“2nd visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Schaumburg
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
“2nd visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We came back here on purpose, because it was so great the first time, and now they've remodeled. The lobby isn't done yet but the rooms were great. We had a King room. My 18 year old son and I shared the bed. 21 yo daughter used the couch. 16 yo son used his blow-up bed, which he sleeps on at home.

Everything seemed clean. I am much more picky than the last time because of watching Hotel Impossible. I checked for dust, bugs, grout, and all was fine. We specified 1st floor knowing there would be noise upstairs, but it was quiet very early so no problems.

If you are staying near Schaumberg, you would have trouble finding a place this nice at this low of price.

Room Tip: If you join the free Sonesta travel club online, you get a password for higher speed internet. we we...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Schaumburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Our suite is comfortable, well decorated and even has a full sized range, microwave and refrigerator. This area is packed with wonderful restaurants and shopping. Our pets were welcome. The only regret I have is that we didn't come in the summer when we could have enjoyed the pool and other amenities. I would highly recommend you stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will never stay here again. We went to bed early because we had a long day. We were awaken at 2 in the morning by mexican guests below us playing music very loud. I thought maybe it would last a few minutes but ending lasting till 5 in the morning. Finally I went to the front desk and they kindly told them to stop. By this time my family and I were awake that we decided to hit the road instead of waiting for are free breakfast or for them to start playing music again. Why these people were allowed to play music this late is indescribable. It was the worst night ever and the beds are hard as a rock. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I am really sorry that one of our guests were disrespectful and not aware that they were keeping you awake. I wish that you would have called our front desk associate immediately when it was noticed so we could have handled the situation accordingly. We strive to provide a comfortable, quiet environment for our guests but sometimes situations happen. My team is trained to take care of concerns and would have definitely handled it had they known. I hope that you will not let this once instance hinder your opinion of our property. Please reach out to myself or my Operations Manager, Steven, to discuss further. I appreciate your feedback.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here because the manager signed her name & responded to every reviewer with an issue. It is PEOPLE I trust, not chains or corporate owners. Great bed; QUIET area; was booked full, but no noise; no perfumes in the linen, just clean & fresh. Apartment was VERY clean. Near arteries to all of Chicagoland, close to OHare. The staff interactions here were what you hope for; human-scale, effective, professional, warm. I had a lot of tough stuff going on (family funeral). They stepped up each time a need arose--it really helped -- I had no reserves of energy, time or money to make up for the hotel's short-comings (which are legion, every chain, everywhere). And each time they made it right. So--I trust the management; I will stay there again shortly. It is the people you end up dealing with--THAT makes or breaks a place. That said, to the Sonesta Corporate overlords: if you sell a kitchen, put cooking equipment in it; if you re-furbish, provide more than 1 towel rack-- 2 adults need at least 3. The water in the shower is not hot enough & does not last long. When your front street sign goes dark in a Chicago winter, you cannot be found from the road.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I appreciate all of your feedback that you have provided to us. I am so happy that I was able to meet with you and discuss all of the "wonderful" follow up that my staff did for you during a very trying time. It is nice to hear all of the positive influences that my team brings to this hotel and to our guests. I thank you for that. I look forward to seeing you in the near future when you are in the area visiting family. Have a wonderful holiday and we will see you in the new year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First let me thank Felicia for all your help in making our stay simply wonderful.

This was the start of our mini vacation birthday celebration before heading to Jelly Belly.

The room was clean, warm, well lit and nicely furnished. Very comfortable beds.

We would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2014
I would like to say "Thank You" for staying with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and Felicia took very good care of you. Please come back and visit us again when you are in the Schaumburg area. Have a wonderful holiday season! Enjoy.
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Newly renovated rooms, very clean and quiet. I was extremely pleased with the staff at this hotel and the amount of room you get for the price can't be beat. This was our first stay and due to some ongoing business in the area we will defiantly be back to this hotel several times in the near future. I am a little remiss to give it such a good review, because I don't want everyone else to know about this place, I want to keep it to myself.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. Please come back and visit us when our lobby is complete and we have our new amenities available to you. It is guests like yourself who help us become the brand that we are. Tell everyone about us- we have a lot of great properties in the US and overseas that you could also enjoy. We welcome you back !!!! Thank you again.
Westmont, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Felicia did change my first room due to issues and the maintenance staff was nice and assisted to the best of their ability. I really liked this hotel because the beds were comfortable and it had a very nice full kitchen.The 2-bedrooms are spacious and the only complaint is the heating unit. It is outdated and not working well with the newly installed thermostats. The vents blow out cold air once the rooms reach its desired temperature.This really needs to be resolved because we had to stay in bed to stay warm. The outlet plugs need attention because when you plug in your devices in living room it sparks.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent comments regarding our hotel and it's services. I appreciate your honesty and will do everything it takes to fix the HVAC in the guestroom you were in. Without feedback like yours, I would not be aware of issues like this. Please come back and visit us when you are back in the Schaumburg area. Your business is important to us and I thank you for staying with us.

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Schaumburg? Share your experiences!