“find another place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2000 North Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL 60195   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Houston, Texas
“find another place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

My first night, I asked for a wake up call, the desk agent confirmed my room number and the time. No wake up call came, and when I mentioned that to another desk agent she said "Well, we don't do wake up calls". Would have been nice if the agent last night had told me that. That's OK, as a 30 year business traveler, I always set a room alarm in addition. Of course, the alarm clock did not work. I asked the desk agent for a new clock (that was 3 hours ago, and I still haven't gotten a new one). I just went down to the desk for a clock and got :"sorry, we don't have any". I also asked for more shampoo - they give you a Tablespoon sized container when you check in... the desk agent gave me a spoon and said "I thought you wanted shampoo, but didn't understand". Again, a promise to send it up to the room.
I had to go to the desk to get a hair dryer; and if you want ANYTHING in the kitchenette - plates, glasses, forks/knives/spoons, towel, you have to check it out at the desk. The room smells of mold, there are bugs climbing the walls. There are ads in the elevator about the resources in the room - of course there are none in the room Two of the 4 lights in the room do not work.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maplewood, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

To start out - I did get this hotel via priceline.com (name your price), so I had no choice when it came to the hotel, only the general area. With that being said, I was very happy with the hotel. The staff was very gracious and attentive. If I needed anything they jumped.. not in 5 or 10 minutes, but upon my request. The room was tidy and the bed firm but very comfortable. The only problem I had was the odor in the room. Since it is an Extended Stay, I was not shocked by the smell of smoke in the room. I was able to keep the window open my entire stay so it really wasn't an issue. Thanks to the staff for a great mini vacation!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Got my checkout date wrong although we paid in advance for 2 months ~$2,000. They walked into my room not once but twice WITHOUT knocking. I could understand the 1st time because they thought I was supposed to checkout but when they knew I was there they walked in a second time without knocking. This was an invasion of privacy and I feel extremely uncomfortable now being here just waiting for someone to walk in whenever they feel like it. When I double checked the reservation paper I had it clearly said checkout wasn't for another month. I called the front desk to fix the issue and she was extremely rude. When I told her I didn't appreciate employees walking into my room twice without knocking I didn't even get a sincere apology. It is a nice sized room for an extended stay. I think house keeping should come in twice a week rather than once especially if your there for 2 months. It is a decent hotel compared to many but some of the employees are extremely rude and insensitive. They should have done more (be more sincere that I was not upset) since they were in the wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from house keeping, they are extremely loud. Some staff is really friendly while...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very friendly and responsive management and staff. Nice, comfortable furnishings. Great coffee every morning. Everything you need for a long-term stay is provided here and makes it easy to be here on a long-term project or during a relocation.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor down the hall quite a distance from the elevators. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff and facility enjoyable as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Jim and Tracy went out of their way to make sure we were accommodated! Booked through priceline and they still made sure we got double beds and that the room was clean. Prompt, courteous and professional

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I got into the hotel around 1p, and wondered if they would charge me the extra 25 dollar fee for early check in. The minute I walked in guy at front, which is the manager was very happy. Very outgoing, and awesome. I said I am here to check in, he goes name, I told him. He goes we have been waiting for you. He goes can you hold on for a minute to let me make sure your room is ready. He ran up the stairs and about 5 mins later ran back down. HE goes your room is ready. I had never seen that before. He gave me my key and checked me in. Amazing. Never once asked me for fee for early check in. Staff is amazing there and make sure you are taken care of. Stay there anytime! I will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stay in this hotel if you get a good deal. I would advise staying against in ground floor ,especially if you are planning to cook. You cannot open the windows on the ground floor but it is possible on the other floors.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90? Share your experiences!