“Always trying new dishes” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 253 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Palatine, Illinois
“Always trying new dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having been to Joe's previously, I finally broke down and ordered the New Orleans steam pot. Loved it! Joe's accommodated this very picky eater by substituting additional shrimp and andouille for the crawfish in the dish.

Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu items.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Guam, Mariana Islands
“Can't Get Signature Dish Right?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'm not particularly one for crab and lobster. Frankly, too much work. But other family members insisted we try this place, so away we went.

Staff was friendly, and the prices seemed moderate for a seafood restaurant. The waitress was very well informed, and knew the difference between Snow Crab and Princess Crab.

Two of us ordered the crab pots, two ordered other seafood dishes.

The crab-stuffed mushrooms were very well prepared and very cheesy. Likewise the crab soup - mistakenly brought me a bowl instead of the cup I ordered (charged me for the cup), and I was happy to have it.

The non-crab dishes were both very good (I had a taste), however the very nice piece of salmon was overcooked. The crab pots? Both of us found the crab tasteless and very tough. Perhaps overcooked along with the salmon, or perhaps just not very good quality crab. In my Cajun steam pot I was given a piece of andouille sausage, which was terrific. The other bucket of Princess steam crab was also said to be tough and tasteless.

Dessert menu looked uninspired, so we passed.

If you can't get your signature dishes right, what's the point?

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good but the pot is small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've always seen the commercials and wowed by the seafood pots. So when I got to go to a Joe's Crab Shack, I knew I had to get one of the pots. The pot looks big but the it doesn't feel as overflowing of food as it does on TV. However, the food is good. The bib thing is silly but useful and needed when you start breaking shells and the juice flies everywhere. I would come back again and try another pot.

Visited September 2013
“Did not enjoy the breaded lobster at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the featured entree of breaded lobster. The picture showed chunks of lobster with breading around it.... What we actually got was a whole lot of breading with a few specks if lobster. This is not an exaggeration. It was sad how little lobster was in the dish for $23!!! I would rather have a few good pieces than the mound of breading on my plate. Yuck!!! I will not be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ames, Iowa
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate at Joe's Crab Shack in Schaumberg, Ill, this last weekend and we were pleasantly surprised. Joe's used to just have lots of fried food and we were not impressed by it. They added some new boiled pots with a variety of food that were very good. We split a crab legs and lobster pot and it was very good. I would recommend Joe's Crab Shack to any one looking for some good sea food in the midwest.

Visited September 2013