“Weary traveler rests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center

You added Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 East Remington Road, Roselle Rd & Remington Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Came to this place after tried a hotel that had smoking next door. Stayed here back in December with the gf family was very happy with the room size then. So we walked in asked if any rooms left. They had two a two bed room and a king sweet. Got a good deal on the room. Did not no what room we got, but when we walked in it was the king sweet. Loved that place. The breakfast was great had a lot of choices. Going to stay there the 4 July weekend agin. I say if your thinking of staying here do it in a heart beat.:)

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Deidra G, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I actually remember checking you into our hotel. It was a pleasure having you hear. We are glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and that our accomodations and services were acceptible to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we accomidate you for future reservations. Again we loved having you here. Thank you, kindly!
East Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Family spent the weekend at this Wingate and it was just "ok". Nothing there blew us away to overly impress us. The rooms were outdated, carpet looked dirty. The pillows (8 for two beds) were lumpy and the beds caused back ache for us. The cable package for the television was not kid friendly at all and there was not a cable guide to be found. Now we didn't go there for the tv or to spend a lot of time in the room, but when you have a 4 year old looking for something to watch it would be nice for a few kid channels. The a/c unit was on and off about every 10 minutes which got annoying real quick. The free breakfast was average at best. The waffles were good. Fresh fruit is always good and cereal can't be ruined. Some of the workers in the dining area were attentive to the food, service but not overly friendly with the guests.
This was my second stay at a Wyndham property and won't make a judgment yet on the corporation as a whole yet. I got the room for real cheap at the last minute. So for what it's worth: an outdated, average hotel, average to fair service, great location to malls, food, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I want to first thank you for choosing our hotel. The hotel will be undergoing some renovations in the future. I apologize if there was an inconvenience. If you are in the area before then, please do not hesitate to give us a call, so that we can wow you with your next reservation.
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tired, and I don't mean the travelers. I've stayed at this hotel a half dozen times over the past 10 years and boy has it aged. Carpets are stained, toilets are dripping, wallpaper is peeling, and the beds are sloped. I went to sleep on one side of the bed and woke up on the other, with a back ache to boot.

Oh, and the breakfast ... It reminded me of a Cheers episode that went something like this:
Norm: Yeah, Cliff had the tunnel T-bone. For less than four bucks, you get 24 ounces of USDA choice US bef.
Cliff: Bef? You mean beef.
Norm: Beef? Don't be ridiculous Cliffy, that stuff is bef. You see, it's a trademark for a processed, synthetic, meat-like substance.

Try the breakfast and you'll start saying Egs.

The only reason this place is not the lowest rating possible is that the staff is great and the price reflects the quality The team at the front desk is friendly and very helpful. They do their best with what they're given.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Deidra G, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We do appreciate your loyally in staying with us. The property will be going through some renovations in the future to make our guest more comfortable. Whenever you are back in town and your need anything to make your stay more comfortable please feel free to reach out to me.
Schaumburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

When we checked in we were given room 206. Upon arriving upstairs the room door was propped open and a pile of dirty shirts were in front of the door. We went back downstairs and were assigned room 104. First of all the carpet was dirty and you could feel it under your feet. The comforter cover had oil stains on it. There was a large stain in front of the bathroom. I think it was bleach. The floor in the bathroom was dirty and so was the tub. The bed was comfortable and breakfast wasn't bad. Upon waking up in the morning I thought I'd make a cup of coffee. I started putting the pod in the coffee pot and read the directions. I turned over what was supposed to be a clean cup and it was filled with dark chocolate matter and full on mold growth. I took it up to the front desk and I was told the last person in the room stayed 2 weeks. So...they don't check the dishes or anything if someone stays long term? We had earned a free night with our Wyndham points but this room was terrible from start to finish and the dirty, moldy coffee cup about made me vomit when I saw it first thing this morning. The front desk clerk said there was nothing he could do and when we checked out he told us we should have been in 206. Room 206 was there with the door open and dirty laundry piled in front of it. Was that the superior room? Also, 104 didn't have a shower curtain when we arrived and a guy named John brought us one. He wasn't in a uniform, didn't have a name tag and could have been anyone off the street. This hotel is unprofessional, dirty, disorganized and one of the worst experiences I've ever endeavored at a hotel. Don't make a reservation here because if you're a loyal Wyndham points member this hotel lacks the customer service that backs up such a program.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Typically, when my hubby and I go to Chicago, we like to stay on the outskirts in a quiet suburb. We stay far enough from the hustle and bustle but close enough to be a part of city events, if desired. However, this weekend we spent the entire weekend in Schaumburg and didn't venture into the city. That testament speaks volumes for us! We were able to completely relax and Schaumburg has a variety of things to do and tons of great restaurants.

We needed a restful weekend and Wingate provided just what we needed. We had a late check-in and our reservation was not found in their system from Expedia. The front desk made us feel at ease as they were friendly and most accommodating. Considering that a little investigative work had to be done to confirm our purchase for the weekend, the check-in process was extremely fast.

Our room was room was pleasing modern and relatively clean. I noticed a couple of stains on the bed sham/ruffle. It should have been taken off the bed from the last servicing of the room. It is inches from where people have to sleep. My other issue were the strains of hair found in the shower. Hair removal from previous customers is essential! Other than those concerns, the room was rather clean.

Other than the aforementioned items, the room was quite clean and comfortable! We had a King Suite with a Jacuzzi. Due to the Jacuzzi being in the bathroom, the counter space was reduced. However, I simply used the area above the microwave/refrigerator for storing items by moving the coffee maker to the top of the microwave. The space worked perfectly while my hubby was able to store his items in bathroom. The Jacuzzi is best suited for one person to relax; however, it can accommodate two people.

The king bed was extremely comfortable, and both of us were able to rest really well. Yet, I don't prefer super fluffy pillows. I like for my neck to have a support more aligned to the mattress. For those who love extra pillows with supreme fluffiness the ones provided would serve it's purpose. My husband loved them and the extra ones gave him more comfort. The large flat screen is strategically positioned in front of the bed to allow for a relaxing view.

It is not a REGULAR suite when hotels classify a room as such. The photos are slightly deceiving and we confirmed by looking at the website once we were in the room. There is a what I would describe as a threshold. But there isn't a separate area where a door or a partition creates a suite. It is a room with a long entrance way and a slight extension of the room after the threshold for a large chair with an ottoman and a table to sit. In the long entrance way, one will find the space I described above for the microwave/refrigerator along with a desk and a chair. It is a tight squeeze, but it's still nice. I believe that bit of information needs to be explicitly stated. Because we've stayed in a lot of suites which were much larger even if they weren't two room suites. However, I do want to emphasize that it is nice room.

The hotel provides what is described as a semi-continental complimentary breakfast. It really is pretty good.There were a variety of cereals, fruit (apples & bananas), yogurt, beverages, muffins/danishes and ONE waffle maker. It can get crowded while it takes 2:11 minutes for each one. I recommend Wingate consider the investment of another waffle maker to better accommodate guests. In addition to all the items offered, they do provide hot eggs and sausages. It really is a pretty good breakfast. Normally, I will not even partake even if a free breakfast is included, because it is up to par for my standards. But we went both mornings and were not disappointed! I would suggest not to miss out on this offer and save money for lunch and dinner outside of the hotel.

I would further recommend if one wants to keep the noise level at a minimum, be sure to inquire about not being placed near a family with children. It is a really quite hotel so if children are not, you can hear them through the slightly thin walls.

I attempt to provide the most authentic review and offer details that I look for when I am looking through reviews. In short, I would recommend this hotel. We always check for great deals since we go to the Chicago area a lot and would consider it again if the price was right for what is offered.

Room Tip: If one is concerned about overhead noise, then choose the highest floor. There was a family with a c...