The wife and I checked in to the Wingate on V-Day 2011, staying just for one night. I had made the reservations directly with the hotel (this way, they can apply special discounts as opposed to going through online.) We got a fantastic deal on a jacuzzi whirlpool suite for only $149 for the night! Considering it's probably during one of the most sought-after holidays for a jacuzzi suite, we were really please with the price.
During check-in, the front desk attendant (Patrick?) involved us in a very pleasant conversation about the property. He told us about the complimentary breakfast, as well as the general lay of the land.
We got to our room, and the first thing we noticed, besides how beautiful the property is, was the size of the room. I don't know if it was just because it was a jaccuzzi suite, but it was HUGE! There was a fridge and microwave were in the room, which made it easy for us to stash our leftovers. The beds are AWESOME! Firm, yet giving. The pillows (and plenty of them) are super comfortable...the wife thought they were down-filled.
We slept as peacefully as we do at home, maybe even a little moreso. We woke up the next morning, and made our way to the breakfast...WOW!!! Eggs, sausage, a variety of breads and bagels, juices, fresh fruits, muffins, cereals, make-your-own waffles, the list goes on and on! They even have a Japanese breakfast section with Miso soup, a very unique touch!
All in all, this hotel is superb! We're sticklers of service, and no joke, every single person we met, whether in the halls, the lobby, etc., were super friendly and always smiling. The property itself has numerous upgrades, and you can tell it has gone through some very recent renovations, We usually stay at Choice Hotels when we travel, but we're definately going to be looking for Wingate properties for now on, just because of our experience here!
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Schaumburg/ Hotel Schaumburg
- Wingate By Wyndham Schaumburg/ Hotel
- Wingate Schaumburg Hotel
- Wyndham Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Schaumburg Wingate Inn is located near the Schaumburg Convention Center and Woodfield Shopping Center and approximately 20 miles from downtown Chicago and 15 miles from O'Hare International Airport. For on-site recreation, the hotel houses a fitness room and whirlpool. Every morning, a complimentary hot breakfast buffet is available from 6-9:30 am. The hotel also offers complimentary wired and wireless internet, ice/vending machines, 24-hour front desk, free parking, and laundry/valet services. All suites have air-conditioning, clock radios, coffeemakers, safes, microwaves, refrigerators, desks, and cable TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.