl, and his staff did absolutely everything to make this an enjoyable and memorable stay for all visitors. Breakfast started at 5am and they had a complimentary shuttle service to the golf at all hours of the day. Nothing was ever too much!

Free wireless internet in the rooms and discounts at some local restaurants.

Excellent!!

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 x queen size beds. Extremely spacious for my dad and me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Creston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Nice room and a very friendly staff. Breakfast they had eggs and sauges it was a nice suprise. Had waffles for the kids. Kids enjoyed the pool to burn off some energy from our drive. Was close to expressways and Woodfield. You could tell the hotel was busy, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to our next trip to the chicagoland area will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I frequently travel but haven't stayed at any Comfort Suites. I was pleasantly surprised and will consider them in the future. I found the vanity in the bathroom to be longer and wider than most moderate hotels with impressive high ceilings and very clean - looks like a recent update. Shower had great water pressure which is a real beef of mine when the pressure is weak and water flow is skimpy. The room itself was, well, roomy. My only complaint was the rather small pillows. I prefer basic queen size, full pillows especially on a queen size bed. Self-serve breakfast better than most. Location was very close to the mall with a broad choice of area restaurants.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just in for an overnight Chicago trip and the Comfort Suites worked just fine for us. Room was nice and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. (The waffle machine makes four mini-waffles instead of one humungous size...that was pretty nice.) Easy on and off of the tollway too. Only took 20 minutes to get to Wrigley the next day. Bad timing on our part though. There was a huge soccer tourney in the area and there were a ton of kids in the hotel. Mostly running around and playing soccer in the hallways at 10:00pm. One call to the desk took care of it though. Just frustrating that the parents weren't supervising.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

They would get a five, but stained carpet drops them a little. They have a great breakfast here, as most Comforts do but they also have a happy hour with free wine and beer! Well, that bumps your rating!

The rooms are very nice, with a sofa and very comfortable king bed. Spacious living area and decent sized bathroom. We paid about $90 and thought that was fair for this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sun Prairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I bought a Groupon for this trip for my husband's Bday. I was excited about the room and package advertised. Whirlpool Fireplace Suite, with a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, and gourmet popcorn. They also included breakfast which was Continental, but also had some hot selections. The price $139 plus tax on the room, which came to just about $12 more.
The location was great and very easy to find. It is right off a busy highway, but is secluded in it's own corner with woods and a pond behind it. Grocery store, gas station all close by as well as some nice places to eat. We arrived for check in at 3pm and got our room right away. The room was good sized and we faced the wood area when we opened the curtains. The mattress on the bed was very old! Had lost all of it's fluff! I just bought a brand new mattress so I could tell it was like sleeping on my old one! It did have a mattress pad so that was a big plus in my book! The other problem was the hot tub! It was old, has not been caulked in along time and needs it badly! The button to turn it on was very hard to operate! Out of the 3 times we used it I could never get it to turn on. My husband had to use the cork screw to jam it down to turn it on. Not good! The room was a handicap room, and I was not told this at the time of my reservation when I booked directly with the hotel. The shower was the worse I have ever used. The water barely came out, and it took me twice as long to shower. No water pressure at all!
The package was a joke! 2 strawberries, a bottle of cheap wine, and a handful of stale popcorn covered in melting chocolate! Not worth $40 in my book! Breakfast was also a surprise! All the usual beagles,toast,cereal,coffee.... to my surprise they offered scrambled eggs and sausage links! I helped myself to a nice plate of the eggs only to just about puke all over the floor when I realized they were powered eggs! GROSS!!!!! Worse thing I have ever eaten!
We did not use the pool because it was small and loaded with kids!
Thinking back not only was it not worth the money, it was a bad experience all around. For the same price we could have went to Sysbris, Essence Suites or Champagne Suites. I trusted the brand because we have stayed many time else ware with our kids. Never again as a couple!
We did enjoy the Wood field Mall, and traveled to Des Plaines for the Paradise Pup!
I did tell the front desk before we left of our problems with the tub, he gave me the " we will take a look story" and told me to have a nice day! Not excellent customer service in my book either!

Room Tip: If you smoke you have to go outside! $150 deep cleaning fee if they catch ya! Ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My room was comfortable and quiet. Access to the property was easy and it has many fine restaurants close by and good shopping facilities within walking distance. For convenience, this hotel has a lot to offer and I had no problems with my reservation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Schaumburg? Share your experiences!